1937 infancy of RVing lifestyle

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

1937 infancy of RVing lifestyle

Postby Liz » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:40 pm

I saw this clip on Tioga George's blog and copied the link here for your enjoyment. Only the rigs have changed...the lifestyle is still the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rCZY5zR6zU
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Re: 1937 infancy of RVing lifestyle

Postby Carolinagal » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:13 pm

That was me, traveling in a 40's model trailer. My Dad was in construction and we lived in a small very neatly laid out trailer. No bathrooms back then. Bedroom in the back for my folks and my sister and I shared the couch which made down into a bed. I am not sure how many years we lived in it, but we traveled in all of the states this side of the Mississippi and I went to so many schools in the third grade, wonder they passed me. We went where the big highway jobs were, my Dad, ran a big what they called Dragline. We did this for a number of years. Started out in Michigan and ended up in Florida. Florida was busy growing so after a few years down there, we finally moved out of the trailer. I can still see the layout in my mind. I remember my Dad had an old Jeep and he pulled that trailer down through the Smokies on 441, some of those curves , my sis and i, setting in the back could see the back of the trailer ha,ha. The jeep was all open, exciting then, not so now , and doubt it was then to my folks. I enjoyed, Liz, Thanks
Brought back so many memories, even the first boyfriend in S.C. ha,ha. (I wonder was he really cute?) :lol: :lol:

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:50 pm

I saw this on Tioga George's too,... only you had your head on straight and thought to copy the link. Thanks for sharing!
Cedar518

Postby Nasoosie » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:22 pm

What a great video, Liz! I thoroughly enjoyed it! And Carol...no wonder you still like RVing! You grew up 'on the road'!! The call of the open road still beckons to me, also. I really NEED to get out there while I am stil able! Thanks for sharing!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Return to General Talk