Wednesday...To Be or Not To Be..Morning !

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wednesday...To Be or Not To Be..Morning !

Postby Barbzeee » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:55 am

Wednesday...To Be or Not To Be...Morning ! Yeah, is there a method to this Madness ????? Sure don't know right now..cause it's tooo dang early for my Gray Matter to start clicking in... I mean I had the wildest dream so when I woke up I was tried...Go figure !... Watched America's Got Talent...(and there's some good ones on this time) and woke up and asked "Who One "... yeah.. I get snug as a bug in a rug in that recliner...the AC blowing and my Blankie (Afghan that my Momma made) and my Reba and Joe curled up and we is toast !.. yep, in a melt down ..part of the chair (can't say earth feet ain't on the ground)...then I get up and hit the computer before I go to bed (again) check my email.(and always egads what's next ) and then off to slumber land...seems like the clock ticks too fast cause no sooner my head hit that pillow and I'm getting back up....A vicious cycle ???? (New York Talk) LOL Ok..so see how my morning has gone so far...Now what's next .....checking to see what you all have been up too....

I see a good picture of PattyK and Fernie...speaking of which.. PattyK where are ya ??? Hope all is ok...but that looks like a great Mug shot....and looks like you were having some good times..and Fernie...outstanding picture of a Fire..I mean what a great Campfire too... yeah .. I can see us all sitting around laughing and telling stories...Smore's please...no stick with just plain ole Marshmellows...we want the good stuff...right gals !!!

Mtngal (Diana) asked a great question.. If you have only 3 days and you are in Southern Utah.....wow...Diana... I recapped what you asked..and Gal.. Like Beth says... I wouldn't sleep either...I'd be wired..depending yes how far south you are...Lordy there is some gorgeous stuff to take in.. My camera wouldn't know where to click...Yes, all check out her column and please do post for her...She's gonna be on a Mission...Diana...I can only tell ya...St George was wonderful and Zion..oh and I'd keep riding ...I'd probably even go through the Virgin River Canyon..but then that's way south..but I couldn't miss that either... I stayed in that Rest area for 3 days LOL... loved the area..but I loved the whole area.. Gal I can't wait to hear what you finally do...cause bring a large pot of coffee and keep sippin'....:)

ShirlV asked a good question in RetiredHappy's column on Directions for Dinette Seat Covers.. now I'm sure wanting to get my Seat covers covered..as I just use those Sheet towels..always hated the decor of them plus the couch...but hey... it was practical for the critters..and sleeping on that couch is sure torture..I do bring one of those Aero Beds if I have company..makes life easy..but some good ideas in there...cause I might just visit Karen and make her dinners while she sews my covers LOL Hey Karen whatcha thinK ????....

Now Avalen...(Ava) she done flooded herself.. I mean she must have been engrossed on what was happening on our Forum cause she left the water running...I'd say like Niagara falls, Ava ? Yikes I could imagine that scene...LOL I've done a pot of water on a stove and smelt that number and had to clean that pot.. took days !!! So girlfriend LOL You got one clean blind and lots of clean flooring LOL.....See how addicting we is :mrgreen:

Mntophoundz (Mollie) am I hearing the Race is on music...is it the beat of the drum..getting up getting everything ready... Drinkin that coffee down and praying for a beam up and out... LOL Good Luck Mollie...I sure hope we fit in your schedule...see we is gonna keep you hopin today ...uh oh.. that's sounds like my Dorothy....:)

Oh Dorothy.. ( OO) you know I have too hit on ya.. you is sure my idea of the Kansas/Mo whirlwind...you do so much in a short time.. and I sit here gasping... and Yes, I knew you'd like my Ruby Reds...they are yours for life !! Can't wait to see the pictures of your new place and hear you and DH have settled in.. and by the way.. my bucket garden is doing great.. I think from now on that's all I'm gonna do.. no more bending over...See my Momma use to do that in NY.. we had fire escapes and we had lots of veggies...LOL colorful too I might add... but one thing.. look out below if by accident someone made the wrong turn... !!!!

Heads up looking for Liz and CarolinaGal... waiting to hear from them... and also we will be hearing from Paulette..cause today is the day..isn't it that Paulette and Echo and Kelly have their GTG...okie dokie..!! OH and Khenrie.. (Kim) where are you ??

Ok gals.. it's up and to the kitchen.. yes that coffee pot is on and yes it's making me want to head due East..LOL Echo, Cedar, Carold, Mntophoundz (Mollie) ..I know Sunseeker (Jill) is with me... so I'm fixin some biscuits and Jelly.. yeah I need a good dose....RV Granny (Lori) we could use that good breakfast couldn't we LOL Ernie buzzing by ??? Mugs are ready and it's click and here's to ya !!

May your Adventures be Great ones and your Journey be Safe too !

God Bless

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Re: Wednesday...To Be or Not To Be..Morning !

Postby Mtntophoundz » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:20 am

Good Morning! Well here I am, first day back to work. Not sure where in the world my summer went, but its gone. I couldn't fall asleep last night worth nothing, so I really had to make myself get out of that bed! Yesterday wasn't the relaxing day I had hoped it would be. (Are they ever?) I get a phone call from work about a position that "might" open up. The person who called knew I would be interested. So after spending much of the day thinking I put my name in the hat. We shall see what happens. Well, I have to go get everything ready to go. Have a great day all!!!!
Mollie
A hubby, 2 skin kids,
Fur-sons Shane & Rascal
It is in the woods we return to reason and faith..... ~Emerson
Mtntophoundz

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:40 am

Morning ladies!
I woke up cause the house is too warm. I now have all the windows open and will turn on the fans soon to get that cool night air inside so I can later shut the house up to keep it cool. Suppose to only be in the low 90s today and perhaps a thunder boomer. I would like that. I miss a good thunderstorm, being from the midwest.
I took in the county fair yesterday. Yep, in the worse heat of the week I decide to go! Never said I was smart, just good looking! :lol: Anyway, it was $5 to park and $9 to get in. I walked through the vendor buildings. Pretty much the same thing every year. I kinda feel sorry for the vendors that have to travel in their RVs from show to show. A couple single ladies I talked to was amazed I was retired already. They looked a bit lonely and tired. With the heat I didn't feel like walking thru the animal barns so after checking out all 3 of the huge vendor buildings and sitting in every massage chair I could find, I bought my obligatory $8 bbq turkey leg and $5 med. kettle corn and came home. County fairs seem to have lost their magic for me which saddens me as I always had such fun when I was younger. Guess that's the key. Younger!
From there I went grocery shopping, came home and grabbed my furbaby and took him in to get his nails clipped. Since I cut the quick and he bled all over I don't do them myself any more. Matt charges me $5 every other time so I'm ok with that.
I hope to get a call later today that my bike is in. Can't wait to scoot around on it. I'll have to post pics.
Well, enjoy the day the good Lord gave you!
Lenora
AlmostThere

Postby Sunseeker » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:05 am

Good morning ladies! I only have time for half a cup since today is travel day one for us. We won't know the day's destination until we see what time we actually pull out. Most everything made it into the MH yesterday, now I just need to rearrange a bit and try to rattle-proof. Tommy will be doing last minute outside...batteries, tire pressure, checking straps, etc.

Today is his birthday, but we kinda celebrated yesterday since I knew he'd want to bring his presents along and I had to figure out where they'd ride best. I got him a new bag lounge chair, the movie "Thunder road" (old); his favorite, a koozie for his beer can that says "cola" on the outside :P and some Imperial Stinger horseshoes he's been wanting. Hopefully, we'll be passing through Sikeston, Missouri around suppertime, and I'll treat him to dinner at Lamberts, home of the throwed rolls.

Have a productive and enjoyable day, all, and I'll check back with ya when the wheels stop for the night.
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Echo » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:08 am

YAWN!

Where the heck did the morning go? Dang, seems like it was only 5:45 just a few minutes ago and I was pouring my first mug of morning coffee. :? Now if only the rest of the day would go that fast. Or at least until 5pm this afternoon....

Yep today is the day that Kelly and I meet up with Paulette in Erwin TN and have supper together. YeeHaw we are looking forward to it. I rode down on the bike last night and peeked around for a couple of restaurants. Didn't really look for Huddle House as that is suppose to be right off the interstate. For those of you who don't know what a Huddle House is? It sure is like a Waffle House only bigger with a little more selection. Hmmm? Some of you Yankees who haven't been in the southern region might not know what a Waffle House is??? The north really doesn't have anything I can use to compare it with a Waffle House. It's more or less a breakfast food place, the only choices for supper are chopped steak, steak, and pork chops for meat unless ya want bacon or sausage, hash browns and salad for sides. Everything else is geared for breakfast. :) Erwin does boast a Pizza Hut then it goes into Micky D's, KFC, Sonic and a Mexican restaurant. That's pretty much it, they do have a very small combo A&W and Long John Silvers at the Appco gas station on the outskirts of town. Erwin is a real big place don't ya know. I did send Paulette a PM letting her know of a place 5mls up the road from Erwin called Unicoi. There is a restaurant there called Clarence's. Every time I've passed by it has been packed with locals. I even saw 3 tractor trailers parked there yesterday. Hmmmmm

Took the dogs out about 30min ago or so. Dang it while I was out there the skies OPENED up. Dogs never even got the chance to get off the deck. LOLOL I grabbed my biggie umbrella to stay dry, popped it open amid holding onto my coffee mug and cigarette. Turned around and there were both dogs huddled up next to the house under the eave to stay out of the rain. :lol: To tell the truth I'm surprised that Shade hadn't just came over to get under the umbrella. The little bugger knows what they are for sure! HA I let them in and waited for the rain to die some then they went back out and did their business. They sure the heck didn't waste any time going and wanting back in the house. hehehehe

Ok it's that time. Gads I don't want to go to work!!! But? No workie, no monie!!!

Hope ya all have a fine day and stay safe.

Love to all
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Liz » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:07 am

Yep, here's Liz, checking in from GA. Made it to hump day with the gds. They're sleeping late today, so it's the first chance to get on here an catch up. They keep ya hoppin'. It's hot here in GA, temps 100+ with heat advisories. So, it's indoor chores & games for us. Two more days & heading home Sat.

I'm worried about the TX & LA ladies with the storms coming through, but not even time to watch the Weather channel. Maybe I can read some of the posts before the gds wake up. I'm way behind!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby carold » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:35 am

GOOOOD morning gals. Made it to Asheville yesterday afternoon and found an RV park at the top of a small mountain overlooking the valley. A big piece of property with cabins, tenting and 18 rv sites-very spread out. The owner happens to be from my home territory-Miami-small world.

We're looking to see if this is an area we could hang out it the summer-fall months. It offers so much-art, theatre, white water rafting, hiking, camping in the mountains and the Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway, 4 hours from our grandkids and 40 miles from friends who summer on Beech Mountain. Also, NOT CHEAP.
While we've been traveling, we are scoping out different areas. Of course, we may decide to just stay on the road more. :D

So, oft to take a look around. And Barbz, I was wondering about Kim too. carold
carold

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:55 am

Morning, All......got the coffee sitting right here and the news is on the TV......puppy's been out to do his thing.....Ernie took him on his "walk"...then left to mow Weds. lawns.....Buddy is still in the bed sleeping....the sun is trying to peek between the leaves and the clouds....lol......okay, now I'm waking up......let's see...today will be somewhat lazy, but do need to finish project for the "campers Party" at the end of the month.....am donating an afghan for 1 of the door prizes......

We spent some time yesterday planning more for our winter travels....already set for the TX GTG, but Ernie made our reservations at Ft. Sam Houston for the rest of the month of Nov.....and of course we're reserved at the Corpus Cristi NAS.....the places we want to go for Sept. and Oct. do not take reservations, so it's pot luck there....but we've done that before.....

Echo, yeap know what a Huddle House and Waffle House are.....mmmmmmmmm love cheezy grits!!!!!! and Zeee....breakfast here today will be eggs and bacon......Lenora, yes, I agree county fairs seem smaller than when we were kids, but I still like to go.....ours here is the week of 8/19-24.....

Okay, need to get going here.....will check back later...you all have a great day...

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:07 am

Here's Cedar waving good morning as she heads to the coffee pot! it's raining here again this a.m. i swear everything in the whole north country has mold or mushrooms growing on it! What I wouldn't give for a nice clear, sunny and dry day!

i'm heading out early this afternoon for the KOA in wilmington, NY where I'll be the hostess for the 5th annual GNYNER (Great NY/New England Rally) for the solo women's a-frame group RVBuddies. I expect about 8-10 Chalets and Aliners to be there. I'll be greating them with a bag of NY/Adirondack info and a pint of wonderful locally produced real maple syrup. (my son is carrying on the family tradition)

The KOA advertises wifi on "most" sites,.... sure hope that will be on mine,... can't think about going 5 days without this forum!

So to those on the road,... safe travels to you,... and to those at home,... have a great day!
Cedar518

Postby oliveoil » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:26 am

GOOD MORNING-GOOD MORNING--GOOD MORNING--------
I didn't have time to read everyone's posts this morning--as Hubby is waiting on me-----we have about a million things to do today as he took the day off work!!!!!!
It rained all night here last night & is still raining------ we needed the rain-even if the neighbor did have all his hay down!!!!!!!!! :roll:
I'll be back late tonight--------- eveyone have a great day-------- later OO
oliveoil

Postby mtngal » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:32 am

No rain for us! drats, I was counting on Edouard. My phone rang at 430 this morning, nobody there, but woke me up. Fell back to sleep eventually and now I really need that coffee you gals are so fond of to wake me up again! And crazy dreams too....visiting an old lodge in the Sierras that burned down last year, with a very unlikely group of people, so crazy. I'm going out for a walk to clear my head. Have a fun day!
Diana
mtngal

Postby Bethers » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:51 am

Today is my Saturday. Peaches let me sleep in till about 8:20 - at which time she let it be known she couldn't make it much longer. She's so cute while I potty, wash my face and throw something on to walk her - pacing back and forth and coming to the bathroom door and sitting up begging - I tell her I move as fast as I can - but I don't think she believes me.

Being a day off, she gets a much better walk than when I take her out a 5 ugh something in the morning. So all the way around the park we went, with her taking time to also smell anything she wanted. The breeze seemed to quit 3/4's around and the heat pick up - so the last part of the walk went a tad faster.

Last night I was taken out to dinner. Nothing fancy - we went to a new bar that caters to the locals. But I think the tourists are going to discover their great burgers. Very small menu - but it seems a smart idea, as what they have seems to be really good. I had a peppercorn burger with pepperjack cheese - oh so yummy. And they make fries from real potatoes - big fries, but still had some crunch and not at all greasy. I'll go back there again.

My day is already getting away from me lol - 10 already- so I'm going to read some here and figure out what I want to do with my day off - or just laze around maybe LOL
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:23 am

Jill, I love Lamberts!! I put up my hands for a roll and missed and it splattered on the window behind me! So much fun and such good food! :o

Echo, the north has IHOPs everywhere. And there's always Denny's, Elmer's etc. :D
AlmostThere

Postby Bethers » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:40 am

Lambert's has been on my to-do list ever since I first heard of them a couple years ago. Will make it some day.

Okies, I'm from upnorth and now live down south - what is Elmer's???
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Shirlv » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:18 pm

Can't stop in for coffee, working this week and go in at 6:00. By the time I can get here its Happy Hour :)
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Next

Return to Morning Coffee