This great new Forum!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

This great new Forum!

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:49 pm

Well, I guess I've explored around enough to get comfy here,... what a lot of nice features this forum has. I especially like how you can zip right to the first new post on a thread .... makes it easy to catch up every time you get here.

Posting pictures seems to be a lot easier,... but maybe that's just me.

I'm so thankful for Bethers and her expertise in setting this up. It seems to be a great format and I sure do love it!
Cedar518

Re: This great new Forum!

Postby Barbzeee » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:00 pm

I'll say Cedar you and I have been running our fingers LOL but I've been catching up.. had Art class to day .. cooked a Roast... washed the dog beds...made a meat loaf.. and now taking a break.. have to get things done before I leave... so DH can just sit back and take it easy...

Yeppers Beth did a great job and the more you use this forum the easier it gets...

Again.. Thanks Beth.. My fingers are gasping LOL

See ya all in the morning... I need a break ...

Cedar... having hubby pick up them peaches.. and of course you know why .....

God Bless

Barbzeee....and Crew
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Sunseeker » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:03 pm

Cedar, how do you go directly to the posts you haven't read yet?
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:47 pm

To get to the new posts,....
1. Go to Board Index (in the lighter shaded blue banner at top)
2. Then choose a thread that has the red icon to the left of the title,... (indicating new posts)
3. Before you click on the thread you will notice a tiny little beige icon with a downward arrow,... float your cursor over that and it will say the earlierst new post,... click on that and ..... you are THERE!

hope that helps!
Cedar518

Postby Bethers » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:15 pm

Cedar,

You might become our resident guru - you're finding all the little goodies :)

I notice you put a heart in the name of your thread, too. As with all new things, there is a learning curve, but I do think this forum is fairly easy to use for the novice, and has some fun bells and whistles for those more experienced.

You can also get to the new posts you haven't read directly from the General Index room - you have three choices there - to view unanswered posts, view unread posts, view active topics - but they will show all of the threads in the categories, no matter what the room they are in. Then you can skip down like you explained to see the first new to you post in a thread. It is neat.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Mtntophoundz » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:19 pm

Wow you ladies are on top of it. I was just trying to figure out how to get my Avatar and its not working. Its saying my pic is too big. Oh well, the more I play the more fun I have. Thanks Bethers! All though Scotty is rolling his eyes at me for having so much fun on the computer....he ain't a computer guy. lol

Hugs~
Mollie
A hubby, 2 skin kids,
Fur-sons Shane & Rascal
It is in the woods we return to reason and faith..... ~Emerson
Mtntophoundz

Postby avalen » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:27 pm

I love it, and I'm figuring things out as I go. I already figured out be careful when I
hit submit not to accidentally hit save, cause that screwed me up. :lol:
Probably this weekend I'll add a pic to my signature but I am just so tickled with
all this.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Redetotry » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:15 pm

I like it too!! Thanks so much Bethers for all the work you are doing...and everyone else who is pitching in to help make this our new home away from home!!!

Redetotry
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Echo » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:37 pm

This is most awesome!!! To see so many friends here does the heart sooooooo much good!
Sooner or later I guess we will play around and figure out how to put a sig and maybe a picture on a post! LOL
I am gonna look forward to the weekend when I will have more time to play.
Tried to read the new posts but I didn't get thru them all. I am heading off to bed a little early tonight. I'm pooped out.

Echo
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Return to General Talk