Ok ! It's Friday Morning......

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Ok ! It's Friday Morning......

Postby Barbzeee » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:54 am

Ok! It's Friday Morning and all is well...well maybe and maybe not...the weather is to be a scorcher...and the family is coming..aaaaaah yes, I have my cousins that are coming in to visit...did I tell ya I'm a bed and breakfast :) LOL You know the good thing is everyone that comes has the routine down pat.. They take care of themselves...I enjoy them all as each one of them is a trip in itself back to Italy...still have the very old customs and traditions.. like you all take a trip down memory lane, well mine never ends. Each one brings a bag of goodies and it has a story with it..ya just gotta enjoy it..DH is use to it cause when his parents were alive, their house was very simular...in the fact his Mother had 10 brothers and sisters and always because they had the farm everyone would come by and visit...So this too him is not a shocker..only a culture shocker..Some speak English, some speak broken English and some speak their own English blend..every few words you may get ...aaah but like I said, you live in the moment and you enjoy ...gets a little crowded sometimes..but now you know why I retreat to Florida......now that's my Utopia ....speaking of which...what's going on in our Forum world....

Bethers...got her mug shot up .. with her Eyes done..we're not taking hair now folks..just them there eyes ! Looks good Beth...you mean you have to go back again for a retouch...mmmmmm when I got my tattoo..it was on and that was it..but guess eyelids are different..ooooooooh let me see again..you got top lids and bottom rims....ouch..that had to pinch !!!!

Hey Ms B Haven..(Margie)..my dear friend good to see you post and say Hello to us all..You know I love your name and why ...on of my favorite Lhasa's and I named her after that Show Tune too..she fit it to a "T"...and by the way..you is my kind of woman too... I mean, when I could I was color me gone...DH didn't like to go ...and being fair about it too..he always couldn't...but he liked to be home and with family than travel...Me.. my motor never stopped ! Glad you are here...and good to hear "Annie " is doing well..after her little venture .
'
SunshineCruiser (Carolyn) Alright girl.. You stepped it up a notch or two..!!! yes ma'am...I love that Grey Goose..and by the way Grey Goose is our choice of Vodka too LOL...yeah that looks neat and I bet really comfy too..oooooh who is that I see in that basket LOL..what a cutie..uh oh..

Fernie..you are telling on all those girls..LOL you mean they are sneaking in...uh oh sure hope the boss ain't around be tuff trying to explain us !!! and by the way Fernie...when you heading back to TN...I know you must have Hitch Itch big time ...:)

RetiredHappy (Karen) put up directions to Sewing Dinette covers...Hey Karen..any one tell ya I'm not a sewer.. I'm good and fold and tuck LOL but I'm sure the sewers on here will greatly appreciate it... ok..who makes the ice cover...????

OliveOil..(OO) I have to say this, "Every post you make, you is in a hurry"... I have these visions of you with them Ruby Reds and a Laptop strapped to your side as you are whirling through...Goodness...you need to slow down..put the brakes on Woman...I get exhausted reading your posts....Wanna cup of coffee...????? LOL OO.. there is no other like you ! Look out Missouri...it's in for a blast :)

OH my Asirmiraco (Anne)..she done did it in the food saver...I have to say I can relate big time..it's a sight to see and not again LOL... yes, these soft objects don't re inflate ...LOL I watched the video to mine..and still did the wacky thing...but love watching the marshmallows LOL... good one Anne...

Paulette posted an Excellent speech by Pulitzer Prize-winning author Anna Quindlen... I have to tell you it is without a doubt right on the money...and a good title ..Reality Check....it's what I live by...and took me years to figure it out...Please do read that column..perhaps print it out, and frame it !

Bethers posted regarding a "Rally" in Albuquerque - 2009.... those are neat..although I've never been to a big one..as with me because of my critters..but I went to a small gathering in ME..and of course did the L L Bean shopping..who can resist that when you are right there...but this sounds like it's a big one..and for those that will be in that area..Why not all book in together.. you'd have a GTG of your own too...all check it out...

Ok, and checking things out..it's that time again Gals...I'm ready to set my table put out some goodies and although we have a few MIA's at the moment..I'll have their place ready for when they get back....for the rest of you...come sit a spell and let's hear the news ....Click my cups off to you all ! I know Echo, it's time you get a few days rest...when can ya do that get away ??? ok..your big mug is ready..we need to get you all fixed up...Kelly well she's still in the rem stage LOL

May your Adventures be Great Ones and your Journey be Safe too !

God Bless

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Re: Ok ! It's Friday Morning......

Postby Echo » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:48 am

Raising my mug at ya'll. Ahhhhhh, dang that's good!
Went to bed at 9:30 last night, I was wore out. Yesterday at work was rough, last day of the month to get a payment in. The big bosses were on rampages, the supervisors were all pumped up in a tizzy and they all rode us agents all day. Gads!!! At 5:30 when that alarm went off? Groan!!! I am gonna try so hard this weekend to actually sleep in....? I can just about bet how well that's gonna work out!I'll probably be up before the crack of dawn. :roll:

At 5pm, what is suppose to be our regular quitting time the sup's came around and asked people to stay over for at least an hour. Yeah ok, I can do that. One woman was going home. Had all her stuff packed up and she had already timed out on her time clock, they are built in on every work-station computer. One of the supervisors for our dept caught her as she was going out the door and told her she couldn't leave. Told her it was mandatory to work until 6pm, that if she left she was going to get a deviation. WHAT?! Wow you talk about upset and downright furious. She came back to the computer and logged back in. Pulled up her time on the computer time clock and the sup had already timed her back in. Boy was that woman pissed. Asked me if I had been told it was mandatory to stay. Told her no, that I was asked if Kelly and I could stay. She said she had a nephew home for a few days from the Navy and wanted to spend some time with him last night. Whew, she ended up so mad she sat there crying. Told her that if it were me, I would freaking leave. Said that she was making a couple of phone calls today and that Monday she is putting out her resume to a few places to try and get a new job. It's a shame in one way. She is a few years older than I am, she's been there for 4yrs, a really good agent who can work every dept of collections and gets the payments too. She usually doesn't have a problem working any of the overtime they want, ask for or require. But yesterday was a kicker. Any payment we got after 5pm yesterday did not help our July stats. So I fail to understand what the big deal was about wanting so many of us to stay after. Never understood why a company when they have an employee like this woman, will do them dirt or treat them like crap. Why do that and risk losing a very good employee??? You would not believe the high turn over in employees this place has. Every week there is a huge training class, sometimes more than one. Very few stay. Went we went thru training I think there were 38 people in our class. There are 4 of us left working there. Really says something about a company when that happens 'all' the time. ~sigh~

Oh goodness there went Kelly's alarm! And here I sit swilling coffee in my one-size-fits-all nitie. LOL The only reason that this thing actually does fit is that it's sewed together like a Kaftan, so it's huge and I love it!!!

Ok gals it's time I got my butt in gear and dressed. YUCK! I don't wanna do this. Why couldn't I be rich? Oh well.

Have a great day and be safe in everything you do....
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:12 am

Good Morning, all....and surprise!! I'm here before noon!!!
Today is bill paying day...YucK!! and I'm trying to do everything but that....lol....
Echo, I feel for the lady at your work....been there, done that.....the stress of being a telemarketer is one of the worst in the world.....worked for 2 different companies and was so glad when I found something else to do......they are the equal to the "sweat shops" of the early 1900s.....

The 4-legged grandkid comes to stay with us today while the kids and the grandkids go to the "shore" for a week's vacation.....he's the puppy I told you all about...lol......this should be fun......

Well, this isn't getting the bills paid and I want more coffee, please, Barb.....

Hope everyone had a great day!!!

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby oliveoil » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:52 am

GOOD MORNING----GOOD MORNING ----GOOD MORNING--------
Echo------- some times you can't be beautiful & rich------BOTH!!!!!! ;)

Oh---- Barb-------if I slow down--- I'll probably stop!!!!!!!!!!!
If I ever stop-- I'm afraid I'll never get going again!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :D

Well I bet ya can't guess what I'm doing today?????????? :shock:
You are correct more sorting & packing!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Next week at this time we should be in Branson (or still on the road to Branson) with the
u-haul-getting ready for the closing of the new home! (Or I sure hope so) (God willing & the creek don't rise)!!

I haven't seen Beth's picture yet-------or read any other posts yet this morning------

I worked until midnight last night-----then took my shower & went to bed----I didn't get up with Hubby this morning-------I slept in!
In about a month Hubby will be retiring for the company he works for----so he can get ready for the two auctions-----& get us moved!!!!!

Well----- I'm doing juice----- no coffee for me------- I'm wired tight enough thank you!!!!! :lol: :lol: I sure hope I can find something to eat through-------I have been doing my whole food shake------but it is gross with out a banana or something in it- & it is about all I can choke down-----guess I could run into the little local grocery store & see if Nancy has a banana to put in my morning whole food shake---drink my juice take my vitamins-----& get rolling!!

Going to be a HOT one in Kansas today----------I'm off--------- have a great one-----later OO
oliveoil

Postby avalen » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:16 am

ahhhh, good morning, its so nice to be here early. A whole 5 days off and we start
back to work for the regular school year. AND, I'm tickled to be able to turn on my
computer with just one push of the button and have it boot up by itself (I had to
help it boot before) only taking 5 minutes compared to 20.
Well its gonna be a hot one again today but pretty soon the temps will start coming
down and each day will be just a few degrees less hot. Haven't really decided what I
want to do for this last weekend, really can't afford to do anything even though gas
has come down a little, its still a bite in my pocketbook.
My best friend is supposed to pull in today from their summer trip so I do expect
to hear from her. They have been gone all summer, since memorial day.
I guess its time to get dressed and get busy with routine chores, refill the cup and
have some toast.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:23 am

Good Morning all ya'll. On 2nd cup of coffee and my eyes are finally open. Keep checking the Texas GTG thread hoping to see more signed up. Come on ladies, November in Texas - what more could you want. I've got a little surprise gift for everyone who comes but you have to come to find out what it is.

Just got my August work schedule and am not scheduled after 8/11 Hee Haw!!!!! I'm so ready to leave even tho I am enjoying the low humidity. The Wyoming state fair is scheduled that last week and I haven't decided whether to go or not. The choice of things to do at the fair are a tractor pull, demolition derby or pig wrestling. None of those things are exactly my cup of tea altho I'm sure they're fun. I might go just to get an Indian taco on fry bread. My major weakness.

Am talking to Beth about caravaning in April to the GS Rally in Albaquerque, NM. I LOVE New Mexico and never seem to get tired of visiting there. Love her eyeliner - not sure if I could stand someone working on my eyes but sure would love to do my eyebrows. The older I get - the lighter they get. In the mornings it looks like I don't have any at all. Had a friend in Calif who had her's done but they were BLACK and she looked surprised all the time. Scared me out of having them done. Maybe I'll revisit the issue.

Well, the dogs are at the door, prancing so had better go do my duty.

All of you have a great day.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:11 am

Morning, ladies!
Been a while since I've been at Barbzeee's table. I was wide awake at 2 AM (PST) and had my coffee then. I figured I wasn't going to be able to go back to sleep anyway and coffee sounded good. And it was! I then watched some shows I had recorded.
I went yesterday to buy a bicycle. We have a new bike shop in town and some of my neighbors have bought bikes and I like the one my one neighbor lady got. I call it a Pee Wee Herman bike. You remember that movie? Very funny. It has the fat tires and they are white walls! Anyway, I test rode a bike like hers but felt better on one called Townie. The owner only had two to choose from; a pea green pearl color one and a light blue solid. Neither tripped my trigger so I asked him to order me a pink one. AFter I got home I changed my mind and asked him to change it to the champagne pearl. I then went out to mow the backyard. Later I saw he left a mssg. and said the champagne color was back ordered for months out so he went ahead and ordered the pink but said I was under no obligation to buy it. So we'll see. It suppose to be in by next Wed.
Going to a birthday bbq tomorrow night. Our county fair starts today so I'll probably check that out this weekend, too.
Have a great day!
AlmostThere

Postby Sunseeker » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:40 am

Morning ladies! I have my cup in hand even though some of you have been up for hours and have already gone on with your day.

Last night was the SURPRISE retirement party I gave Tommy. I'll post pics on the general thread. It was so last minute that I worried how it would all come together, but our friends all helped and it was fantastic. It was the first time he'd ever had a party in his honor!

Starting today, I'm in cleaning and packing mode. We leave next week for a month on the road so lots to do. Every time I go out to the motorhome, my furkids run out there, too. They love to go and are afraid I'll forget to take them. They will be happy campers when we hit the highway!

Have a wonderful Friday and make some good weekend plans. I'm off to read all the new posts and download some pictures to share. Thanks for the cuppa, Barb!
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby khenrie » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:08 am

Good morning! Don't know if I'll ever catch up from having missed ONE DAY! Perhaps I'll take some time over the weekend to read up on all your doings ;-)

Have a great day all!
Choose to be happy!

Kimberly
Wife to Randy, mom and grandma
1999 Four Winds Chateau 31'
Photos from our 2011 Travels http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1935970031534.2115989.1010845598&l=5be7ea1322
khenrie

Postby SeeyaGal » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:50 pm

Good Morning! On my 2nd cup of coffee and lazily sitting in my recliner looking at the gloomy wet morning. Weather is suppose to clear up by the afternoon and then we are going to have a sunny weekend.
Blue Angels will be doing their practice fly over's today over Lake Washington, this is Hydro race weekend a tradition for the Pacific Northwest. Will be interesting who wins the race and who goes airborne!

My Mom is showing some of her gourds this weekend at the Thurston fair so I'll post some photo's, she's sending me home with a bunch of them for my Southwestern collection...can't wait to see which ones I get! Man she is talented!!

Have a great weekend, I'm going to have fun with my Best friend Nancy on Sunday .
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Getupngo » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:31 pm

Good Friday ... uh, afternoon! Actually, this is my Monday, so I've been doing errands this a.m. ... I had to stow everything and take my rig over to refill the propane. I know the rest of you will groan because I've had to keep my furnace on in the evenings and mornings. It's been downright chilly at night this summer ... and cool during the days, too. It's good when I have to move the rig 'cuz I have to get the dishes done & put away ... clear off the kitchen table & by and large CLEAN the place.

This was a good week ... it rained Tuesday so I got a "rain day" off ... and then yesterday it rained again and I WAS at work. I'm surprised how many people will RENT a moped when it's starting to sprinkle ... and how many will stay out after the sprinkles turn to down-right rain! Made for a slower-paced week ... I'm glad.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby SeeyaGal » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:16 am

Janice are you on a 30 or 50 amp hookup? I'm surprised you are not using a little space heater instead of the propane so much. We have the "Cube" and it works great when we are on a 30 amp. We fixed our coach to have a 30 amp and 20 amp go together so we can use our 2nd air compressor when only on a 30 amp that also has the 20 amp on the power post.
I ache with the chilly weather!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby carold » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:05 pm

I try and use my little electric heater whenever I'm hooked up in cold weather. I would rather use "their" power than my propane since I'm paying for it and It doesn't seem as dry. That way I don't have to fill my propane as often either. We only have 30 amps or we would do what Jenny does. My DH thinks's that is pretty smart Jenny. It's not often my DH gives compliments on ingenuity. :D carold
carold

Return to Morning Coffee