More Snow!!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: More Snow!!

Postby Carolinagal » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:14 pm

After looking at where Sparkle is and then looking outside, I'm with you. I am thinking this is my last year, where I am going to be cold and its a job to get out somewhere. Cleaning off the car is not fun to me!!! You're farther north then I am, so I really feel for you, Spring will come!!

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby Mollysmom » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:35 pm

I always hated February when I lived in snow country !! By now, I was so sick of the snow and ice !!! It's such a chore to get anywhere !! Spring will come - don't believe the groundhog !! Groundhogs are not trustworthy - they lie all the time :D
Good luck
Mollysmom

Postby bluepinecones » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:50 pm

Maybe we should fire the groundhog just in case.
Luck, We missed out again today on accumulation but had snow/rain mix all morning with another shot at it tomorrow. I've had enough of the cold for sure and have been trying to remember to be thankful I was not in KY this time.
Two more days of teens level cold temps then a spring like weekend in forecast! YEA!!! Think some of that warm air is also coming your way; meantime snuggle close and stay warm.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby AlmostThere » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:55 pm

We finally got a break in the weather here in SW Washington. It was in the mid 50s!! Started out in the 20s and at first I didn't want to go out but saw a neighbor lady raking her front yard so I bundled up and stepped out into my back yard. Wow! I was pleasantly surprised and got my rake out, too. I had lots of boughs from the pine trees everywhere from the heavy snows last month. It looks much nicer now and I'm happy that's one chore done!
AlmostThere

Postby avalen » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:04 am

I don't believe the groundhog for one minute, I saw rabbits out chasing each other
around playing their little loovvvve games :lol:
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:03 am

We do not have any snow, but I HATE the cold! :evil: I am so ready to be warm again. Hope the snow lets up for you all soon. C'mon Springtime!!
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby Sparkle » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:09 am

Hey, don't think I've got it so easy here. Why just this morning I had to sweep a whole heap of sand out of my rig! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sparkle

Postby Bethers » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:32 am

See, there is a reason she has the hand in front of her face - she does not want to be recognized after comments like that :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:58 am

Yep,.... Sparkle's got her hand in front of her face to deflect all the stuff those of us in snow country are throwing at her for that sand comment! Sparkle, you bad!

Seriously, I don't blame you for being where you are Sparkle, I'd be there too if I could. Have a great time and enjoy every minute. You deserve it.
Cedar518

Postby Sparkle » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:52 pm

Ouch! That was one cold snowball. Who threw that? :o
Sparkle

Postby Bethers » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:14 pm

Not me - gonna stick to the sand myself :P
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby sharon » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:11 pm

5 lashes with a wet noodle, Sparkle! Shame on you. 86 here today, think I'll go out for a little putt on the Harley. :twisted:
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:52 pm

One of our local weathermen wasn't too happy a rodent was trying to do his job. He said it might make a good gumbo. :mrgreen:

It is 67 here but very windy. Suppose to be in the 70's this weekend. I feel for the ones having to deal with the snow and ice.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Nasoosie » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:16 pm

No new snow here, and it's +18 F. out there....very comfortable. I was going to go snowshoeing with Molly again, but she has hurt one of her hind legs, so we are resting it today. I thought she was not acting quite right last night when she wouldn't get up on my bed with me, but got into a lower chair instead. I hate it when she is hurting. I just called the vet to see if I can pick up some pain meds for her after school tomorrow. I still have a couple left over from last year when she got hurt, too, but probably will need more.

Sparkle, that snowball came from here! I confess! Snow is just RIGHT for making some nice shapely balls right now!

Happy sweeping!!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby soisew » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:18 pm

Just 2 inches! Our last snowfall was a foot and in the pasture quite a bit is still hanging around. Its no biggie! We love snow. I'd rather have our winter here with the dry air than the damp air back east. I can't stand heat so I love the cold. I hope your weather gets to where you can tolerate it. To each his own....
soisew

Next

Return to General Talk