Tow Vehicle

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Tow Vehicle

Postby Liz » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:50 pm

Who says you need a truck?

Book recommendation: "to Alaska on a Tractor" by Glen & Betty Martin

The 66 year-old Martins drove this 1950 John Deere tractor w/TT from Ohio to AK and back in 1998 on a mission trip, and they share their experiences of this unusual mode of traveling in their book.

Beth, you can move this to the book section if that's where it needs to be, but thought all would enjoy the picture.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Re: Tow Vehicle

Postby sharon » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:21 pm

Wouldn't be my first choice mode of travel, but at least you'd be going slow enough that you wouldn't miss anything! :lol:
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby mtngal » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:00 pm

I love it! And this one too.......

http://www.wagonteamster.com/html/where_s_bob.html
Diana
mtngal

Postby avalen » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:17 pm

:lol:
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Sparkle » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:33 pm

and to think I almost didn't read this thread because I know nothing about tow vehicles. As Barbzee would say,,I would have missed a gooder! :lol:
Sparkle

Postby oregontocal » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:17 pm

I wonder what kind of gas mileage they got?
oregontocal

Postby Carolinagal » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:06 pm

No problem having a conversation with the locals traveling like that, probably had a lot of eyeballs bulging :lol: Their book should be great reading !!
They sure had a trip to remember, thats for sure, thanks for posting Liz, I liked seeing this.

Also liked the travels that Diana posted, lots to read and very interesting there too. Glad his horses are big, because that wood house has to be heavy!!! I'd love to see it.

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby Echo » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:39 am

Ok, had all the intentions in the world on posting to a couple things last night. But I got side tracked on a detour. AND it's all Liz's and Diana's fault!!!

Liz posted this about "Tow Vehicle" and of course I just had to see what it was about. Liz?? Tow vehicle? What the heck is Liz posting about a tow vehicle for? Dang I thought she was gonna be towing something with her Pleasure Way! :lol: Loved the pic!!! Nothing like taking your time enjoying the sites!!! Will have plenty of time to get a good look-see and take pics that way!!!

Now Diana is the real problem here!! She posted that link for the "wagonteamster" and that did it for me. I ended up reading that thing right up until I went to bed. And I got nothing done at all. Sheesh

And now I have it bookmarked so I can go back and finish reading and of course keep up with his travels. I just know that I will have to get back into the links and read about the other cross country wagon masters too. Oh jeeze!!!

Ought to be a law about broadsiding someone with a link like that!!!! :lol:
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:53 am

geeesh,.... I've driven a farm tractor and I can tell you it's no picnic. Bumpy ride. No way would i take it anywhere except around the hay field! ACK!
Cedar518

Postby mtngal » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:29 am

Well there went my resolution to cut back at Amazon books! At least I made it through January. Let me know by pm anyone who wants to read this after me and I will mail it on to you. :)
Diana
mtngal

Postby soisew » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Now, that's my kind of transportation. I love tractors! They are so much fun to drive. We have 9 trackers on the place, 4 John Deeres, 1 Ford, 2 Allis-chalmers, & 2 Minneapolis-Molins. None of them are newer than 1959 and are a real kick to use. My grandad bought the Allis-Chalmers so I think it's a 1948. I love the big 820 John Deere, the Allis-Chalmers and the little Ford. Around here we have an annual Tractor Drive where the local guys get together and caravan all over the county roads for a day. They are not kept as toys, are all working and used for farming operations, road maintenance, wood cutting, snow moving, raking, and baling hay. A cousin owns of the Minnies. Ok enough about tractors. Call me a hick if you want to but it will only be considered an extreme compliment!
soisew

Postby Nasoosie » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:29 pm

I get so excited to read your posts about loving what you are doing in your life! It's wonderful to know there are people out there having a good time living, in spite of its being a tough, demanding life. I would LOVE a chance to see what your life is like some day.

The only time I get to drive a tractor is to haul a brush hog around our acres to mow down whatever always tries to grow back, year after year! And, I will have to say, even though it's just a small John Deere model tractor, I LOVE to see the results of my mowing/cutting!

So much fun to read your posts!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Return to General Talk