Wednesday, Midweek point and uh hum Morning !

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Wednesday, Midweek point and uh hum Morning !

Postby Barbzeee » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:53 am

Wednesday Midweek point and uh hum Morning..! Now I know you'll think she's lost it..(and I probably have) but I couldn't find a picture I wanted to put into that scene..So..why not put yourselves in it...Aaah..you got it.. Think Vacation..but for some of us "All year round" and ifn' ya happen to be having some bad weather..just open up this column, come take a seat and relax and enjoy...Oh my stars, did I just do a commercial ...wooo hooo.. :mrgreen:

Have been watching Dolly and keeping Beth in my prayers.. I learned a few things in them high winds and heavy down pours.. I lowered my jacks and pulled in my slides..cause I felt like I was gonna lift off..and when those winds would whirl talk about rockin.. So Beth..tighten up that hatch.. I'm glued to the weather station... Let's all keep Beth in high priority and any of you all that are in that path.. God Bless

SunshineCruiser (Carolyn) looking for info on Toads.. some good info.. I tow 4 wheels down and I tow a minivan that's not towable.. I had a Remco Pump put on the car and hooks into the Rig also.. and I've not had any problems but I do keep an eye out on that panel box with them lights.. I also use the Blue Ox system and Brake Buddy..plus use Tire Pro.. and by the time I'm done.. I'm done LOL but it all works and that's what counts... I had read all about this system and finally I called the company which is in Ohio.. and they went through all the in's and out's and I then arranged my RV dealer who has installed many to put her on.. Now, the Saturn people don't recommend it.. but, they have (in Florida) and do take care of cars that come in with it installed.. Hope that gives you a little more input.. and I'm sure the gals will have lots more..

Where's Sparkle.. I think If I recall is that she didn't have internet access where she was.. and when she goes into town she then connects... well Sparkle.. you hibernating.. or are you having to work so hard watching all those interesting tourists ?????? LOL We'd love to hear from ya... just even a "Hi" would be nice of ya :)

Ava... Mixed Emotions.. tuff one dear.. you know I read and re read your column..and yep.. a "Hug" is most definitely needed.. I know as the Sisters read.. you'll get lots more... just don't let your emotions of how things in the past were block out the reality of What you really want ....you have a dream Ava don't let anything spoil it....but we care...!!

Carolinagal... Ok...where ya at.. I'm still anxious to see you check in with us.. and let us know all is ok.. and about where you are .. soooooooo ... we have the look out cam waiting ...and a chair vacant ...

Aaaah.. I see Snowball ( Sheila) has come to see us.. Howdy ..so good to have you .. like ole home week Gal.. and see when ya do that Intro...we all light up... I have a nice big table and she's growing... plenty of goodies to go along with ...and speaking of which... notice..

The recipe collections are slowly coming back.. I'm adding a few a day and if any of you that had a special one that disappeared let me know and I'll put it right up ... and in saying that... I need to get that coffee ... I mean.. I'm a goner with out it... guess you might say I'm addicted... oh oh.. one more thing before I pop off.. Did any of you watch Amercia's Got Talent (another one of them favorite shows) well I mean to tell you the last part where that Woman sand an Arthea Franklin song.. oh lord help us she was good ! You know when you hear where they come from and how bad things were and you see their talent.. Gosh I come to tears.. and if I was filthy rich I'd give them lots.. to start a beginning cause you know with that kind of talent, honey they are gonna make it....

Ok, I've rambled and I know my Sisters are waiting to be served... come one come all.. I've got some good biscotti, some biscuits too and oooooooh always always good company...Echo, I'm waiting ... yeah, I hear ya.. Kelly she's still in rem sleep LOL and RV Granny (Lori) I so thrilled you enjoy my words of wisdom...sometimes they surprise even me !! LOL

May your Adventures be Great Ones.. and your Journey Be Safe Too !!

God Bless
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Re: Wednesday, Midweek point and uh hum Morning !

Postby Echo » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:02 am

Oh no it's morning. Did someone mention sleep??? The heck with Kelly. Mom wants to go back to sleep. It was hard work to drag my butt out of bed.
Sitting here this morning talking to David. Went knocking on his and GF's door at 5:45 to get her up for work. Dang they was already gone! He came back home with big ol' cinnamon buns, yum. Kelly has taken her shower but now she's doing the rest of her morning thing brushing her teeth and etc. She had best hurry up I need to get in there!
Rained pretty good last night. The drop in temp and the wind sure did feel good. Stood out on the porch for awhile enjoying it. Then had to put up the umbrella to stay dry.
Ok, got to finish getting ready for work. Catch ya'll later. Enjoy that coffee and have a great day.
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:20 am

I'm here! Of course i'm still bleary eyed and in my robe,... but I'm here! If it doesn't stop raining in the northeast we'll all have moss growing all over everything. We get a couple hours of sun and then it's two more days of rain.

Thinking of Bethers,... and hoping you are safe my friend! I've checked the map of TX coast in my atlas,.. and see that you are pretty close to where they are predicting landfall. I hope by now you might be driving north away from it.

Thanks for the a.m. wake up call Barbzeee,... we all rely on you for that sweet aroma of coffee drifting under our noses! :lol: ;)
Cedar518

Postby Mtntophoundz » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:25 am

Good Morning! Man, I didn't want to get up today. Its gloomy and cool outside, but its supposed to clear and warm up before its all over. I didn't get anything done again yesterday! We had storms yesterday afternoon and the power kept going off. Finally when I thought it was going to stay on I jumped up and started dinner. 20 minutes later it goes off again! So I move supper to the camper....good idea right. Well, after trying forever to get the oven to light, I ask Scotty for help. The first thing he asked me was if I turned the propane on! :roll: Ummm NO! Well, if I don't get up from here and get my butt in gear now I won't do it again today. Have a wonderful day all!!!
Mollie
A hubby, 2 skin kids,
Fur-sons Shane & Rascal
It is in the woods we return to reason and faith..... ~Emerson
Mtntophoundz

Postby SeeyaGal » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:27 am

Morning already and I haven't gone to bed yet! :o :roll: Yep you guessed it either I had caffeine or sugar.....sugar in the sorbet I had last night! :shock:

Heading to my BF's for dinner tonight so it marks #1 of 5 dinners I do not have to cook this week 8-)
Gotta go to town this week and find a Barnes & Noble to get my GD a gift certificate for her 16th birthday....gosh it seems like yesterday I was holding her just after she was born! I'm getting old lol :geek: but I'm a cool granny 8-)
Enjoy the day gals I sure will....aaaaah! :D
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby oliveoil » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:46 am

Good Morning---- good Morning----Good Morning--------
Been thinking & sending up a prayer for Beth & all the others in the storm path------
It is HOT already this morning------ & the AC is already running!!!!!!!

Well I'm still sorting & packing & I got a lot accomplished yesterday!!
Today is more of the same------& unloading the PU of the load we got this week end & then had the truck towed & fixed & I have not unloaded it yet- that has to happen today!!!!!!!

Then tomorrow morning you won't hear from me or for about three or maybe four mornings--as we are off to sign all the contracts on the new home in Branson, Mo. ---- look at buying a storage shed-----& about 6 million other things while we are down there------ as the next trip will be with a moving van full------------

Did I tell you all how thrilled I'm going to be when all this sorting & packing & moving & TWO auctions prep work & ALL the auctions are over & we are moved & settled???????????

Praise God we are doing it while Hubby & I are able to do it together & make the decisions together----& get the work done together---------this would be totally unbearable to do ALL of it alone!!!! It is overwhelming with the two of us at times------ let alone if one of us was facing it by our selves!!!!!! It will be so great to have it all done & live with out so much responsibility as we have for ever!!!!!!!!!

Well have a great rest of the week & week end------ & stay safe everyone!!!!!!!!!
I'm clicking my ruby shoes & off I go------------- :roll:
oliveoil

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:32 am

"It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring....." No he isn't.....He's doing his morning walk.....lol..
Good Morning, All....
Watching Fox News for updates on the Hurricane....Beth is still north of the "Eye", but probably will get some of the rain and wind.....Hope she checks in soon....I so want to hear how she made out during the night.....

It's been raining since about 1:30-2AM........Hard enough to wake me up!!! Ernie's isn't mowing lawns today......lol......so he's hanging out here....that's okay, I'm going shopping with friends today.....

Well, better go get dressed and get some breakfast around for the guys here.....BYW....Buddy's back for another 3 weeks....he and his Dad are planning things to do.....lol...

Talk with you all later....

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby mtngal » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:48 am

Good morning from central Texas, it's still hot here and everyone hoping for some rain clouds spinning off from Dolly. (Hang in there Beth!) Today I'm shopping for a summer dress to wear to a friend's daughter's fifteenth birthday, it's not a full blown quincenera but family will be in their best. Wish me luck with the dreaded shopping! Diana
Diana
mtngal

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:25 am

Oh Barb, I love the pix and I feel like walking in there and starting a vacation. I've missed the artwork. Soooo glad it's back. Thanks for the tips on toads. Every little bit of information helps.

We have not gotten one drop of rain in Nashville and we need it badly. It's been so hot, humid and dry; oh I know, humid & dry don't seem to go together but you know what I mean. Haven't had my Diet Pepsi yet, no coffee for me but I'm sittin' at the table.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:39 am

P.S. to Zeee,..... I've now had 2 of those apple turnovers from your recipe,.... geeeesh girl, I'm never going to lose any more weight if I keep making your yummmies!
:roll:
Cedar518

Postby Sunseeker » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:57 am

Also still in my pj's but I made it here this morning. Still no rain here in Northwest Louisiana, even though it was predicted since noon yesterday. We are melting here 'neath all this sun and humidity.

Keeping an eye on the weather channel here as well and sending up lots of prayers for Beth and Peaches.

I think I might put the old crock pot to work today with the pepperoncini beef Zeee posted yesterday. Tommy is such a love about eating my experiments. There isn't much that man won't eat, except liver. If he REALLY likes something he praises me for days, but he always says thanks after everything...think it was his Georgia upbringing... and I find it pretty endearing.

I'm with you about the shopping, mtngal, I really hate to shop. My Mom thinks I was switched at birth, cuz she's a shopaholic and doesn't understand me. I get in, get what I need and get the heck out! :)

Well, I've got a cup of java in hand and my recap fix, so let me get on with the readings for today. Thanks for all these updates this morning and you gals all have a super hump day!
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:08 am

Okay, did a post and it disappeared into the ether. Will try again.

Good morning ladies. Stumbled out of bed and right to the computer to check on Beth. No word - um worrisome!

Hi Sheila, glad you made it over to join us.

We're all having Sparkle withdrawal. We're all waiting for her to get into town and hook up her computer.

We've got 5 reservations so far for the November GTG. Some of the gals are working on sharing a cabin. We have 5 more spaces left on the loop we've reserved for us - so come on down ladies. Gonna work on a couple of things this morning for our GTG.

Am going to stay OFF the computer today and get something done. This forum is addictive.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:15 am

Just checking in with the morning group. I've been up a couple hours, but getting Peaches out for a walk in a lull was more important than posting - sorry ladies LOL - and I posted to the hurricane post first.

Right now we've got a downpour going on - with some lightening and thunder - will be happening pretty much like this all day today and tomorrow - with the lulls - like the one earlier, where I was so glad to be able to get a good walk in with Peaches - we both needed that!

Now, I'm sitting here eating a sugarfree chocolate pudding for breakfast LOL - what can I say - lock me up and I just look for chocolate or sweets.

Zee, if the winds were predicted much higher than they are - would bring the slide in - but so far, I think I'm okay with it out. Of course, it's only a button, and if necessary, it'll come in in a flash :)

As I posted in the other thread, I'll be in touch one way or another. Since I'm stuck inside most of the day, will probably be on and off the forum all day - but if we do lose power or internet, I'll be sure to keep in touch with at least one forum sis to let you all know what's up.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby pattyk » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:16 am

Well, I've joined the coffee clatch. We had quite a thunderstorm here in SLC last night. There was a thunderstorm watch until 9 pm. The storm didn't start until about 11 pm.

They showed " The Long Long Trailer" last night at the campground. So I had lots of laughs.

Beth so far seems to be okay except for the mosquitoes. Hopefully, they will not get the tornadoes.

Well, I'm moving on today so I had better get dressed and do my thing.
Patty & Sammie, too
pattyk

Postby Sunseeker » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:24 am

Be safe, Patty and all others travelling today.

Hoping all of you in stormy weather get through it with the power still on and the roof in one piece! Check in with us from time to time.
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Next

Return to Morning Coffee