Asian Buffet Dinner in Corpus Christi

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Asian Buffet Dinner in Corpus Christi

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:24 pm

Well, now it looks like this is going to become a weekly thing with us that are wintering here in the Corpus Christi area.... ;) VTChris is in town this week, so Beth suggested we all get together for supper....I also wanted to introduce Donna (Nikkismom on the forum) to some of the gang.....Well, since we had such good reasons to go eat again, we met at the Asian Buffet here in Corpus Christi.....Sparkle drove over the bridge bring Beth, VtChris, and their "singles forum" friend, Bob, with them....and we, of course, brought Donna and Mike with us....
Chris took a photo looking towards me, so you get the whole table....
Then we had Ernie take one of the 5 of us....
l to r: Beth, Lori, Chris, Jean, Donna
We had lots of good food and good conversation....It was nice meeting VTChris and Bob....Donna and Mike really enjoyed meet the crew, too....
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Re: Asian Buffet Dinner in Corpus Christi

Postby Bethers » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:33 pm

Aren't we a good looking bunch!

Lori didn't tell you - I did good. I think everyone liked my choice of restaurants - have been being told I need to go there for months - so finally made it and brought all of them along.

Lori did mention the most important part - just the fact that we all were able to get together. I sure enjoyed meeting Donna and Mike - I hope Donna starts joining us in conversation here - and I look forward to seeing them both again over the course of the winter. Yes, over food works :) Or drink - or some combination thereof.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:37 am

Looks like a fun time...so glad that you were all able to get together
love chinese food!! well most any food to be honest
sheila
snowball

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:42 am

Hey, I gotta tell you, I sure do hang out with a great looking bunch of folks! thanks for the pic, I like the smiles all around!
Cedar518

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:13 am

What a good looking group. Wish I was there!!!!
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby carold » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:33 am

Looks like you were having a great time. Seems we meet either for food or drinks as well as the comradeship :lol: Those buffets sure are popular. Here in Sarasota, everyone goes to the Oriental Buffet-haven't tried it yet. carold
carold

Postby Liz » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:47 am

You all look healthy, happy, and relaxed....sure says something about the RVing lifestyle, doesn't it? Enjoy your visits, I'm envious.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Carolinagal » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:37 pm

You all look like you're having just too much fun. Add me to the envy list :lol: I'm so glad you all have this opportunity and thanks so much for the pics. nice to meet new people, if just through pics. Beth , you and Sparkle are just doing too many fun things, line dancing, I'd like to try that, bingo, I love it. Way to go, enjoy for all of us stuck at home for now. Just keep us informed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby Nasoosie » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:59 pm

What great pictures, you all! Makes me so jealous! Sure does look as if you had a great time together! Thanks for sharing your dinner/fun with all of us via the pictures! I also appreciate the names at the bottom, so I know who is who!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Bethers » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:32 pm

Just an aside - no one noticed at dinner that I was wearing my flamingo necklace and earrings - me, the not big on flamingos lady :) The asst mgr here made them - I bought them early in the summer, and pretend they are the roseate spoonbills, lol But when around my forum sisters, I think of them as flamingos.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:34 pm

Flamingos? flamingos? I need close up. :lol:
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby avalen » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:46 pm

put me on that jealous list too, so glad you all had a great time and I really enjoy
the pictures and the names to go with so I can keep all those faces straight.
Someday I'll be there, ooh, I think I'll ad that to my signature, it will remind me
I have something to look forward to :D
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:57 pm

Okay....went to the photos to check out the ear-rings and necklace in hopes I could enlarge them enough to see Beth's flamingos....but alast....it was too blurry....so I'll be more observant next time..... ;)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Acadianmom » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:22 pm

Chris and I were neighbors at the RVW Ramblin Roses Rally near Conroe this past weekend. So glad I got to meet her. There were 66 members, 5 guests and 41 rigs and it was a fun rally.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Bethers » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:41 pm

Now, Martha, you were so close and I didn't get to meet you? Dang - and where are you now? You could still come down. Lori and Ernie are here for a couple more months - Sparkle till Feb, now Chris just signed on at a park in Rockport for a couple months - c'mon down.

LOL Lori - I meant to wear these at the gtg in Kerrville and never remembered - I think I'm calling this sometimers now :)
Beth
Bethers

Next

Return to General Talk