Embarrassing mystery beeping

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Embarrassing mystery beeping

Postby Redetotry » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:39 pm

Am I glad I don't have to cook today! I was up off and on all night with the Fire Department. Our carbon monoxide detector started beeping like it does when the battery is low, we changed the battery, it still beeped, bought a new unit and it beeped!! So...I called the fire dept and asked if it sounded like a problem. They sent a guy right over with their detector and all was ok. Said call if it went off again, it did twice more, last time he brought us a different monitor and said call if that one went off. Well that was 1:30Am, beeping woke me at 5:00 I called and he said disconnect it. He said he believed his monitor, couldn't imagine why the beeping. An hour after disconnecting I heard the beep again. Talk about being embarrassed, there is a smoke detector in the hall above where the carbon detector was, it has never beeped, in fact I thought it was left from the last owner and didn't function but that was the beeping sound we had been hearing.
The fireman came by this morning to check on us & I was in the shower, since DH was gone I hurried to get out, didn't want him to think were not ok. So there I was dripping in my robe explaining the mystery. Oh what an embarrassing situation, he was very nice though but I bet the whole station is laughing and shaking their heads now.
I am baking a crisp to take to my brothers so I'd best get in gear. Hope everyone has a good day.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Re: Embarrassing mystery beeping

Postby Mollysmom » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:25 pm

HA !!!!
That's a great story - it sounds like something I'd do :D
Thanks for telling on yourself !
Glad you're OK.
Mollysmom

Postby avalen » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:30 pm

yep, totally embarrassing beeping
glad it was you and not me :lol:
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:19 pm

Sounds like something that would happen to me. While I was driving from Wyoming I heard this "beeping". Trying to drive and look around to see where it was coming from. Found a place to pull over and beeping stopped. Next day same thing. Next day parked and having coffee and off goes the beeping. Turns out to be the $^&()&^alarm in built-in radio over the cab. Have pushed every button on the radio and can't get the blasted thing to quit beeping only now with being off daylight savings time, its beeps an hour earlier at 10:30am every day.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Nasoosie » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:14 am

So glad you found the source of the beeping!

As for those dang radios that are also alarm clocks, if I mess with the buttons without my glasses on, I invariably turn on the alarm! When all else failed, the first time I tried to stop the thing, I resorted to the radio operator's manual! I HATE to do that!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Getupngo » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:28 am

Thanks for telling on yourself with this great story. It's the kind of thing I would (and have) do(ne)!
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Return to General Talk