Lordy I'm gonna faint!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Lordy I'm gonna faint!

Postby SeeyaGal » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:32 am

We had planned to go to a 80th birthday party for a friend on Sunday and I guess plans kept changing from Sat to Sunday and now things have changed again and again and DH dropped the bomb today that WE are hosting the party now! I asked how many were coming? :? DH said....25!!! Augh!!!!!! :o :o :shock: . Told everyone bring your own chairs! Thank God I have two buffet tables, a small picnic table with benches and another small folding table! Also have the dining room table and 4 chairs but I do not take them outside.....where's my patio when I need it!!!! Gonna shoot that man! :evil: :lol:
All the couples coming all have Alfa Seeya's or Alfa Gold motorhomes.....Carol you might know some so will try to get a group photo of us.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Re: Lordy I'm gonna faint!

Postby avalen » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:21 am

OMG, TODAY!!!?????????? Step away from the gun cabinet sistah, we don't want to
do any gtg in the county jail :lol:
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby carold » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:24 am

Jenny, have you twisted your ankle yet and told Dan he was in charge? :twisted: :lol: carold
carold

Postby Echo » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:33 am

Ok Sargent Jenny draft his butt and make him snap too. Don't ya just love how men do that to ya and then get those dumb innocent looks on their faces when ya freak out? Like "What'd I do now?" grrrrrr

Your up for it Jenny, we have no doubt of that. :D
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Gentleladybear » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:18 am

Go ahead do something drastic to him, we will all join you in jail yelling "now wasn't that a lot of fun"!!!! But seriously I would put him to work 24/7 until this get accomplished. Make him remember every hour of it so it won't be so hard to remember not to do this to you again!!!
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby Bethers » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:50 pm

Woooo boy - don't expect to see you again before tonight :) Don't sweat it and have fun.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:05 pm

:o :o Remember to breathe, Jenny,... breathe!!! :o
Cedar518

Postby Getupngo » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:52 pm

Hey, just have them circle up those rigs and you'll have plenty of seating! :lol:

I'm hoping it's NEXT Sunday for this GTG.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:32 pm

OOOOOOO, Jenny, Dan's "oh s...t" list just went up by at least 10 points.... :roll: Yep, put him to work ;) :lol:
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Carolinagal » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:40 pm

Jenny,if it was today, clobber Dan good. If its next sunday, I know you will come through and everything will be prefect. I could hear the wheels moving in your head as I read your distress in the post. Hope its next Sunday. I liked Dan and don't think he will look to great with a huge knot on his head :lol: :lol:

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby ohlucy05 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:00 pm

I will bet after reading your posts all these years, that it will be great...wonderful....awesome and everyone will have a great time. You have that spirit. The other thing that I hope you do that I often forget when I do parties and dinners like this is to enjoy myself. Your friend is 80 years old and will be happy with all that you are doing. By the way, I love your casita, it is awesome and I loved watching the pictures as it was built.

My advice is make sure that Dan knows he owes you big but enjoy and have fun...Life is too short for anything else. By the way - I have been married 31 years so I love those life's little surprises but they always get repaid in full.

Ohlucy (a b in my future ...just haven't found it) and Dennis and the harley.
ohlucy05

Postby carold » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:07 pm

Jenny, are you alive and well yet???? :roll: carold
carold

Postby SeeyaGal » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:40 am

Well gals I survived the day! I did put Dan to work because I was busy trying to make a salad and I had everything tidy the night before. There were 24 of us so 12 were women and they all marched in with food galore and even the plates and silverware ( chinet & plastic...only way to go!) We really did have a good time out in the back where it is shady but Dan and I have just got to work on the back yard. Our friend David slipped in the gravel and went down and scrapped up his leg...and he hadn't had a drink yet! So we were trying to block the areas where the loose gravel was and yelling at people not to walk there. Back yard coming out of the house really is a hazard!! Wish the contractor did not do that so now we have no choice, we have to do that first so our friends don't get hurt!!
One of the guys was trying to convince me to extend the arches to the back yard and have a more stucco Pergola....then the guys started talking about how to improve the front gates and Charlie and Steve started kidding me that they can power the gates off the motorhome slide"Clobber motor" ....Men! Hey I'll feed them if they can all work on the back yard!
Anyway Tom had a great birthday and lordy did he get alot of booze for his birthday and a HUGE jar of Pretzels!!! Funny how we all have the same kind of motorhomes and become good friends. Most of us are the "Roadrunners", with the Full-timeing chapter of the Alfas.
Tom got a T-shirt that says " Hunky" and Dori his wife got one saying " Hunkys Dori"...hunkey dori....lol They are in their 80's and just a hoot!!

Everyone did everything so I really didn't have to sweat it.....Yea! :lol: They even made sure they took out the garbage! I need to get one of those fold down garbage bags, it's round and I think from Camping world, they sure come in handy with a crowd and the trash.

After we said goodbye to everyone and shut the gates Dan said " well that went real good for 24 people and we all had a good time" I almost said " Don't ever do that to me again!!"

Bill & Diane arrive tomorrow ( Mon) and I WILL have 8 people here for Thanksgiving and this time I AM doing all the cooking!! Casita looks cute all jazzed up for Thanksgiving. Still wish I could find my Mum flowers in the shed.....lordy it's packed!! I'm trying to organize the craft/Holiday stuff from the yard sale stuff. I'll probably have a yard sale in Dec and not wait till later.
Because it is warm here it is like a mild Summer (80's) so everyone comes out of the woodwork to find a bargain at the crack of dawn. I missed getting a outdoor table & chairs and chase lounge by 30 min. Lady said the sale was at 7:30 A.M. and it sold at 7:00!!

If you post a yard sale in the newspaper people will come by your house at night with flashlights to try and see what you have or the crack of dawn!! When I had my sale in March my neighbor and I had one and guys showed up at Marilyns house at 6 A.M.!!! I kept my stuff covered and did not put out my huge yard sale flag till I was good and ready and had a cup of coffee at 7:30 !!

Turkey comes out of the freezer tomorrow and start thawing in the frig and start cooking early on Thursday. Wed I cook up the Dream potatoes and sweet potatos and rolls, that way I just have to warm them up only less mess in both kitchens.

Now if I was smarter I would have kept my mouth shut and could have gone out to mintry lake with the Boomers for Thanksgiving and had to only bring a side dish.....next year :lol:

Anyway had a good day...hooray! I was fussing for nothing but will warn Dan to not pull that trick again!!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby snowball » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:50 am

glad it went well for you and that you had a lot of fun!!
take care
sheila
snowball

Postby Nasoosie » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:14 am

Sounds as if a great time was had by all! So glad so many people helped out.

Do you have any pictures of your casita on this site anywhere? Sure would like to see it!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Next

Return to General Talk