Great American Smoke Out

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Great American Smoke Out

Postby Liz » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:40 am

Today is Great American Smoke Out Day. It would be a very happy day for me if any of you would take up the challenge today and quit. I love you too much to have you lose even one day of your rving adventures due to smoking related illnesses. :cry: Having watched close family members try to quit, and suffer from those illnesses, I know how difficult it is, but even if you've tried before without success...try again, ok? As Echo said this morning, we are all strong women...we can do anything we put our minds to, especially with God's help.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Re: Great American Smoke Out

Postby Mollysmom » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:23 am

Good reminder Liz
I quit smoking a little more then a year ago using Chantix - it was a great solution for me and for several of my co-workers. If you've tried "everything" and can't quit, talk to your doctor about Chantix, it might be a solution for you too !!
That said - I loved smoking and would go back to it in a second if I could do so without any impact to my health.
Good luck to anyone trying to quit smoking - it's tough and you'll do it when you're ready to.
Mollysmom

Postby Getupngo » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:23 am

God bless and hold up all the smokers who try to quit today, yesterday and tomorrow. I grew up with smokers and lost my parents too soon ... too soon. I am grateful that I have never picked up a cigarette ... addiction is a terrible thing.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby Cedar518 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:05 pm

Yes, Liz,... I'm with you on this. I watched my mother die a sad death because of a lifetime of smoking. Sisters, if anyone is still smoking,... think about it. Today is your day,... and we're cheering you on.
Cedar518

Postby SeeyaGal » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:28 pm

I quit right before I met DH in 1991, wish my kids would quit! I can't be around smoker's anymore, wasn't till I quit that I realized I'm allergic to smoke and once I quit ,my eyes stopped swelling up and my sore throat gone and headaches too.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Bethers » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:54 pm

I quit in 1989 - can't believe it's been 19 years. I smoked for 22 years and no, it wasn't easy- but I'm really glad I did it.

If you can quit - today or tomorrow or next week or next month or next year - you'll be doing yourself a favor. But if you can't - I'll still love ya - just will be afraid that I'll lose you sooner than I'd like.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to General Talk