Tucumari, NM

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Tucumari, NM

Postby asirimarco » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:58 am

He is waiting for me to get going so I'll just try to load a few pictures from NewMexico
This is one of three streets around a school where the kids can draw on the asphalt-
Some of the murals
My favorite
old 66 cafe
if we get internet tonight will post a couple more
take care
asirimarco

Re: Tucumari, NM

Postby Sparkle » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:39 am

My favorite is the last one. That old worn out sign with a brand new Color TV sign. What a contrast. Good eye for the odd stuff.
Sparkle

Postby Redetotry » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:49 am

My favorite is the last one also, wow you guys are really moving on down the road! How do you find time to stop and go so far, your DH must have the petal way down. Thanks for taking us along carol.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby oregontocal » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:56 am

Gee, I'll be going through there, also, so will be able to see these things in person. Thank you for the pictures. You're really covering a lot of ground!
oregontocal

Postby Liz » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:06 am

I enjoyed the murals. I love to go through little towns that have depicted their heritage on their buildings.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby SeeyaGal » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:26 am

Loved the murals too and I think I actually saw a horse in the mural with the cowboy wondering where his horse was. My mind was thinking of a horse tail dipped in paint and swishing against the canvas to design that mural.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Bethers » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:41 am

Loved all the pics - thanks for taking them and sharing them.

All you great people with cameras make me feel guilty about how few pics I actually take. I've got to get better about that!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Carolinagal » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:44 am

What an interesting trip you are having, thanks for taking us along with your photos. Great job, think you have a lot of us adding those areas to our list. I think you are seeing things we might not if we rode those same roads. Stay safe and keep the photos coming.

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby Sparkle » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:54 am

When I had a husband - ah, I remember those days - if he was like most men he was destination oriented. Point A to Point B and no side trips! I finally got him to see the joys of the unexpected, but now I can zoom on down side roads whenever I feel like it.
Sparkle

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:30 pm

I really love the murals too. But that last one of the sad old motel sign,... what a commentary on our society since the interstate system came into being. now traffic whizzes by on the interstates and little motels are gone to weeds. Great shots carol!
Cedar518

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:15 pm

Love old, funky little towns. That's a lot why I take the back roads.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby carold » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:52 pm

Thanks for sharing. My DH loves to take pictures of graffiti. carold
carold

Postby Bethers » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:30 pm

Being from a big city where graffiti is a negative, I find it impossible to call this graffiti - cuz it's certainly art. Is there a specific name for this with a positive connotation? If so, I've never heard it.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to General Talk