Never, never take 89A

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Never, never take 89A

Postby Mollysmom » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:55 am

Do NOT take anything other then a small car to Jerome !!! I don't think I could take my big truck on that road - it's a screamer !!!
Jerome is a cool little town though - almost worth the trip :D The do get tons of snow up there so Sparkle, if you do plan a trip to Jerome, check the weather first !
Enjoy !!!
Mollysmom

Postby mtngal » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:48 am

Oh we have a road like that near my home in CA. It's called the "old grade" as opposed to the the "new" grade that is the main road and was built in 1954. Sometimes a gps will send an rv up or down. Both are equally scary! If it's a really big rig, the road will be closed while the CHP helps them get out of trouble. Thanks for the warning about 89A!
Diana
mtngal

Postby SeeyaGal » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:08 pm

Last time I was in Jerome there was a sign posted " No RV's beyond this area" or something like that. Aussiegirl didn't see the sign when she went there!! :o :shock:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Nasoosie » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:02 pm

NEVER, NEVER, take any Route named 89A!!!

Thanks, Sparkle...I am taking notes in case I EVER get free enough to take to the road!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Carolinagal » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:55 pm

Glad you're safe Sparkle. I am going to mark my Arizona map. I'll mark 89A in red for danger in my r.v. I have been on some bad roads, but this one, think I will pass, Thanks for sharing the info. I am really glad, you made it down ok.

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby Bethers » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:13 pm

I don't remember exactly where I was - but wanted to visit a little town on the way to the one I was also visiting one day - so took the route to do so. About 10 miles before the little town, there was a detour for ALL trucks and RV's - and it even said cars without 4 wheel drive might not want to take the road. Needless to say, I didn't see the little town on the way to the other (I think maybe Silver City?) town.

I'm also making note that I best be careful and avoid 89A.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Previous

Return to General Talk