She's Here!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

She's Here!

Postby SeeyaGal » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:00 pm

She's Here! Aussiechick AKA Gill and her hubby Bob have arrived safe and sound at the Purrfect~Retreat. Luckily they boondocked close by ( I'll let Gill tell you where she boondocked !! :lol: ) so they did not have to drive far. Winds kicked up after a glorious Sunrise and blew pretty hard all day long into the evening. By 1P.M. you could not see the Gila Mountains from all the dust in the air.

Gill & Bob have a new dog they adopted that appeared to be abandoned when they were camped somewhere 40 miles from a town and Bob thought he heard a car door shut in the middle of the night and the next day there was a mutt on their doorstop. "Lucky Dog" is REALLY a lucky dog because they fell in love with him and he is the sweetest dog.

I'll post photo's tomorrow, could not get any tonight due to all the high winds.

Cooked them dinner and talked all evening and then called it a night early....we're getting old! :lol:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Re: She's Here!

Postby Bethers » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:04 am

How neat! Do you think you can twist her arm a tad and get her to start posting again? Would love to have her here with us - been way too long!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby SeeyaGal » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:52 am

Yes Gill wants to post so will get her on here as long as we can get her computer to do Java. If not she can use my other computer to chat with ya'll. You gals would love her she cracks me up with her Aussie slang!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Shirlv » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:33 pm

oops! I posted Aussiechick a welcome and called her Jill. Sooorrryy
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Postby SeeyaGal » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:07 am

She's Jill but spelled Gill, so now we have two Jill's ;)
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Postby SeeyaGal » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:34 pm

Jenny & Gill in Algodones Mexico

Jenny, Gill, Bob & Dan in Mexico having lunch and listening to music, we had such a great afternoon together! We just love being around Gill & Bob

Lucky Dog, Lucky Dog is very smart and just loved all my attention but the cats were not amused they could not wander all around the yard because Lucky Dog would peek around the corner :o

Sunrise over the Gila Mountains

Sunset in the West

We loved the visit from Gill & Bob, it is always a pleasure to have them come stay with us. They have moved over to the campground by the border for their Dentist visits but we are close by so will still see them often.
We have been told to NOT forget the Pegs & Jokers game if we go to visit them. So far the guys have been winning the most games...gurr :evil:
Thanks again for the wonderful pancake breakfast Bob made and Gill's wonderful Leg of Lamb dinner! It is so fun sharing meals together. I made my tater tot cassarole and Spaghetti too.
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Postby Bethers » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:39 pm

I'm so glad you had such a good time together - as I knew you would - I remember your last visit. I hope I get the chance to meet all of you - together or separately - one of these days. You're on my list - my list no longer includes just places, but, of course, lots of the great women from this forum.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Liz » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:25 pm

Beautiful sunrise/sunset pictures, Jenny. Looks like you all were having a great time...even Lucky dog!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:38 pm

Jenny & Gill.....we want to "Party" with you gals and guys..... ;) Looks like you all are having a grand time.....Enjoy!!!!
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby carold » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:44 am

Don't tell me you're sharing that marguerita :o and we're counting on you gals to even up that score-of course, we give the guys some wins we keep their ego together :lol: :lol: and they are so much easier to manuever. carold
carold

Postby SeeyaGal » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:56 pm

No that is Gills Margarita....but she did let me have a couple sips :D I was drinking a Beer but I made some good Margaritas when we got home :lol: Yep Gill and I have had fun together, this is our 3rd time together and not the last! You just know when you have a friend you always want to be around and that is Gill & Bob. Yeah the guys were crowing like roosters winning the card game!! :evil: LOL

Can't be too mad though, Dan put together my buffet cupboard last night and it looks good in the casita. Now I just hope the kitchen cart comes soon...it's on back order :(
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Postby oliveoil » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:46 pm

Beautiful pictures--------- the sunset was awesome!!!!!!!
oliveoil

Postby Sparkle » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:12 pm

Looks like fun! That must be the same wind we have here. I'm going to get seasick with the TT rocking. Gwen had to get up in the middle of the night to rescue her chairs, and take in the windchimes which were bonging instead of tinkling.
Sparkle

Postby Nasoosie » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:02 pm

I just can't believe what GREAT pictures you all post on this site.....I LOVE to see them! I hope I get to be half as good at posting pics as most of you ladies are.

Thanks for sharing these great photos!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby SeeyaGal » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 pm

I ran outside in my bathrobe to get the Sunrise photo to the giggles of my next door neighbor because she knows I am not an early riser! :lol: My Mom did not understand why I wanted to live in the desert till she saw our sunsets and then thought they were awesome!!
I'm a die hard shutterbug so I am bound and determined to get a good shot with the camera. I'm trying to teach Dan how to use it so I can get in the photo once in awhile! :roll: :lol:
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Next

Return to General Talk