Rvgrammy & the Sultan safe at NAS Corpus Christi

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Rvgrammy & the Sultan safe at NAS Corpus Christi

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:34 pm

We got an early start this morning....7AM.... :roll: and had an uneventful drive to Corpus Christi....got here about Noon.....Donna & Mike had us a good site for $11/day...E/W....so will be using the Blue Boy....but we have a shelter so that makes up for it....full hookups have just that.....no trees or shelter...after a longer than usual parking and unhooking....had to get the door just right so that it would open next to the shelter...we unhooked until March.... ;) Donna & I got caught up since we left their place in Sept......and the guys went to the store and the military club here....Jill, tell Tommy the club is closer than the Legion... :lol:
Here's so photos...
Home Sweet Home
Part of the Great View Here...
Donna smiling from her camper....

Okay, well was up at 4:30am today and am ready to hit the hay...
Have a good night all.....and safe travels for my sisters in Kerrville..
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Re: Rvgrammy & the Sultan safe at NAS Corpus Christi

Postby Nasoosie » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:04 am

WOW! I am so impressed with that site, and what a wonderful price! I absolutely LOVE the fact that there is that huge sheltered area. How far do you have to haul the 'Blue Boy'....(I assume the sewer on wheels?) What does NAS stand for? I need to find out where you are, as I am really impressed with your pictures you sent. I may some day want to head for a place like that, IF I can ever afford to retire. Are there any public showers or toilets anywhere? Is there a website I can go to see where you are?

Thanks so much for sending those great pics. Hope you have a wonderful winter in that beautiful spot! Do they allow pets (dogs) there? I can't get over the price and how nice it is!

Keep the pics coming in!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Sunseeker » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:31 am

Lori, I'm glad your trip south was un-eventful. We certainly missed you and the Sultan at our good-bye potluck last night. Tommy and I spent a laid-back day as some of the girls went hiking and a couple just relaxed. We checked out the H.E.B. store in town...a giant supermarket...and were quite impressed. Vivian said she knows of one that is much larger than this one! Later, Tommy and I took the dogs on a long walk and I made up my casserole for the potluck. In the late afternoon the two of us went for aniother walk and Tommy showed me the Legion. (He said tell Ernie he's on his way if the club is that close). Tonight they are having a benefit dinner there and we are thinking of rounding up any of the sisters that are interested and heading over.

Soos, I think NAS is Naval Air Station. Lori and Ernie frequently camp in Retired military campgrounds where the rates are much better than RV parks.

This will be our last night in Schreiner. Tomorrow we will head to Guadelupe RV park and spend 2 nights there. We have a site near Karen's and it will be nice to spend just a little bit longer with her, Vivian and Carol, (Karen's other friend). Molly has an appointment on Monday with Karen's vet to get her staples out.

Well, better get in gear, I'm still in my jammies and trying to stay warm.
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:10 am

You got it right, Jill.....NAS is for Naval Air Station......and yes, since Ernie's retired US Army, we do most of our camping while on the road at Military Campgrounds.....they are for Active Duty military and retired military and DOD folks..Soos....One of those benifits Ernie earned for 24 years of service........

Speaking of the NAS....you should have seen us getting in the gate here.....the barriers looked impossible, but the gate guard guided us thru and we made it just fine......they then stopped us for the ID check and vehicle sticker check.....but finding the CG was easy......Ernie's a happy camper now that we are settled... ;) Lots of places for him to do his walking.....

Okay, got to get the butt in gear.....take care all....
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2008 Toyota Tundra
rvgrammy1953

Postby Bethers » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:40 am

Oh, what a great shelter area! I can understand why Ernie took his time to get positioned exactly so for it. I'm glad you had a good trip down and are settled in - and now get to start seeing the area.

Jill, you could always come see me for a couple days on the way south :) Seriously, if you want to, let me know - as I do get a discount for friends who come during the week (not sure about weekends this time of year).
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:52 am

Wow Lori I really like having that shelter next to the camper. Good for you two! Enjoy your winter,.... I'll shovel enough snow for all three of us! heee hee....

I probably won't go that far west when i snowbird, I'm aiming for the Gulf Shores area of AL,... or maybe the panhandle of FL. I do have friends in the GS area of AL. But then that's in the future so who knows,...
Cedar518

Postby Liz » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:59 am

Glad that you made it there safe and sound, Lori. And, wow, what a beautiful spot you have to spend the winter! It's so nice you have friends there with you too.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby avalen » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:25 am

Holy moly, what a sturdy looking shelter and such a great price makes it worth
using the blue boy, how far will you have to haul it?
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:28 pm

The dump station isn't far....and we had to do the same thing last year in Georgia, so no biggy....and yes, we like our shelter.....makes it nice in the morning for breakfast and coffee outside, even with a little rain.....and the 4 of us here tend to sit and chat at ours or theirs.....Donna & I took a nice walk this morning....we think we'll make a daily thing out of it.....
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2008 Toyota Tundra
rvgrammy1953

Postby Getupngo » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:57 pm

Looks like a great place ... but all I can think of is that poor little tree in that one picture ... the wind must blow like crazy there!
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby mtngal » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:11 pm

Hi Laurie, glad to see that you are all settled in for a long *warm* winter!
Diana
mtngal

Return to General Talk