Janice on ice ... again!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Janice on ice ... again!

Postby Getupngo » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:10 pm

Holy flyin' Janice. Yep, I'm lyin' here with my knees on ice ... again. After I distributed TWO packets of campaign door-hangers today and was ready to go home ... I dropped in at a night-before-the-election-rally, and ran into my host. She asked if I'd go with her to help distribute a third before dark.

I was exhausted, but said yes, and once again I missed a step, went airborne, and landed ON MY KNEES on concrete. YEEEooowwww! :shock: And I tore the knees out of my favorite new blue jeans.

Yep. Ice. Again. This is my second time hurting my knees just since being in Montrose. No wonder my knees are toast. Tomorrow will be another full day of work before the polls close. Let's see if I can stay on my feet!
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Re: Janice on ice ... again!

Postby Sparkle » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:27 pm

Is that praying the hard way?
Sparkle

Postby Mollysmom » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:53 pm

OUCH !!!! Take care of yourself - big day tomorrow !!!
Mollysmom

Postby Getupngo » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:52 am

Sparkle wrote:Is that praying the hard way?

Maybe you're right. God could be forcing me onto my knees. :roll: Maybe I should take the hint.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby Nasoosie » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:41 am

OUCH!

Sure hope you are feeling a bit better today, although I'll bet your poor knees are a black and blue mess.

Be careful out there today!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:11 am

Oh my! I have a great pair of rubber knee pads for gardening,... wanna borrow? :o Seriously, I'm so sorry to hear that you got hurt,... do be careful today,... and keep the ice going,...
Cedar518

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:44 am

Oh, Janice....I feel for ya'.....did almost the same thing last year.....wasn't watching where I was going....yep, down on the knees...Oweeeee......the kicker was that all I had for the scrapes were "kiddie" band-aids...Spiderman no less.. :lol: and lot of ice for a day or 2....Hope you heal fast.... ;)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby oliveoil » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:38 am

Janice--------- so sorry to hear that---------- I totally understand--------- when we were preparing for our auctions-----I was closing an over head door in our warehouse---- & fell on my knees--------- & I pushed my self for weeks & weeks still working & walking on concrete & since the auctions are over with----& I have had a chance to live some what normal again----I have had time to notice that I don't have much feeling in one of my knees yet---------it is still numb & numb all around my knee------- & the nerve ending in the rest of my leg --are different than before-----------my knee never turned black & blue----but it swelled & still does this many weeks later!!!!!!!! Be careful--------- & take care of your self!!!!!!
oliveoil

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:21 am

Okay Janice, we're going to outfit you in knee pads, elbow pads and a helmet. Take care of yourself.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby carold » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:02 am

Oops Janice. Sorry to hear about another fall. Maybe knee pads of varying color and print so you can be coordinated?? :D Hope you heal fast. carold
carold

Postby Bethers » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:53 pm

Oh, no - not another fall. Sure hope those knees held up today for you! And now, with the election over, please, take good care of them - and if necessary, see a doc. Don't want you hurting.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Echo » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:40 am

Hey Janice!

Hope the knees are doing a little bit better? Now that the election is over maybe you can slow down a tiny bit to let them rest and heal up.
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Barbzeee » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:17 am

Janice.... by the looks of it...all your hard work paid off for Colorado.... :) Hey but ya know ...you don't need to be doing numbers on them knees....mine hurt just reading it ! Take care and please wear knee pads from now on ..(good thought)...

God Bless

Zeee
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby asirimarco » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:36 am

Take care of those knees girl - and once you hurt them doesn't it seem that you keep bumping them. Bought some stuff for my hubby for his knee - fell on the step of the motorhome - any way he says it is great called "Stopain" and is a pain relief spray got it in WalMat - he says it really works good and quick. Uses it on his hands too.
asirimarco

Return to General Talk