OH NO SNOW

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

OH NO SNOW

Postby Echo » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:58 pm

Good grief it snow fluffied today. In northeast TN, it snow fluffied in October. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I can't believe how much the temp dropped between 5am and 7:15am. Nice on the back porch when I first went out to take the dogs out. But dang near freezing when we left for work. People at work were saying that there were snow flurries in Kingsport this morning. I was shocked and while I was busy being shocked it started sleeting. Now that were home we've been out back and there are snow flurries flitting and floating around out there!!!

Hmmm? I wonder if we're in for a good one this winter???? Them geese flying over back in September knew something for sure.

Good thing I didn't get rid of my winter booties, I just might still need them.

Was gonna go back to the campfire to get toasty but I think I'll go crawl into bed and be cozy. I'll throw another blanket on and snuggie.

Night all, sleep tight.
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Re: OH NO SNOW

Postby Sparkle » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:33 pm

I've heard that it's going to be a really bad winter this year. You wouldn't know it from the temps at Kaibab right now. We have had bitter freezes, two snowfalls, 65 MPH winds and now its gorgeous and we had out air conditioners on today. I just hope it stays this way until I leave on Friday.
Sparkle

Postby Echo » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:26 am

Good grief! Well that doesn't surprise me to much considering where your at. We all know that it can get down right cool at night out there. And I imagine that place almost has it's own weather system being that close to the canyon.

But you be careful out there. No more snow sliding with the truck and RV. Save that for the snowmobiles and sleds. ;)

I know that here it just kinda went from A/C's to furnaces in one to two days. I'm scratching my head wondering where the heck Indian Summer went???
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:00 am

The day dawned dark and dreary here,... the sky looks heavy and grey. Oh yes,... I think those clouds have snow in them. I'm not looking forward to this but guess i don't have any way to escape it.

oh well,... high school basketball season will start soon and that will help my mood. My granddaughter moves up to junior varsity this year. going to her games will improve my mood for sure,.. even with the snow.
Cedar518

Return to General Talk