Neat Experience Yesterday

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Neat Experience Yesterday

Postby asirimarco » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:55 am

Spent yesterday visiting with a couple from Canada who have a 5th wheel. Have never met them before and he e-mailed me that they were in Brown County and would like to get together. They had read my web site about driving to South America then started reading my blog and came here because of that. Spent all day visiting and eating. Bill cooked.
But it did seem strange to just meet someone who knew so much about us.
I gave her the URL to this forum but she isn't a real computer bug- but this might get her interested.
Very, very nice people. On their way to Arizona for the winter. So maybe we'll meet up with them again when we head west.
Funny because I was going through one of those not so bright and chirppy times and was thinking of not writing the blog any more. Now I'm hot to trot with it again. Have made several new on-line friends through it though.
As I said a really neat experience.
asirimarco

Re: Neat Experience Yesterday

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:02 am

How nice, Carol! It's always a boost to the spirits when we meet someone from "out there".... I love my new friends I've met through online forums and blogs. It's really added to my life. I'm so glad you aren't going to give up your blog.
Cedar518

Postby Bethers » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:25 pm

Carol, that's really so neat. And I bet you'll like keeping up with the blog more again after you get out travelling again. Now, I say that - and have a blog - but never write to it - have told myself I would - but just don't do it. Funny, cuz I love to write and do so here, and on other forums, etc - but never could keep myself going on a blog or a personal website. Maybe one day :) I'm thinking I'll do so on the Alaska trip - at least save my pics to it. Hmmmmmm - we shall see.

And, yes, it's so great to meet the friends you make through online. I can't wait for the TX GTG - to see friends I've already met previously and to meet some new ones - I just love doing this. And yep, I sometimes also go through stages where I want to be all alone - have to convince myself that those stages aren't allowed when it's gtg time :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:37 pm

how neat! I'm also glad to hear your going to keep up on your blog cause
I've been cruising through it from time to time and find it interesting.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Return to General Talk