Another Surprise

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Another Surprise

Postby asirimarco » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:22 am

JUst checked the e-mail from my web site and had a real surprise.
About two years ago I had 5 surgeries in a row while living in Las Vegas. The first was to fix and small common problem. It almost killed me and made the little problem much worse. The second didn't fix the problem and created another problem. The third tried to fix the problem but the fix didn't work. The fourth (third different doctor) fixed all problems but discovered a new problem from third surgery. The fifth fixed the problem from the third - so I was done. Any way there were several doctors involved in 5th and final surgery (18 days after our son's death). I only met this doctor once in the hospital the day after the surgery. Well here in my email was a note from her wondering how I was doing after as she called it "my medical journal laprioscopic (sp?)surgery." Says she thinks about it a lot. And hopes I'm fine. Floored me that she even remembered me. Nice gesture on her part.
been a surprising few days.
asirimarco

Re: Another Surprise

Postby dpf » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:41 am

That was really thoughtful of her. Because of the conveyor belt tactics of many health care facilities these days few doctors have the time to make personal followups. Our youngest son was a preemie and every year he has received a birthday card from his neonatologist. This year he wrote "You're 21! I think you're going to make it!" :lol:
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby avalen » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:58 am

that was nice of her to think of you
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:33 am

Wow,...how nice, and really, how unusual! I like all my doctors and they seem to do a great job keeping me going,..but I never get emails,.... that's a special doctor you had, for sure!
Cedar518

Postby Bethers » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:29 pm

What a great surprise. Goes to show there are some caring doctors out there. I had one that didn't have an ounce of bedside manner once - but was great at what he did, so I was ok with it. But it's so nice to have both - and to hear like that out of the blue - that's really neat.

How did she know about your website?
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby asirimarco » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:15 am

Right after the surgery Bill met her and gave her one of our cards that had the web address on it. She says shes had all this time and finally emailed us.
asirimarco

Postby Sparkle » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:46 pm

My, they did put you through the wringer, didn't they. I hope all is well now. There are some good docs out there. I only go once a year, but when I go in my Doc always asks, before he inquires how I am, "Where have you been in your travels." I have a feeling he envies me.
Sparkle

Postby Sparkle » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:47 pm

I should have said, envies us! Have you noticed the look of longing in some peoples faces when they find out what we are doing?
Sparkle

Postby Getupngo » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:12 am

How nice to be remembered ... and condolences on the loss of your son. Sounds like that was a real rough time in your life ... I'm glad your doctor not only was able to finally resolve your problem(s) but remembered you as well.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Return to General Talk