Halloween Time

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Halloween Time

Postby Bethers » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:50 pm

No problem - and it's so cute - would hope he'd be happy that you're sharing it - specially since you included his name and copyright.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby SeeyaGal » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:51 pm

Ok not sure who did this one only a last name
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Fernie » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:50 am

Cedar, your ghost reminds me of one halloween many years ago when I was married and had to come up with an outfit for a church halloween party. I took a piece of cardboard and cut a big circle then a smaller one big enough for my step-daughter's head to fit through. Then I took a sheet and cut a hole big enough for her head and draped the sheet over the cardboard which rested on her shouldersthe pinned the sheet snug around her neck. She had no shape so no one could guess who she was. Had an old man mask she wore, It turned out to be a cute, inexpensive ghost! That was the year we had just purchased an 8 cubic foot freezer and I covered it with newspaper and cut out halloween stuff out of construction paper, made me eyes, nose and mouth on one side of the box and went as a halloween box. It took them forever to figure out who I was. They were doing the "knock once if you want a hot dog, twice if you want hot chocolate etc. They finally figured Jenny and I out by the process of elimination. I had my brother's van which no one knew and some friends who lived close drove the van to the party and left the van and Jenny and I-----after they helped me out of the van . LOL . It was a hoot.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog..
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away...
Fernie

Postby Irene » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:51 pm

:lol: Wow !! very nice.. Halloween thing's. well if you live in good old East Tennessee then you know how Beautiful the fall color's are,this is my favorite time of the year, I wish I knew how to post photo's I would share. Just thought I would add my two sense :D
Irene

Postby Liz » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:39 pm

You DO have fun with Halloween, Jenny! I saw some pretty fall decorations as I drove south, but my favorite was the town that must have had a contest for hay-bale decorations. Every business in town had those huge round hay bales stacked, painted and arranged in shapes of animals, fall scenes, etc. (Sorry...didn't get any pictures)
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby oregontocal » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:03 pm

As much as I love this little MH, sometimes I get frustrated at the lack of wall space. So, tonight after trying in vain to find a spot for one of my favorite wallhangings, finally found the perfect spot. I don't use the TV for anything except watching DVDs, so this makes it a little more decorative. When movie time rolls around, all I need to do is just remove a couple of pieces of tape. (Yes, I made it)

We're having a potluck at church tomorrow morning--"Scary Food." I found all kinds of wonderful ideas online, but most of them take too many ingredients and way too much time. So, I bought a box of brownie mix, some marshmallow cream, and a can of cherry pie filling. Mixed up the brownies, plopped little globs of marshmallow cream on top, and slid a knife through a few times. After they're done, I'll slop some cherry pie filling over the top and decorate the whole mess with a large plastic spider.

Now to come up with a suitably gruesome name for it. Any ideas?
oregontocal

Postby oregontocal » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:01 pm

Does this look appetizing enough? Needs a name, though.
oregontocal

Postby SeeyaGal » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:55 pm

Chris I LOVE the wall hanging!!! I have so much material that is heading to Yuma and so many things I can create....forcing me to learn how to sew! I can't wait to do Halloween & Christmas stuff to hang up around Holiday times down there plus I have some projects I got in Alaska.

As for the recipe...bloody eyes? Anyone else got a name for it? Looks yummy though.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:37 am

Chris,... you are so talented! I love that wall hanging,.... way to go gal,... and that dessert wouldn't make it to the church if i were there,.. I'd be munching on that for b'fast this a.m. Looks yummy,.. well, without the creepy spider. Can't think of a name, though.
Cedar518

Previous

Return to General Talk