Heading to Montrose, CO

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Heading to Montrose, CO

Postby Bethers » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:20 am

I stay quite frequently using 110 power at friends - that should keep the batteries charged without a problem. The only thing I don't use when plugged in like that is the air conditioning - and if I use the microwave, I make sure not to use anything else that pulls much power - but it ALL works on 110. This time of year that shouldn't be a problem, cuz you won't need your air conditioning. If your batteries are going down - your not getting the power to your rig. Or didn't you plug into the 110? I always have a converter with me for that one :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Getupngo » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:03 pm

Turns out the power cord I was hooked up with had a GFCI on it, and had kicked off. So power is restored and even my MICROWAVE works. Died & gone to heave.

OMG, I'm a drama queen .... (read on... )

Drat! Drat! Drat! Went to fill my rig with propane & gasoline, and when I backed up a hill into my camping spot, transmission fluid began gushing from the front seal. Sigh. Another thing. I hope Barack appreciates me.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby Liz » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:43 pm

Whew...what a blessing that you were able to solve your water problem so simply without a repair bill.

How old is your house battery? I had to replace mine this summer when it wouldn't hold a charge well. It was 2 years old.

Oops...I see you already solved that problem too, and now have another. Hmmmm....
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Getupngo » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:31 pm

Yeppers, Liz, I'm a drama queen. You all probably deal with as much stuff as I do ... but take it in stride. I need an audience. :lol:
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby oregontocal » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:29 pm

Janice, I'm sorry you've been having so much trouble with the RV. Hope things improve soon. I admire you a lot for your work and hope it helps get the right person elected!
oregontocal

Postby Getupngo » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:41 am

We had a great rally yesterday. Forty-nine people and three llamas
turned out at the Obama Mamas & Llamas rally. Thought you might get
a kick out of this.

Lesley is my host here in Montrose. Can't tell you how grateful I am. J
ust found out my RV's transmission is toast ... full of metal. So who knows
what the final bill will be.

But in the meantime, I'm having a good time. I'm shocked to find that I
can be personally persuasive. This experience plus working with the
public last summer in Friday Harbor has really opened my eyes
about how well I can deal with the public.
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby Bethers » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:45 am

I love the picture with the llamas - so great. And it's even better that you are learning so much about yourself.

But it stinks that you have this major problem with the rv. After a few others where I'm at here have had some big expenses - I just bought the Good Sam's extended warranty - which I've always been against. I look at it every year, and every year say, no, I'm going to just put so much money aside, but knowing my rig is a 99 - I just figure somethings are going to start going majorly wrong - so I bit the bullet. I don't know if I would have done so if I wasn't planning the Alaska trip.

I'm glad you are enjoying your time there - therefore not able to just dwell on this bad circumstance.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Sparkle » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:12 pm

Janice, the bad news is your battery may never be the same again. If you have a gizmo to check on the battery you may find that it won't hold the charge. Been there, this is the voice of experience.
Sparkle

Postby Getupngo » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:54 pm

Bethers wrote:After a few others where I'm at here have had some big expenses - I just bought the Good Sam's extended warranty - which I've always been against. I look at it every year, and every year say, no, I'm going to just put so much money aside, but knowing my rig is a 99 - I just figure somethings are going to start going majorly wrong - so I bit the bullet.

I was thinking about just this very thing ... too bad I can't postdate it!! LOL!
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby Getupngo » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:06 pm

After a frantic Election Day of calling and door-knocking, the campaign staff and volunteers huddled around an ancient borrowed TV in the former nursing home that (until today) housed the Montrose, CO Obama Campaign for Change office. Lesley fiddled with the rabbit ears antenna as we munched on donated food watching the results trickle in. It looked good. "Pennsylvania!" "Ohio!" The excitement built. Then, at 10 p.m., the polls on the West Coast closed.

California, Oregon and Washington were put in the Democratic column, and Barack Obama was declared to be the 44th president-elect of the United States. It was stunning, even though we all expected him to win. We began to scream, cry and hug one another. It was an astounding victory, not only for Barack, but also for those tens of thousands of us brought together by this unlikely candidate.

We were led by three Obama field organizers -- Fresno twin brothers Alex and Justin, and Willa from Omaha, Nebraska. They began from scratch last July in this conservative rural West Slope community, working out of a local coffee shop. They built a mostly female, middle-aged (if we all live to 110! :lol: ) volunteer force, many of whom had never before worked on a political campaign. They are the embodiment of hope.

Margaret -- the mother of a disabled child -- organized the voter telephone calling lists, and she and teenaged Katie took no prisoners as they recruited local people to call, canvass, rally and telephone their friends, neighbors and strangers. Marty was the field marshal, organizing complex piles of maps and lists for the door-to-door canvassing. Lesley worked to keep the food tables filled to bursting to feed the troops, organized housing for out-of-state volunteers, and also joined dozens of locals who knocked on doors in upscale neighborhoods, ramshackle trailers, farms and ranches.

I wanted to introduce you to these remarkable people, so that you know the presidential victory was shared those who worked with a burning passion to change our world. You may not agree with the candidate, but this pursuit has been patriotism, pure and simple, and when I get home I plan to fly our flag every day.
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby Sunseeker » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:21 pm

Wow. what an incredible experience, and to have been a part of something so grassroots-powerful must have been exhausting. Regardless of our political affiliation, we all need to feel the surge you just had in your life. Cool that you gave such great kudos to the worker-bees! Thanks for sharing, Janice
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Cedar518 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:00 am

Great job done, Janice!
Cedar518

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:02 am

Oh, Janice...what a rewarding experience for you....and all your hard work paid off.....and like you, no matter what our personal beliefs are, I commend you for dedicating your time and energy for getting out the vote.....

Now, take some time to let those knees heal.... ;) and rest up for your next adventure.... :)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Getupngo » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:50 am

Yep ... pretty soon it'll be "jacks up" and on the road home. Today or tomorrow. Haven't decided yet.
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby Bethers » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:27 am

Janice, I commend you for what you've done - and for taking a stand and following through on it. And, yep, I commend all the workers on both campaigns - as this is what our country is all about. I'm glad, for your sake, that your work ended in a victory. I'm sure that must have felt so good for all of you.

Drive home carefully and safely.
Beth
Bethers

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk