Yikes!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Yikes!

Postby Sparkle » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:14 am

This is minor compared to the problems some of our members are having, but when I got back from a 200 mile round trip to Walmarts in Page I discovered that in my absence my frozen pipes had thawed and I had left a faucet open and the plug in. Poor Gwen spent 3 hours vacuuming it out and wringing out a huge heap of towels to sop up the water. She had to do it herself as Bogie wouldn't let anybody else in! This after opening the Lodge up at 6.00am. Roxie and I were having a great time, not knowing what she was going through. My carpet is lovely and clean, but I'm scared to look under the bed at my storage stuff. Oh well, its only "stuff."
Sparkle

Re: Yikes!

Postby Fernie » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:24 am

Yikes is right Sparkle. I have had a couple mishaps. In Florida a valve burst and I had water pouring out of the rv under the kitchen sink. Another time I was running some water in the sink and forgot the plug was in and I was on the phone-----till I heard the water overflowing. Hush Nan----that is all I am telling!! LMBO!! Sorry Sparkle---it is a bummer for sure!! Hope it dries out fast and your stuff in the storage compartment isn't ruined.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog..
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away...
Fernie

Postby Bethers » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:33 am

Aren't you lucky that Gwen was there! I haven't had that mishap yet - but I did wake up one morning to discover I left the water running in my sink all night. Thank goodness it was the kitchen sink that went to the gray- which was open. I keep saying one of these days I'm going to have a water mess - but hoping that each time I read about one of yours it sinks further into my brain - water off, water OFF, WATER OFF lol
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cedar518 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:24 pm

I've had a couple of water messes in my Chalet,... both times from connections that had wiggled loose. what a mess. thankfully no carpet to deal with. I'm so glad it didn't keep running until you got back!

have you peeked under the bed yet Sparkle? Good luck!
Cedar518

Postby avalen » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:37 pm

yikes is right, I remember the day I went to fill the tub and got on here reading posts
and forgot all about it, haha, flooded the bathroom and the understorage.
This morning I woke up to NO water, few hours later I walked to the maintenance
shop and found out we had a fire hydrant break loose and they had to shut the
water off. Its all fixed now and I've got my washer going.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Liz » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:28 pm

:roll: One thing I really hate to see is the word "Yikes" in the subject line on a post from Sparkle. Thank goodness this one was only water. I've flooded my outside compartment a time or two, but haven't done it inside yet. I did leave my bathroom faucet on at home this summer though. Fortunately my neighbor discovered it after a couple of days, and the only harm was a big water bill.

Now my question is...what do you do about your pipes freezing? Do you winterize your rig, and if not, will your pipes burst causing more mess? Also, don't delay checking out your storage compartments...you don't want to develop a mold problem.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Sparkle » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:44 pm

Probably because the pipes are plastic they haven't burst - yet. I did haul all the stuff out from under the bed, the bottom layer was a little dampish, but nothing got ruined. I've got a heater on in there and it feels like the tropics. My glasses steam up the minute I go in. I just got word that Gwen and I will leaving next weekend, so I need to get it all dried out and repacked and then the adventures will begin! I can't wait!
Sparkle

Postby Gentleladybear » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:58 pm

Sparkle think of plastic storage containers water can't get to them next time.

But glad to know your adventures continue. Usually you have much exciting things going on than just water in your unit. LOL I mean we have been through beach visits, and many other cliff hangers with you. So this is all minor, put on your bathing suit and enjoy the tropical moments.
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:58 pm

We've missed you and your trials and tribulations. There's just never a dull minute around you, is there? Glad it wasn't more serious.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Echo » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:50 pm

Oh my goodness Sparkle! You sure do have a thing for water!!!

Hope ya get everything good an dry before you have to head out and on the road.

Please be careful!!!
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby oregontocal » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:23 pm

Oh, geesh! At least you didn't drown. :roll:

When I drove up to Oregon early spring, I stopped in Coos Bay, Oregon to meet an RVing friend. We hadn't seen each other in about five years, so it was pretty exciting. I was in a hurry to set up and didn't pay attention to what my inside faucets were doing. Turned on the water outside, then spent about an hour catching up with everything we;ve both been doing--at her rig. We decided to go out for dinner, so I walked back to my rig, opened the door--and realized I'd left a bathroom sink faucet on. Everything was nicely soaked, including all the carpet. I turned the faucet off, drained everything, and went out for Italian food. On the way back we stopped at the store to rent a carpet shampooer. Spent a couple of hours sucking up all the water, then kept heaters on for a couple of days. Lucky--no mildew or other serious problems. Talk about feeling stupid, though.
oregontocal

Return to General Talk