Fun Day In Marina & Carmel CA

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Fun Day In Marina & Carmel CA

Postby SeeyaGal » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:57 pm

Dan and I headed to Marina CA to have lunch with one of his old work buddies. Harold got a fantastic job with the Pebble Beach Golf Course and now the manager of transportation there. It was interesting to hear about all the famous people he has met there. Said Jay Leno was one of the nicest. Harold said it could cost up to $5,000 to stay there . Greens fees were $500.00!!

My lunch of Tri-tip & shrimp skewers with rice and Teriyaki sauce and vegetables at
http://www.FranciscosRestaurant.com

One of the shops in Carmel...I just loved the shops!!

Cypress trees near the beach in Carmel

17 mile drive area and Pebble Beach Golf Course
We drove through 17 mile drive before and HUGE Mansions are around there that are just breathtaking to see!

Grandma & Grandpa sculpture near the beach

Our Cousins Grant & Donna
Grant and Donna have been coming down here to Carmel the last couple of years and rent a one bedroom bungalow. Donna worked at the Kitchen shop last year and again this winter for 3 months. There's a beautiful courtyard outside the store, Restaurants can serve you out there so it is just a beautiful and peaceful place to work and both Grant & Donna said Carmel is all decked out looking wonderful at Christmas.

Jenny & Dan
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Re: Fun Day In Marina & Carmel CA

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:17 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...what good looking couples!!!! ;) You all looked like you were having a grand time visiting....

Love all the photos...
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby avalen » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:33 pm

great pictures, looks like a great place to visit
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Cedar518 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:44 pm

great pics,...thanks! a little rich for my blood at those prices,...but the idea of working there for the season sounds like fun. You get to hang out there and get paid! :lol:
Cedar518

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:10 pm

You're really making me miss California. Carmel is a wonderful town.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:22 pm

How neat. And to top it off a great new pic of you and Dan. I noticed it right away on the right and loved seeing the larger version in this post.

Carmel is a town I've never visited - guess I need to add it to my list.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Redetotry » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:09 pm

Thanks for the pictures. Reminded me of a wonderful vacation I took with some friends in 2000, we also loved Carmel. I'd love to have a job there! Winter is coming and it's supposed to be a bad one here in Illinois, makes the call of the coast even louder.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby snowball » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:15 pm

Looking good!!! What a fun place to window shop fun to visit I'm sure and to have family there to go around with
Sheila
snowball

Postby SeeyaGal » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:21 am

Oh this is a real ritzy town so have to dress nice here! :lol: :shock: I'll be window shopping for sure ...liked what I saw in Donna's shop. Donna loves working there, Grant, Dan's cousin whispered that they spent her whole check one month of goodies from the kitchen store :lol: I know I got some new things from the kitchen shop in Oregon. I LOVE Spritz cookies on Holidays so I HAD to get a cookie press & decorating tube & tips in OR. I like making Christmas cookies, Halloween etc..!

Grant took the photo of Dan and I and we are laughing because he kept pressing the wrong button, so it is a tad bit blurred but that's ok doesn't show our wrinkles as much :lol: :roll: :lol: .....gee maybe it was because we all just had two drinks too ;) :lol: I like it though.

Yeah nice place to blow money ....if I had any lol. That's ok I'l just be a lookey Loo!! I'll blow the money on food, the little bistros looked and smelled so good!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby carold » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:34 am

Went down and visited that area years and years ago when I lived in San Francisco. This just whets my appetite (in more ways than one :lol: ). Loved that new picture too, and it doesn't matter how it happened. :D carold
carold

Postby AlmostThere » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:41 am

Wow, so that's how the rich live! It is beautiful.
Love the statue of the old couple on the park bench. Ole, grandma is getting kinda frisky with her leg over grandpa's! :o
AlmostThere

Postby asirimarco » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:31 am

Great pics - that area and Highway 1 has some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. Always loved Carmel.Only window shop there though. NEat new picture - you are surely photogenic.
asirimarco

Postby SeeyaGal » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:01 am

On our way back to Carmel-By-The-Sea we were heading down the road next to the winerys and Dan said "Whoa, that's a big spider!" :shock: so I yelled " TURN THE CAR AROUND!" It was a BIG Tarantula!! I have never seen one in the wild so I was pretty excited and grabbed my camera......Jenny without a camera..unheard of! :lol: Got a few photo's of it and then broke off a stick and kind of shooed him to the side of the road because I did not want it to get run over. Jumped back in the car and saw another one scurry across the road..WOW!!! October is the month the males come out of their burrows looking for a mate.
Finding a Tarantula before Halloween....simply spooky good! :D
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Postby SeeyaGal » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:11 am

Carol oddly enough I am NOT photogenic, I have a bad habit of frowning or looking down so I have a double chin. So if I know you are taking my photo I lift my head and smile otherwise I look horrible! :shock:
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Return to General Talk