Halloween Time

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Halloween Time

Postby SeeyaGal » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:41 pm

Alien Dan & Maleficent the evil fairy AKA Jenny
I LOVE Halloween since I was a little kid and Dan & I use to decorate our garage and yard for all the goblins & ghouls from 1991-2000.
It all started with a little girl coming to our home in a wheelchair, her father had to climb our stairs to get her candy and I thought " Heck that's no fun for her!" So the next year we started handing out candy at the garage door and it just snow balled after that! I loved to see the expression on the little girls face when she rolled her wheelchair into the spooky garage to get her candy...She loved it!!! So I went all out every year and would recruit the neighbor teens to be my ghouls in the garage or in the grave yard. We had so much fun and hated it to end. 2001, I decorated a campground clubhouse and decorated the campsite a couple years in a row at the LaConner Thousand Trails park Halloween Fun Weekend. I remember one year I had 300 trick or Treaters in the campground! Campground was packed and they had a dance and Haunted House...I miss that fun. Now we go South and last year I did not have any trick or treaters. We did not decorate but I'll put stuff up this year just to entertain myself!!
Our grave yard....Our yard was two tiers, all the graves I made and had funny sayings on them so I heard more giggles than screams

We went all out in the garage, haunted houses hated for me coming through because I took too much time going through or would turn around and go in again...instead of getting scared I was making notes on what to do in mine!! I would love to work in a haunted house. A guy I used to know in High school used to do one but I never got the chance to ask for a job in helping to work with him.Darn!

Will have to find a party some where where we can dress up this year lol :lol:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Re: Halloween Time

Postby SeeyaGal » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:05 am

Anyone else have Halloween photo's? Let's get in the mood! :D
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:10 am

ooohh,... I love your costumes!

Our school is a K-12,... and we have a halloween party for the kids in K-6, and all faculty/staff and 7-12 are there. 7-12 have their party in the evening when the little ones are out trick or treating. So,... here's my dilemma,... faculty and staff show up for the day party that afternoon in costume.... I can't afford to buy an expensive costume and am suffering a creative block about what i could make,... gotta get busy and decide and create! I manage the highschool computer lab,.... maybe I could create a keyboard and wrap it around me? my head could be a mouse? Haha.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cedar518

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:37 am

When my X was a volunteer fireman we'd help each year with their fundraiser haunted house. It was very elaborate! We had to arrive 2 hrs early to do makeup and dress. Took days to build the plywood corridors and rooms along the way through. Me and my X worked one room where there was a trick with a mirror and lights. What everyone saw when looking in the doorway of the room was actually a mirror reflection of my X dressed like a skeletal ghoul. Then the lights switched on me and I'd show up in the mirror dressed like a movie star. There was another room filled with leaves and monsters would rise up from them, also lots of sound effects. Wow, I can't remember what all else we had. One of the wives of a fireman did clowning, other ladies did face painting, some ran game booths, with their ticket they got hot cocoa and cookies. IN Alaska it was fun for the kids to have something indoors as there was generally snow on the ground outside.
AlmostThere

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:42 pm

Aha! I spoke with the art teacher today and found out that several are going as ghosts,.... how simple .... one cheap white sheet and some shears to cut eye holes and I'm just about ready for the school party! :lol:
Cedar518

Postby carold » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:14 am

Before the No Child Left Behind Act, most schools were able to use some time to have fun and realized that there was more to learning what you needed to know to succeed than just testing. At one high school, we were allowed to dress for Halloween. One year, one of my cohorts and I dressed as Mr. and Mrs. Frankenstein. The art teacher brought in face make-up and did a great job. (that was the year I got voted the best dressed teacher) :lol: :lol: Another year, we dressed as southern hairdressers, high heels, blond wigs, big earrings, etc. We also wore tool belts and filled them with scissors, hairdryer, combs and brushes. During our hour off, we wandered into various classroom, spoke in our best southern accent, went up to kids and pretended we were going to do their hair. They got really nervous. What a hoot! (of course we had the teachers' permission.) carold
carold

Postby SeeyaGal » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:18 pm

That sounds like sooo much fun!!! I used to dress up at the Nursing Home and retirement homes I worked at and the Patients loved it!! I love to make people giggle.
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Postby oregontocal » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:02 pm

I used to make my daughters Halloween costumes every year. When the youngest was in fourth grade, they went to school in Amity, Oregon, a small rural community. The Star Wars movies were popular, so I made her an Ewok costume. She won first prize in their school costume contest. The prize? a one-hundred pound pumpkin! We sure had a great jack-o-lantern that year.

When our son, now 20, was little, that same daughter, 14 years older than he is, made him a fantastic dragon costume. She used bright green velour with gold lame lining in the spikes. He not only wore the costume for trick-or-treat, but also throughout the next few years to play in.

In her weirder moments, she made herself a French maid costume for a high school party and proceeded to dress up her little brother once. This is also the girl who dressed up the fire hydrant in our front yard. People never knew what it would look like next.

Yep, Halloween is great fun!
oregontocal

Postby SeeyaGal » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:26 pm

I would love to meet your Daughter ha-ha, bet she'll do all kinds of nutty things at Halloween like ME!
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Postby Getupngo » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:33 pm

You all are WAAAY more fun than I am. I need to loosen up a little! LOL!
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby asirimarco » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:40 am

one thing I've noticed as we've been driving the back roads here in Parke County is all the houses have some kind of fall or Halloween decorations in their front yards. some are just hay and mums but some are really elaborate. all kinds of ghosts, skeltons, spiders and scarecrows. neat to see
asirimarco

Postby SeeyaGal » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:37 am

OK gals keep those cameras handy to capture the Halloween yards!
Here is the decor on my steerling wheel topper
I have my Halloween mini flags up in the windows too
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Postby SeeyaGal » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:03 pm

Halloween funnies
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Postby Bethers » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:02 pm

Great funny!

Don't want to be a spoil sport - but need to know if you have the permission that the pic says is required to use it? We can post most anything here - but pics from the net require the necessary permissions. (If you have them - forgive my asking - just making sure :) )
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby SeeyaGal » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:49 pm

OOPS.....CRS again I forgot! Will watch what I send ...thanks for the heads up Beth :oops:
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Next

Return to General Talk