Where's Laura?

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Where's Laura?

Postby Cougarfan » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:55 pm

Okay, well, um, I'm just sitting at my desk at home :lol: , but tomorrow, Karen and I will be in Newport to meet Trudy!

Its going to be raining at the coast but hey, this is Oregon...we get rain once in awhile...okay, so it rains a lot here...BUT that won't stop us from making the drive to the coast to meet Trudy.

Just thought I'd start a new thread so there will be a place to post more pictures of Trudy standing in front of bars with strange men :o

Laura
Cougarfan

Re: Where's Laura?

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:05 pm

:lol: :lol: Can't wait to see and read your adventure!!!!

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby SeeyaGal » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:20 pm

Hope the weather holds out so ya'll can explore...have fun with Trudy and don't get into trouble! :lol:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby dpf » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:39 pm

Oh my Trudy...you're getting a rep! :lol: :lol: :lol:
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Cougarfan » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:19 am

Karen and I made it over to the coast right on time and we had a great visit with Trudy and a fabulous lunch at a place called The Sea Hag in Depoe Bay. Its a great little place right across the street from the ocean with excellent food! The bartender "played the bottles" behind the bar to music. It was fun to watch even when she broke one of the wine glasses that was hanging in the rack LOL

The weather wasn't too bad today and I think it was better at the coast than it was in the valley so we really lucked out. Nothing like the storm they had last night! We saw branches and all sorts of things (including a big boulder) on the road over to the coast so the wind must've been pretty bad.

We took a little trip up the road to check out Trudy's next stop and I think we found an easier way for her to get there. I injured my back about 10 days ago and it was really bothering me so Karen and I had to head back :cry:

We will try to get back over there for another visit really soon!!! We didn't get any pictures but will get some next time we visit.

Laura
Cougarfan

Postby Mollysmom » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:44 am

It was lots of fun to meet Laura and Karen ! I enjoyed our lunch and really appreciated the trip to my next campground to scope it out !
The ocean was just crazy and wild yesterday and I was really glad we got a chance to watch it ! The waves were just amazing :D
Thanks girls for coming to visit :D
Mollysmom

Postby Bethers » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:18 am

I'm so glad you all got to meet. Trudy - you should consider meeting up with them in the valley on occasion while you're there, also. I love that whole area - along the ocean and in the Salem area - will be spending some time there next spring before going to Alaska. So Laura and Karen - be ready for me! And Trudy - maybe you and I will meet up somewhere before then - who knows where you'll head from Oregon.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby SeeyaGal » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:46 am

Next campground? Where are you heading to Trudy? Glad you gals all got together. The Sea Hag hum...not sure we went there or not, our friends in Depoe Bay can tell us where it is. Glad you got through the storm, I know I slept much better last night!! ;)
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Return to General Talk