Escapees

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Escapees

Postby asirimarco » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:33 pm

does any one belong to Escapees? is there an advantage to belonging? why do you belong? we are looking into it but not sure we need it. any info will help.
asirimarco

Re: Escapees

Postby SeeyaGal » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:53 pm

We Are :D and love it!!!!
$70 to join and only $60 a yr to renew, they have some nice campgrounds....some OK campgrounds but not like a fancy Outdoor resort kind, but we have been happy with them. Heck of alot cheaper than most membership parks.
You can dry camp( Boondock) $2.50-$5 a night

Alot of regular campgrounds give you a 15% discount if you are a SKP. Just show them your membership card

There are some campgrounds that you can buy a lot on , but you lease the lot. When you are not there you can put your lot in the member pool so others can park on your lot ( helps to keep your plants watered in the desert) I will say there is a long waiting list to get in and up to a 5 yr wait. Our friends just got theirs in Chimicum WA and jazzed up the lot by adding onto a small shed and made it bigger and made a patio that is cute ( Check out my blog for this month and you will see it)

Only park you cannot put a Alfa on is RoVer's Roost in Casa Grande( way too small), Kofa in Yuma is small and might be fussy( they would not let us stay there because we had 3 cats, 2 pet limit there! Witch that booted us out is no longer there :lol: ) Lone Star Corral in Hondo TX had a weight restriction so the Alfa will not be welcome there.

Parks that have the pools: Kofa/Yuma AZ,Jojoba Hills/Aguanga CA ( <-this one is a RESORT it's wonderful!),Rainbow Plantation/Summerdale Alabama,Sumter Oaks RV Park/Bushnell Florida, The Resort SKP co-op/Wauchula Florida, Dreamcatcher RV Park/Deming New Mexico ( you go to the pool next door at the Holiday Inn), Raccoon Valley RV Park/Knoxville Tenn, Rainbow's End/Livingston TX This is their headquarters

We use their mail forwarding service which is the best and largest in the world

We love the people in the club, we have alot of them here with us this week, friendly, always willing to help you out, best friends you'll find are the SKP'S= Escapees. I personally know Joe & Kay Peterson who started it all 30 yrs ago and their Daughter Cathie & hubby Bud Carr( boy does Bud know how to Bar-B-Q!!!)
you get 6 thick magazines a year with lots of tips,ideas, stories etc

Their travel guide book tells you where to find all the Escapee parks, maps, discount parks, commercial members
It even has names of people who you can bunk out in thier yards for the night that are Escapee's.
Dan and I did that one time. Called the folks up ahead of time and they were glad to have us. They did not want money but because they hooked us up to water we gave them $5

We have no regrets, just celebrated 10 yrs with the club and they sent us our 10 yr pin! I'll stay an Escapee for a long long time. Its a good deal and lots of wonderful people.
Oh they have lots of get togethers, one of them is the Escapade. Dan and I used to be Boomer count down clowns and we did the count down to get a couple thousand people to hush during our prize drawings and then the entertainment show.
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Re: Escapees

Postby oregontocal » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:22 pm

I've been a member for almost two years and while I haven't stayed in any of their RV parks yet, I couldn't do without their excellent mail forwarding service. I'm planning to volunteer at their CARE center in Livingston, TX this winter, most likely for a month on the way back from Kansas since I'll be near there anyway.
oregontocal

Return to General Talk