Jenny & Trudy Get together

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Jenny & Trudy Get together

Postby mtngal » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:36 pm

You guys had toooo much fun! Great pictures!
Diana
mtngal

Postby carold » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:46 pm

Not surprisingly, you two had a great time together. Those pictures make me want to turn on the key to the MH and take off for Oregon again. We loved our trips there. Hmmm, maybe after wintering in FL----love our jello life. carold
carold

Postby snowball » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:47 pm

so enjoyed your day!!! Love watching them blow glass used to have businesses in Jackson wyo that blew glass always enjoyed it . It looks like you had a lovely time.
sheila
snowball

Postby SeeyaGal » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:00 pm

Yes we had a great time and I still crack up looking at the photo of Trudy and the Bar guy!! I thought I was bad enough doing crazy things and then comes Trudy! I'm surprised noone turned us into the police!! Trudy is like me, zany and a chatterbox, we had sooo much fun together...good grief I can just imagine a campout together....Dan would hide!!! :lol: Thanks Trudy for the great time, it was a blast!
Ooh...by not going back to the RV I forgot to give you some Salmon! :(
Dan and I went to Depoe Bay today to say good-bye to work friends Pete & Anne. Heading home we saw some Gray whales! Lots of them!!Some lady next to me in Depoe Bay with Binnoculars said it was a seal and I said " Seals do not have a blow hole! That's a Gray whale!".....guess she has never seen a whale before but I have all over in Alaska!!
The closer we got to Newport we saw surfers in the water, Otter Crest is a view that is breathtaking and so is Cape Foulweather!!! Glad we got the chance to see those areas and take photo's before we had to leave.
We went to the South Beach Seafood Restaurant/Market for dinner... good food but lordy the prices were high for fresh Seafood.
Crabs were $11.59 LB!!! Glad I am going to Reedsport to Winchester Bay and catch my own!!! YIKES!!!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby avalen » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:22 am

loved all the pictures and narratives, certainly looks like a great place to visit
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Cougarfan » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:01 pm

Okay, so I'm headed over to meet Trudy next Saturday. Karen will be joining me per Beth's orders :lol:

We're both looking forward to the visit!

Laura
Cougarfan

Postby Bethers » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:48 pm

Didn't know my orders got obeyed so easily LOL - If so, then here's another - take pics for us all.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby AlmostThere » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:30 pm

Trudy,
You'll have to get an appointment book to keep track of all your visitors!
What great fun! Thanks for taking us along, ladies. I know we all look forward to the next chapter!
AlmostThere

Postby dpf » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:24 am

Such fun pictures! Looks like the two of you had a riot! This may be a stupid question....Is it safe to get close to the sea lions when they are on the beach?

Trudy...with all the vistors you're receiving it appears that YOU are quickly becoming the new toursit attraction in Oregon! :lol: And by the way...what are you? The Wino, Ding Bat or Riff Raff? ;) That picture is hilarious! You should really put it on your Christmas cards! What a hoot!
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Bethers » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:11 pm

You can get within a few feet of sea lions, but I don't recommend crossing them. In Astoria, they lie across some rocks and then pile sometimes onto a couple of the piers. If people have boats tied to those piers, they usually wait out the sea lions. I was warned to keep my dogs quite a distance from them.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Mollysmom » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:49 pm

I think I'm the Ding Bat - I'm no longer a Wino and I can be Riff Raff but I'm more in the Ding Bat camp :lol:
I think it'd be great fun to touch one of those sea lions but they're pretty darn big and have really big sharp teeth and I'm pretty sure it's illegal to bother them. They looked sort of fuzzy though and I would have liked to pet them :D or more fun, sort of slap one on the rump, I bet it'd make a cool sound (yes - I am a freak)
Mollysmom

Postby dpf » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:53 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Woman...you have a verrrrrryyyyy serious problem...YOU ARE CRAZY! And I love it! So what does that say about me? :roll: Is it because we are Midwest born and bred? Cold Winters have frozen our brains.....I don't know! :?
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Mollysmom » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:10 pm

Oh come on, don't tell me you haven't thought about it !!! :lol:
Mollysmom

Postby SeeyaGal » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:24 pm

Only one I have got close to was a trained Seal !! :lol:

Well we have come close but no cigar as they say with the legal crabs, caught one last night and thought hooray and then turned it over...dang a female!! Had to throw her back in. Not allowed to keep the females only the males.

Well some snitch came through last night and not only stole our neighbors Beer but his whole cooler!! DANG!!!! :evil:
There is a Alfa Founder that is with our group but will not park with us because someone shot out one of his windows one year!!!
George said someone messed with his pots......weekend people can be brats!!!! :evil:

Otherwise we are having a great time....gotta go take my navy bath....lovely ...NOT!!!!

Dan bringing up the crab rings

Crabs all too small...they have to be more than 5 3/4 inches across the back and if it is legal length it HAS to be a Male, females HAVE to be thrown back in.
Alot of guys and Gals are using these crab pots so we borrow one from next door to see if we can get a better chance of getting bigger crabs. With these the big ones can go in but cannot get back out. You can leave them in the water all night. With the crab rings you have to bring them up every 15 min to see if you have any or they eat all your bait and crawl away. Most of us are useing chicken parts as bait. Dan and I are using drumsticks.

Can you see the crab crawling towards the bait, the fella that had this crab ring threw it back out when he did not catch anything and forgot to tie it secure to the dock so off it went flying into the air and hit the water with the line with it!!! He felt pretty stupid :o :oops: and was trying to grab the line with another crab ring! Gotta remember to tie them tight to the dock!!!

Some kind of differnt birds on the pileings
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby SeeyaGal » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:36 pm

HOORAY THE JINX IS UP!!! We have caught our first " Legal" crab!!!!!
HAPPY-HAPPY-JOY-JOY!!! :D
Dan also put out the Crab pot so we do not have to check for crabs as often. Need to buy some of those for next year!!!!
Fog has rolled and and quite chilly!! Burr!! Yesterday was sunny and HOT! We're having a good time!!
Hopefully noone else gets robbed tonight, think it will be announced at Happy Hour to keep coolers inside and keep things secured!
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk