Jenny & Trudy Get together

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Jenny & Trudy Get together

Postby Cedar518 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:00 pm

Hey gals,... these are great pics! Looks like you enjoyed the GTG. (tv situation aside,.... :D ) Re: the tv,... I agree with Bethers,.... Trudy, mess around with the portable unit and find a little niche to run that cable through. That is if it won't hitch to the cable tv input? Can't imagine why it wouldn't,... coax is coax, isn't it?

I'm funny about tv, I can go days without turning it on, but like Trudy said, there are days when i want the "company" of voices and faces with me. I guess it's that we just like the choice of whether or not to have it. Goodness knows that a lot of the time there isn't much to watch other than The Weather Channel, haha.... so much is just junk.

See you all for coffee with Zeee in a.m. right now i'm headed to bed and hope to sleep tonight!
Cedar518

Postby SeeyaGal » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:57 pm

Well Trudy had trouble with the her satellite and my internet was blinking as bad as a Christmas tree last night with the wind and rain so I could not post till the wee hours of the morning . I have been having trouble posting photo's that are too BIG. Did ya'll see Trudy cut off in the photo with me or is it just my computer? Had to make them smaller to get us both in.
Going to get some sunset shots and then post all the fun we had today.
Today was a blast!! We had soooo much fun and thank-you God for the beautiful weather today, it was perfect!!! We actually got hot and I KNOW I was not having a power surge!!! We had a great time and seemed like Trudy and I have been forever friends!!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Mollysmom » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:28 pm

It was such a fun day !!!
I just loved the town of Yaquina and the Yaquina Head lighthouse area is awesome ! I'll really enjoy working there.
Jenny and I had a blast, it was so nice to meet her and Dan :D but I did enjoy having just a girls day today !!
The weather couldn't have been more perfect nor could the company !
Jenny's pics will be alot better then mine but here's a couple I know she didn't get !

Here we are at Mo's - we had an awesome lunch !

Jenny gazing out to sea

Mollysmom

Postby oregontocal » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:55 pm

Ah, yes, Mo's - my very favorite place for clam chowder. And, they're all up and down the coast of Oregon. Great pictures! Sounds like you and Jenny had a wonderful time today. She's so much fun--and so are you. What a great combination!

BTW, today I fixed that dumb "Door Ajar" problem in the pickup. Sprayed the door latch with WD-40 = Ta=Da--no more problem.
oregontocal

Postby Bethers » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:06 pm

Oh, I'm so glad the weather cooperated with you two ladies today. Trudy, I knew you'd love that lighthouse - it's wonderful.

Loved these pics and can't wait for more :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cougarfan » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:15 pm

I was sitting here reading all the posts about Newport, Waldport, Mo's, etc and realized "hey, they're less than 2 hours away from me!"

Let me know if you'll be around this weekend. Maybe I'll buzz over for lunch or something. Would be fun to meet ya!

Laura
Cougarfan

Postby Lotus » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:16 pm

Wow, what a gorgeous place! And to think, you'll actually be working there soon. Great pix. Such happy smiles on both your faces.

Becky
Lotus

Postby SeeyaGal » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:47 am

Well Poo Laura, I have plans to go to Depoe Bay and see some friends tomorrow and then we leave on Saturday for Reedsport for the Crabfest with a group of people, some we know others not so I won't be here but Trudy will.

Trudy's campground is pricey but the view is worth it! We had a good time at the Fish & Chips place close by her, they even have WI-FI.
When we left the park we wanted to head to the South Beach State park but oddly took the left turn too soon and ended up in a community of the cutest house and condos overlooking the South Beach and Trudy grabbed a flyer on one of the condo's and it was over a MILLION Dollars!! YIKES!!! There were a couple of cute cottage type houses and the house and gardens looked like something out of Sunset magazine!!
We found the South Beach State Park and we were impressed big time!!! Huge park, plenty of elbow room in the camp sites and they tell you how long the sites are. Good to know when you are driving BIG RIGS. The camp sites for Work campers were nice with full hookups. They had a name plaque out front and a sign saying "on duty" or "Off Duty", looked like a nice place to camp host. All camp hosts had a full hookup site other wise all the rest were power & water only and they had a dump site. Camp Hosts are Volunteers for a free campsite.
Ok gals, here are some of the photo's I took

Third place we ventured to was this Glass blowing shop
This is on my bucket list to some day create my own float out of glass or make fused glass jewelery. I love watching one guy make a pumpkin out of glass...AWESOME!!!!

I would love to make this jewelry out of fused glass

It was interesting watching these two young men create things out of molten glass!

We crossed over the Newport bridge and went to Historic Bayfront where alot of shops are there and MO's Restaurant. There were two Mo's and both were packed!!! Service was slow because of the large crowds there but food was great ! I had the shrimp stuffed avacado salad and a cup of Clam Chowder. Trudy has a bowl of Oyster Stew and a shrimp salad. Both were great!!!
I'm a clam chowder critic, I make my own from a recipe I got from Dooger's Restaurant and I have to say Doogers and mine still win on best taste, but Mo's is good and all the food looked great there.
Last edited by SeeyaGal on Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby snowball » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:56 am

So glad that you had a fun day!!!
Larry mentioned that maybe a flat cable would fit through slim areas better. We usued to have one in our stick house so the window wasn't always open. Juat a thought. The pictures were so good. Want to see the ocean again it has been way to long. Hey Jenny want to come work on the computer?? DD was tying to figure out why I haven't been able to get on myfamily chat line and in doing what ever I can't find the bookmarks which is where I had everything important. RVGals got to do it the hard why now all the blogs got to relook them up. so frustrating and I still can't get into the chat line on myfamily
anyway glad you had a great time
sheila
snowball

Postby SeeyaGal » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:32 am

I remembered this bar from before and love the sign above it. Trudy was bold enough to pull a guy out and stand in the doorway....it was so funny and the guy loved the attention!!

Aaaah, sunny him/herself in the Sun

I promised Trudy I would show her where the Sea Lions are and boy did they put on a show!!!
It was hilarious seeing the younger smaller Sea lions trying to get out of the water and up on the docks and the others would bark up a storm saying " Go Away...GO AWAY!". I have been here before and this was the first time I have seen SO MANY Sea Lions!!! Trudy did not see them at the Sea Lion Caves because they were all in Newport!!! :lol:

I call this photo the "High Five club" Looks like they are all waving!!! Hey Trudy they're waving at ya!!!

Off to the Yaquina Lighthouse to find where Trudy is going to work this winter

Beach area near the Lighthouse

Trudy clowning around on the beach..oops Ranger caught her!

Sea Anemone
Starfish...almost looks like it is dancing!

We found the area where Trudy will be Workamping and the area around the lighthouse is beautiful!! She has stores galore around her and right in town and Newport is big so she'll have plenty to do over the winter months.

We had such a great day, loved it because it just "Girls Only " day. Wish it did not have to end because we leave on Saturday but we had a great time together. When she gets tired of the Oregon weather she can wander over to Yuma and warm back up.
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Postby Paulette » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:47 am

Wow ladies, thanks for the wonderful pics and recap of your adventure! Felt like I was there with ya!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Shirlv » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:59 am

Jenny, beautiful pictures, as usual. Trudy, you have a beautiful area to work. Sounds like a fun day.
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Postby oregontocal » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:53 am

I can picture the look on that ranger's face as he watches Trudy---what the h---? He's probably thinking, "I didn't know there were any rock stars in town!" 8-)
oregontocal

Postby Bethers » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:18 pm

Great pictures- so glad Trudy pulled a guy out of the bar - as that's one of my all time favorite pics! I think I need to go there to pull a guy out and have my pic taken under that sign :)

Too bad that you'll not be able to meet with Laura, but Trudy and Laura can have another girls day out! Laura, what about Karen? Would she be able to get down there for a day or two? Trudy's going to be there for a few months, so you should try to plan something. (Here I go - giving orders :) )
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cedar518 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:41 pm

What a great GTG report! You two had a great day,... I love the pics.

Isn't this forum just the best,... as it brings us together for times like this! I know I enjoyed the visit from Liz over Labor Day weekend,.... just great getting together with our friends here.
Cedar518

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk