Jenny & Trudy Get together

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Jenny & Trudy Get together

Postby SeeyaGal » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:07 am

Jenny & Trudy having Fish and Chips in Waldport

I think Trudy like the frys!

We had a view over looking the Ocean
ImageWe brought Dan along too so he could meet Trudy

ImageSitting on the beach....it was COLD!!!!

Imageview looking towards the Waldport bridge with Trudy's campground up on the cliff on the left side

Looking towards the Waldport bridge from Trudy's campground and the sand bar below was loaded with seals!!

We had a great time together till we messed with her TV....Dan and I are now in the dog house because Trudy had just a tiny bit of range for her Satellite dome and when we switched the channels she then lost the reception totally so she was not a happy camper and Dan and I felt horrible. We offered to set up her portable dish for her, Dan said she had a big tree blocking her signal. Hum I guess she is going to have to learn how to use the portable. I'm determined to find out where her portable would go in, crossing my fingers she got it running again but doubt it with the bad weather coming in. I'm having a heck of a time posting because my internet satellite lights keep blinking off and on instead of being steady one.

I'm more than happy to teach Trudy how to use a portable, when you are in the trees you HAVE to have one!. It's very frustrating but CAN be done, you just have to have patience!

Thursday is Gals day only in Newport....that is IF I am out of the dog house. Trudy and I are going to bundle up and go exploring in the town. Could venture over and see where she will be parked in Nov at the lighthouse.
OK heading to bed FINALLY....lights on the satellite have stopped flashing and so I can send this.
Last edited by SeeyaGal on Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:42 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Re: Jenny & Trudy Get together

Postby avalen » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:07 am

what a beautiful area, although it DOES look cold and I would imagine typical for
Oregon coast this time of year, after all it is fall. I find that vegetation interesting,
the one that sticks straight up with two little leaves on the top, very odd as I've not
seen anything like it. Enjoy the rest of your visit.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby MsBHaven » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:10 am

Loved the photos and so happy that you guys were able to meet. Hope today is a good day too. Hope you get to Trudy's new campground so we can see photos of that too. I'm amazed that Trudy and the 5th wheel are located up on that hill. I figured she would be looking for a nice, level spot to park. Guess she has lots of experience now pulling the 5th wheel and isn't afraid of hills ??????
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby Mollysmom » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:18 am

It was a really nice visit except for the fact that now I DON"T HAVE TV !!!!!!! I had TV reception, now I don't !!!!! I really don't know what to do with myself with no TV - and 2 weeks !?!?!?!?!?!?! Jenny did offer to set up the portable but I really don't like the idea of having to leave a window open with a cable cord stuck thru it - the cat will get the window open - he has magical powers and can open many things. That's the only way to get the cable into the rig - hooking it up outside will not work.
It'll be fun to explore Newport today !
It does look like I'm parked on a hill but it's more like the bay is below me, not that I drove up on a big old hill and am parked on a slope - my site is pretty darn level. I love being able to see the water and sort of being able to see the seals from my RV - when there's no one parked across/behind me I can see part or the ocean too. It's a nice place, except for the no TV part.
Mollysmom

Postby Lotus » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:26 am

Looks like a wonderful day yesterday for the three of you....except for the tv!! Can't wait to hear about today's venture.

Becky
Lotus

Postby AlmostThere » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:35 am

Trudy, Jenny and Dan,
I'm so happy you all are getting together! How exciting! Have a blast today and you know we'll want more pics!
Trudy,
I hope the sun comes thru some before the weather totally socks you in for the duration. We are to be really nice here this weekend, but I know the coast has it's own idea of what the weather will be. I know the CG you are at as I have stayed there before a few years ago.
Last edited by AlmostThere on Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlmostThere

Postby Mollysmom » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:40 am

I don't mind some gloomy days, I can sit inside and watch TV - Oh wait, I can't watch TV !!
The extended forecast calls for sunny days after today -
Molly and I are heading to the beach this morning - it's cold but I gotta go, again - nothing to do inside !!!!
Mollysmom

Postby oregontocal » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:12 am

Gee, my first thought was, "what's Molly going to do without her HGTV?" It looks like all of you had a pretty good time, though. My ex-DH is a highway engineer with the State of Oregon and that fairly new bridge was one of his projects. While building that bridge, they kept the old one open, then blew it up when the new one was finished. I've seen pictures of the explosion - quite a sight. The old one is now at the bottom of the Alsea River. Have you been to the visitor's center?

If it's any consolation, it was cloudy and cold down here at the beach yesterday afternoon as well.
oregontocal

Postby Redetotry » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:17 am

Hummmm no TV huh Trudy, well this might be a good thing. Too much TV is bad for you don't you know :D Read a book,start a journal, take a longer walk, meet your neighbors and ask them if they've had problems. Who knows, it could have been a coincidence and everyone else is out also. Besides I'd think meeting up with Jenny and Dan and looking forward to another outing might relieve your boredom.

Look for the local diner or coffee house where the locals hang, find a good grocery when your roaming around and cook some fresh healthy Oregon produce!! Check around for a health club and sign up for an exercise or yoga class. You have to stay in shape for climbing those lighthouse stairs. Pretty soon you won't even think about the TV.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Sunseeker » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:19 am

Trudy, I'm glad you finally got to meet our Jenny, you can't help but have fun when she's around! You girls behave today. :twisted:

I have a portable satellite and someone showed me once to put the cable through the rubber on the side of the slide...that way you don't need to leave a window open.
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby SeeyaGal » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:33 am

After we go to Newport I'll probably go back over to Trudy's and get her hooked up somehow, I hate to be without TV too BUT I put my Big girl panties on and go outside and set it up....does it take me longer and drive me nuts...Heck YES!! But do I get it in..YOU BETCHA!!
I am so good at it now that DH leaves the portable dish to me and he just puts up the internet dish. I tried to tell Trudy to put up her antennea to get the local stations. Hey I even saved one of my kitty litter jugs for you to put water in as a weight Trudy. I'll get ya up and running!! Did you gals notice I DON'T give up!! :lol: Ok gotta go or she's gonna catch me in my nightie!! :o
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Mollysmom » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:59 am

OK - lets set the record straight - I am not some lazy slug that sits inside watching TV all day - I go for several long walks a day - I visit town - I enjoy the area. - I read books - i sketch - i sew - I am starting to make do-dads with the shells and rocks I've found. I just enjoy having the TV on for company some times.
Also, I do not give up. I step away from problems sometimes because I get overwhelmed and I need to just stop. We all deal with problems in different ways and that is my way. I talked to the guy in the office this a.m. - they have cable here at the park (I didn't see the hookup yesterday)- I borrowed a cable from them 'cause I didn't want to dig mine out and they offered - I hooked up the cable and am fine now. I did not give up, I just waited till I was ready to deal with "it".
I enjoyed my day with Jenny and Dan and it is NOT their fault my satellite doesn't work - they did not park my RV here nor did they plant the giant tree that more then likely is the culprit, either that or my dish crapped out somehow - I won't know till I move the RV to an open area. Crap happens - it's nobody's fault.
I'm really looking forward to our day in Newport !! I'm excited to see where I'll be living this winter and to have a girls day !
Mollysmom

Postby oregontocal » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:23 pm

You know, that idea of stepping back for a bit and then getting a fresh look at something really does work. Sometimes we're just too close to the problem. I'm sure you and Jenny can make the dumb thing work.

When I was up in the mountains, I drove through one of the rocky water crossings on the RFH (road from hell) a little too fast (second gear instead of first) and it bounced the stereo/CD player right out --it was just hanging by the connections. Well, that was stupid, so I just disconnected it. When I got back to the lodge, the whole thing just looked too confusing to put back in so I left it. That was two months ago and I've been looking at that gaping hole in the dashboard ever since. This morning I decided to do something about it, so took a look, reconnected a couple of things, stuck the stereo back in its little hole, where it actually stayed. That's what I was worried about for some reason. Turned on the key and the thing worked! Pushed in the little plastic cover underneath to make it all look pretty and that's that. No way was I ready to do that up in the mountains, though - don't know why.

Now if I can figure out how to replace a windshield wiper blade. Don't laugh - I was married for 36 years and never had to do it once! The directions are less than helpful.
oregontocal

Postby Paulette » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:35 pm

Chris, I can't help you with the windshield wipers...i've never had to do it myself either!

I was just thinking here. I have a king dome on my rv, but don't have a clue how to use it. Heck, if they TV is on in my RV it's because the GD is bored...not me. I'd just as soon listen to music or nature. I'm just not a TV person. However, when my dad was with us, that TV was always on and if the cg had a cable hook-up, he was thrilled to pieces! I guess with the king dome you have to have a subscription to someone in order to use it? Shows ya how much I know!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Bethers » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:08 pm

Trudy,
I think we all understand the waiting to deal with some things - and doing that doesn't mean you don't get 'er done - you just do it when your good and ready :) However, Jenny was feeling a tad guilty and wanted to get 'er done NOW lol That said, I think you need to go ahead and have Jenny help you find a way to hook up the portable - as there will be times you'll want to use it. And whether through a window, or through the rubber part of the slide, or possibly somewhere else - find a place you can do it without it being a problem with the cat - and so you can have tv in places without cable and without a satellite connection from the top.

Paulette, Yes, you need to have a service to go with the satellite :)

All that said - I stayed for several months at a cg where I had no tv - and even people with the portable satellites had a really hard time getting a connection - as all the sites were completely wooded. I love tv when I have it and can become addicted to stupid shows, but can as easily go without it.

So glad you all got to meet and now there is the girls day out. Have fun and I look forward to more pics!

I've been to that coast several times now, and those cloudy days are the norm - so make sure to take advantage of every sunny one you get :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Next

Return to General Talk