Great News!!!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Great News!!!

Postby Marslet » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:57 pm

I don't know if any of you know, but I have a daughter, her name is Candace and until she was 26 she lived here at home with us. Two years ago, she graduated LSU and got a job in the business district of New Orleans. Last week, she and her boyfriend of almost 2 years came to town to help us put blue tarps on our roof. They went off to shop on Sunday, and when they came back, Rob asked Jim and I to come to the den because he would like to talk to us. He proceeded to ask her dad and I if he had permission from us to ask for her hand in marriage!!!! He then pulled out the ring that they had chosen. Now here is where it gets strange. Although she has seen the ring and helped choose it, he hasn't "officially" asked HER to marry him yet. She wants him to surprise her with the proposal. Duh??????
Yipee!!!!! Yahoo!!!! We love the boy and have wished that she would find someone with a heart instead of all the losers she had dated in the past. Well, she found him. He had asked us to go this past 4th of July and meet his family. So off we went draging the camper 1600 miles to Illinois to meet them. We really liked his family and it was as if we had always been friends. Rob spent 4 years in Afganistan in the Marine corp, then stayed out a year and decided that he wanted to make it a career, so he joined the Coast Guard and is posted in New Orleans until 2010. If he passes one more test in Nov. then he will be reposted somewhere else in the summer of 2009. That means, I have to plan and coordinate a wedding for this coming April. Otherwise, I have until April of 2010. I think I am going nuts. Wish me sanity.

Marslet

Marslet

Re: Great News!!!

Postby Sunseeker » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:58 pm

OMG Sharlotte! A CUTE new puppy and a "top shelf" son-in-law to be!!! I bet your cheeks hurt from smiling. Enjoy the good stuff girlfriend, you earned it!
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Bethers » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:26 pm

Congrats.

I suggest you tell this winner to take your daughter to a nice restaurant, get a bottle of wine, and get down on one knee while there and present it. Sounds like that's what she wants - and I can understand it (even if it is goofy - I'm goofy, too :) )
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:31 pm

congratulations!! I'm thinking like Bethers, romantic restaurant, down on one knee,
bottle of wine and pop the question!
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Paulette » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:34 pm

congratulations! That is wonderful news!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Gentleladybear » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:50 pm

Very exciting, congratulations to everyone. You have lots of excitment ahead of you planning a wedding. I love the getting down on one knee, be sure to be there and take pictures. Great for the wedding album.
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby MsBHaven » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:08 pm

Wow! That is such good news when our kids marry a great person and they come from a nice family.

I'd like to suggest Emma be a "flower dog" in the wedding - - I have a cute little Chihuahua wedding dress that Annie could loan her.
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby dpf » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:18 pm

Wonderful news for your daughter and all of your family....I like Marge's idea of Emma being the flowergirl!
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Cedar518 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:40 am

Oh how nice! I love happy news. And it makes it so much nicer that you are happy with her choice and his folks too. Will make for some very big smiles in those wedding photos. Don't forget to post one here! :D
Cedar518

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:24 am

Congratulations. Isn't it wonderful when they finally find a "good" one. My daughter, too, has finally found a winner after all the losers that seemed to gravitate to her. He just got back from Iraq. Was in the reserves and called up. Good luck planning the wedding and be sure you get to enjoy it yourself. Love the idea of Emma as flowerdog.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Return to General Talk