Cameron LA Camping Trip

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Cameron LA Camping Trip

Postby VickieP » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:04 pm

Peggy, you need to come back, we'll eat some more, there's some left! :lol:

Ava, that ship was passing thru, headed out to sea. There were quite a few that size come by, some even bigger! :shock:

Mitch, Bite Me! (and my crabby, hard head buttocks)! :? :lol: :lol:

Carolyn, we've stayed at Niblett's Bluff near Vinton, (posted pics on that), Toledo Bend and several campgrounds along the interstate while traveling. Haven't really camped much in LA. While we were in Cameron, we met a couple from Opelousas LA that said they camp at Chicot State Park and they were saying how nice it was. Wasn't that where your first camping trip was? I told them we had never been there, but had heard it was nice, from a friend. :D

Sarah, we really do, lots of pine and oak, just not along the coast.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby OutandAbout » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:30 pm

That RV park looks interesting. I hope those that like to fish were staying away because of the heat and not the oil washing onshore. Thanks for sharing the pics. Your pups are adorable. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby VickieP » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:38 pm

Thanks Linda! We were there during the week, we like to avoid crowds! :roll: Mon. night we were the only ones there, Tues. & Wed. there was another TT, a man with his two young grandsons, then Thurs. two more 5ers pulled in, so we left Fri. :lol: Weekends are busier, especially with people coming to fish at the pier only. It's $5. per person to fish all day and you can come and go because they give you a wrist band. The overnight parking is $25. a night for 50A/30A and water, 5 night limit. Dump station is 2 miles down the road, but they tell you to dump grey water at night, that was a first for me! I guess it's because there is no "bathhouse". The restroom bldg has rinse stations, outdoor with no curtains, several people showered in their bathing suits. :lol:

The oil hasn't reached this area, yet, hopefully Alex doesn't push it this way, so far, so good.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Previous

Return to General Talk