New Sign

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

New Sign

Postby SeeyaGal » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:42 pm

We like to think in our home that we have a sense of humor so loved this sign when we saw it in Port Townsend and going to make one like it!!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Re: New Sign

Postby oliveoil » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:55 pm

I have a sign from one of my many restaurants -- we owned over the years----that says "please wait to be seated"------it is amazing how many friends just stand in front of that sign in our home!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I often wonder what they were thinking!!!!!!! :shock: ;) :lol: :lol:

Love your sign Jenny!!!!!!
oliveoil

Postby Bethers » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:22 pm

Ah - yep - to be drama free is good. Great sign.

LOL, OO - do you ever stand in front of your sign to be seated?
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby oliveoil » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:45 am

Yes Beth--but no one ever comes to seat me --------- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
oliveoil

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:51 am

haha,... great sign. Maybe I should make one for the 5th grade here,.... those girls are alwasy embroiled in some kind of drama!
Cedar518

Postby oregontocal » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:16 pm

I love it!

Chris
oregontocal

Postby Echo » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:41 pm

When I was a kid my parents used the bathroom for a conference room? I'm kinda thinking that a lot of parents did. When my X and I bought the property in NY we had to use an outhouse. We had no running water. But it's ok, it was an upscale outhouse. It was a 4 holer. But in amongst cleaning out the log building that was there and that we used to live in? I found a sign and hung it on the outhouse.

It said, "Conference Room". LOL Sure did cause a lot of comments. And my Mom about busted a gut laughing at it the first time she saw it. :lol:
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby SeeyaGal » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:23 am

Well heck you had a four-seater of course it was the conference room....pass the Sears book please :lol: :roll: :lol:
Our outhouse up at my X-FIL cabin was only made for one and I was jealous the neighbor down the road had heat & lights to theirs
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Cedar518 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:54 am

I love the outhouse stories! We have one at our log cabin camp. My daughter had an old satellite dish and she put that on it! Gets lots of laughs..... and she leaves a remote on the seat. Gotta find an old tv to put in there for another "prop".... no electricity there so it's all just for fun.
Cedar518

Postby oliveoil » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:09 am

We have an old outhouse here at the farm-as the farm is over 100 years old------& I decorated my outhouse in flamingos several years ago-- & I have a guest book!
It suprised me one day-when my Grandson----who for fun went to the outhouse whiel he was out side & said Grandma-- did you know some one signed your guest book in the out house-----I went to look & one of my cousins had been here while we were gone about two months earlier & had left a note to me in the guest book in the out house!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
oliveoil

Postby JanJer » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:23 am

I had friends years ago that had an outhouse at their cabin on Lake Michigan. It was lovely, had insulated walls which were painted a bright turquoise, pictures on the walls, lights and heat that you turned on with a switch inside the cabin so it could start warming up before you headed out. Also had throw rugs on the floor and a magizine rack...all the comforts of home ;)

Jan
ImageImage
Roughin' It Smoothly
Jan, Jerry, Roada the Chi and Sass the Cockatiel
JanJer

Postby SeeyaGal » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:33 pm

Now THAT'S a first class outhouse!!! Loved it Jan!!!
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Return to General Talk