Hurricane Survivor!!!!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Hurricane Survivor!!!!

Postby Marslet » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:42 am

Hi guys,
Finally got electricity back after 8 days without it. Thought I would melt away like the wicked witch of the west. You haven't lived until you survive no electricity in Baton Rouge for 8 days with temps in the low to mid 90's. I was so glad I bought my brother in law's generator 3 years ago. was able to get fridge back on line after cleaning it out, and we ran one lightbulb and one box fan. Horrible.
But thank the Lord, we have survived.

Marslet

Marslet

Re: Hurricane Survivor!!!!

Postby SeeyaGal » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:05 pm

Glad to hear you are ok Sharlotte, yeah you can replace the food but not YOU! Jeannette ( My Sister) came home. I'm trying to get ahold of her and find out about everyone too. Was the humidity realy bad there? Another reason we don't stay long with my folks, your makeup melts off from the humidity!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Bethers » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:38 pm

Super glad to hear from you and know you are fine - just a little worn out from the pitfalls. Am sitting here waiting to see where Ike decides to turn to know where I'm headed (or not headed) and am so greatful that my home is on wheels. I'm glad that Ike's original projected path of back towards LA was turned - and I hate to say it to MX, but I hope he keeps turning south and away from me, too.

Thank goodness you had that little generator - put you ahead of many of the others there, I'm thinking.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:25 pm

oh my goodness, so glad your ok and got electric again.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:04 pm

So glad to hear you've got electricity back. I know what you mean about humidity - I HATE IT!!!!!!! Stay safe.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Marslet » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:11 am

Thanks ladies for all your comments. We had an extra propane camp stove stored in the storeroom from the last hurricane. Don't ask me how I have 3 coleman stoves, don't have any idea. Also had 2 gas cannisters so we ate good. Brought pork chops, chicken, and hamburger meat from the camp and kept on ice until the fridge cooled down again. Sort of like camping out on the patio. :lol: But after 8 days of that stuff, I had had enough. Even with the box fan, that last day was 94 degrees INSIDE of the house. My bimbo husband bought storm windows for the front of the house that are solid glass and DO NOT OPEN, so no cross breeze (if there was one). Emma was a trooper, gonna write about her in pets so go and read it. :lol:

Marslet

Marslet

Return to General Talk