All Alone or Almost

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

All Alone or Almost

Postby retiredhappy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:23 am

Now that Labor Day has gone the park is almost empty. The other camphost who was next to me has moved closer to the office so she can lock the gate at night. So now I feel like I have the park almost all to myself. As you can see I have one neighbor at this end of the park - way across the open field. So nice and quiet. We get a little activity on the weekend but by Sunday morning, they're pretty much gone. Only problem is that now the deer are coming right up to the rig at night which starts my dogs barking. The patter of little feet I hear are the squirrels running across the roof of my rig.

I put my rope lights up on my awning otherwise its pretty dark down here in the evening. I kept going to bed and then having to get up, go outside and turn off the lights. Problem solved! You know that light switch they advertise on TV - you plug a thing into the plug plug your light into it and you have a wireless switch you can put anywhere. Plugged the rope lights outside into the plug and put the switch by my bed - voila! I just reach over and turn off the outside lights. God, I love gadgets! Next thing you know I'll have a clapper. Funny story - had one once - also had a small dog with high pitched bark. You guessed it. Dog barked - lights came on or went off. Bad idea, that one.

The dogs and I all have lost a little weight cause now we're walking more and longer. My knee isn't bothering me so much between NOT standing on it for six hours and getting more exercise.

Can hardly wait to see the gals at the GTG - wish more of you could come. The weather here in November is usually really nice - cool nights and warm days.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: All Alone or Almost

Postby avalen » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:58 am

it certainly looks peaceful and quiet, I'm jealous :P it really is beautiful,
love all that green grass
you planning on being there long? or just passing through.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Barbzeee » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:14 pm

Karen, Now that would be kind of place... I love how it looks.. don't care much for all the fancy stuff but sure do love the look of nature..and critters..oh my... I'd be right at home...

Oh by the way there Sista.. you have a "new gadget" and didn't tell us till now.. nor did ya post it in Gadgets so we could check it out... ...mmmm ya slippin'

I'll check back later on and see if ya posted that baby.. cause that sounds great and a lot of us could surely use it... and you say, "It works" that's good enough for us !!

Enjoy that sancutary...:)

God Bless
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:31 pm

Karen,... I got a hearty laugh out of the clapper and the dog barking story. Funny!
Cedar518

Postby MsBHaven » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:43 pm

Love that campground!

Wish I could make the GTG, maybe another time.
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:29 pm

Oh, Karen....it looks so nice.....can't wait til Nov.....am so looking forward to the GTG.......

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Return to General Talk