My last week on the island ...

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: My last week on the island ...

Postby Getupngo » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:10 pm

Cedar518 wrote:After Liz and I posted on Liz's computer, we again talked about your dodging the bullet ,.. we decided that you didn't just dodge a bullet,.... we said you may have dodged a cannonball!

"WHOOOOOSH!!"
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby Getupngo » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:52 pm

My internet cable modem went KAPUT on Tuesday night ... so I have to duck into the library to get on line. Just wanted to drop in & say "hi!"

Hi!

I just finished my last day at work ... I'm really tickled. Over the next few days I'll be wrapping up a few details ... including crossing one item off of my "bucket list" -- paddling amongst the Orcas. I want to go out and do that before I leave. I'll probably pack up & head out Sunday or Monday.

Just a note: a few weeks ago I commented that I "went off my meds" (literally) and I still am feeling terrific. My world is bigger, brighter and happier. I was asking myself why I hadn't done the orca thing earlier ... and I think that's my answer. Everything just seemed so hard.

I'll jump back on line tomorrow and spend some time reviewing & putting my $.02 in here and there! :lol:
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby Bethers » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:57 pm

Oh, Janice, have fun with the Orcas. That's on my list, too. Pictures please.

Your news about the meds is wonderful - but most wonderful is how you're feeling. I'm so happy for you :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Getupngo » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:01 pm

Thanks, Beth. I AM still monitoring. Everything could still start to slide back. We'll see.

Well, off to see the paddling people to see if they know where the whales are today.
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Previous

Return to General Talk