Things to see in Bardstown & Taylorsville, KY

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Things to see in Bardstown & Taylorsville, KY

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:33 pm

Yesterday, we did the "get to know the area" day and also some fun things to do and see.....We started our day by sitting on Donna & Mike's back porch drinking our morning coffee and enjoying the cooler morning.....Then breakfast and off we went....

Taylorsville State Lake
They have boating launch area, fishing and a nice campground.
Ernie scoping out the walkways and the sites at the visitor info center...
Then on our way to a winery we went past this old "Civil War" era plantation house that is falling down....I just love old houses and this interested me....also made me sad that it's dying a slow death....Boy, if those old walls could talk....
At the winery we walked out to check out the grape vines.....
Donna & I thought this was a good place for a time out for Ernie & Mike....They were getting a little out of hand.... ;) :lol:
We stopped at the Talbott Tavern for some refreshments...that's Ernie & Mike at the table....this is said to be the oldest Stagecoach Tavern & Inn still in business in the US....
Then on to the Bourbon Tasting at the Heaven Hill Distilleries.....This is our bourbon keg we got....

We just got back from Ft. Knox and we did take lots of photos of the Patton Museum....I'll post them later......We left early this morning so we're all just chilling and re-grouping....enjoy the photos...

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Re: Things to see in Bardstown & Taylorsville, KY

Postby MsBHaven » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:58 pm

Thanks for sharing the photos Lori. Bardstown is a neat little town - - is it time for the Bourbon Festival? We went to that one year. We wanted to go to Maker's Mark, but didn't make it. We did take the dinner train in Bardstown (wasn't a very pretty trip). We stayed at the Old Kentucky Home campground - - tiny sites, pouring down rain, very dark, and trying to pull in with a 33' MH - - just part of the RVing experience.

Will be anxious to hear if there is anything else interesting to see or do in that area since it's fairly close to where we live (just across the KY/TN line).

Enjoy your visit.
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby Bethers » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:03 pm

Neat things! I wonder why the guys didn't put their heads through on their "time-out" lol - and I really love your personalized keg.

Me too about the houses and walls talking. It's so sad to see some of the really historic places just left to fall apart.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cedar518 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:30 pm

Nice tour,.... thanks for the pictures, I feel like I was there with you!
Cedar518

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:51 pm

The Bourbon Fest is, I believe, Sept. 17-22, but don't have the book handy to be sure of the dates.....I'm sure we'll be going....

Darn thingies wouldn't open to put their heads in during time out.... :lol:

Donna joined us today here.....she and Mike are part-time Rvers and we met them last year at Ft. Stewart, GA.....I'm sure she'll introduce herself real soon....look for posts from Nickismom....

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Return to General Talk