What a Week!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

What a Week!

Postby Bethers » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:07 pm

Well, I feel like I was pushed, pulled, prodded, then left wrung out to dry - lol This was our 3rd (and last) holiday weekend where the cafe crew get abused/misused, etc. We had breakfast and lunch on Sat and Mon - and on Sun we did breakfast and then prepared a free dinner for all the cg guests. Sunday we topped all our sales records for a breakfast this summer - had a line at the time we would normally close, and, of course, have to take care of all that were in line at 10. Then after the breakfast clean-up we immediately started prepping for the dinner. We did take a one hour break, then came back, finished preparing dinner, then served it from 5-7. I don't know what was so different this time from the other 2, but it took us till 9 pm to clean it all up. So 6am - 9pm with a 1 hour break? On our feet the whole time. We were exhausted - and had to be back at 6 am Monday. Actually, I got Peaches at 9 pm, and took her to see the band for an hour - before I collapsed Sunday night. Monday I must have been working on adrenaline, because I was ok. But Tuesday, 2 of us were assigned to clean the kitchen and rec hall - and every muscle in my body was sore. I couldn't sleep Monday night cuz my back hurt. When I went to get out of bed, my feet and legs wanted to collapse under me. Made it through the day - but boy am I glad that is over with.

Then yesterday I switched spots here. One of the ladies here came by with her golf cart and we moved my outside stuff (chairs, patio umbrella, etc) I removed all my tire covers, etc, moved them over. Unhooked my sewer and cable and water, and drove into Corpus to give the rig a good ride. Spent $200 between Walmart and HEB and a couple dollar stores. Ran my generator - OMG - it's loud, LOUD, LOUD - I think the salt air put some holes in my new generator muffler - so it will need a new one before I leave in the spring. But it works, kept Peaches nice and cool in here and it got a good 2+ hour workout.

Came back, set-up in my new spot - which I didn't think I'd like as well, but now like better :) - When I was on my way back from Corpus, my phone rang and one of the guys here asked when I'd be back - said to call when I was ready to pull in. Turns out he had talked with the lady who helped move my patio stuff and he went over and got my sewer, water and cables - and a couple other little things I left and had them all at the new site for me. I called him when I was pulling in and he hopped in his gc and met me at the site and helped me hook everything up. (Everyone knew how exhausted I was!)

Well, all seemed to go well, until later when I tried my tv, and I couldn't get cable stations. Down to the office to report that - then I decided, I need ME time - and took myself to the pool, where I jumped in with my noodle and used it to lay in and almost fell asleep in the water. Oh, that felt sooooooooooo good.

Got word that the cable from the box was good (I didn't believe it) and it was me. Well, read Carol's post about her son - so talked to the same guy who helped me hook up and asked if I could come watch his tv to see that show (turns out I do have that station IF I had cable) and he said yep - and to come early - he'd had a party on Sunday night and had lots of left-overs. Well his leftovers included some kind of stuffed chicken wrapped in bacon and cold shrimp and pasta cooked in oil with garlic - and great crusty bread. OK - I think I almost died and went to heaven LOL.

Carol, I didn't pay attn to the show except to watch the bikes, but couldn't figure out which was your son's - sorry.

Then home - to bed - slept till after 8 this morning! Went down for a walk on the beach, did laundy - omg, how did I get so much of it? Took care of the basics on my websites - found I'd made some silly mistakes which cost me a few sales, darn it - corrected most of that - will spend more time on it tomorrow - and got someone else to help me with the cable. Finally proved to the cg that my cable works if hooked up to the next site (good thing I have a LONG cable) - and they are going to fix my site - leaving me hooked to the neighbors for now.

Sorry for the ramble - but I'm soooooooooooooo tired, even after all the sleep last night - and feel like it'll be Christmas before I get caught up.

Oh, on top of all this - the reason I came to this area - my g/f who lives near - has been trying to close on a new house for 2 months. Finally it closed. When? Last Friday - just before my weekend from Hell lol - and I had promised when it ever happened, I'd be there to help paint etc - and now I still haven't been there yet. Next week, I hope!

I really can't wait till the first of Oct - when I go down from working 4 days a week to 3. I really do think that'll make a difference - although winter here will be much easier than the summer - but will have lots more activites I'll want to partake in also -

Thanks for listening - and now - off to read more posts - and still have to put away my laundry and make the bed, etc -
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: What a Week!

Postby oliveoil » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:24 pm

AMEN-------- TO WHAT A WEEK-----------!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We loaded a huge moving truck & fought Labor day traffic with a moving truck & pick up for over 7 hours! The last two hours in bumper to bumper traffic!!!!!!!!!!

Unloaded the truck at our new home in Branson, Mo. & fought traffic to take it back to the closest check in place 2 hours away in the RAIN & in steep hills in bumper to bumper traffic!!!!!!!

Hubby took the pup out this morning at 4:30 AM in the dark to potty---at our new home in Mo.----- as her body is still on the time routine that----- when Hubby was working---------& she started into the trees next to our creek-----but she was still on the leash------- & Hubby got a whiff of what he knew was skunk- but it was tooooo late---------- they both still have a faint skunk smell!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was great fun riding hours & hours back to Kansas in the PU with both of them!!!!!!!!!

It has been a LONG WEEK--------!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And they are all going to be really long until all the auctions are ready & over!!!!!!!!!!
oliveoil

Postby Cedar518 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:39 pm

Wow,... I had a hard day but after reading your posts both Beth and OO,.... I will hush up,... and realize that my day wasn't so bad after all! Whew,... both of you need to sit down and put your feet up for a while.... and a glass of wine might be a good thing, too!

Hang in there!
Cedar518

Postby MsBHaven » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:13 pm

Good grief Bethers and OliveOil - what a week you both had! I've gotten myself tired just reading about it, so I'm having a glass of wine in your honor. Hope next week is better for both of you!
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby Bethers » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:21 pm

Margie,
Did you add a new picture as an avatar, or am I just noticing it. Looking good!

We best take these glasses of wine to the campfire, dontcha think?

OO - I can't imagine what your time has been like since you bought and had to get ready for these auctions, etc. I sure hope you get good money - the more to play at your new home.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to General Talk