Bug/insect noises

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Bug/insect noises

Postby Echo » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:52 pm

Oh my goodness I was gonna ask all ya'll about a bug sound that has been driving me about bat sh*t for the past 3 weeks. Finally I got to googling bug and insect sounds. I found the freaking thing. This thing is not pretty sounding to my ears at all but at least it's not 17-year Cicada. Now that I would have to get the gun out for. But the one we've been dealing with is bad enough. Sheesh Every dang night between 7:00 and 7:30 they start in. Oh geeze I will be so glad when they are gone. I'm ready to pull my hair out. All I could think of is that they sound like the electrode things in Dr Frankenstein lab, zzzaaweeeeeeuuuuuu zzzaaweeeeuuuu It's a Scissor-Grinder Cicada.

http://www.musicofnature.com/songsofins ... ecies.html

hmm thought something was wrong with the url
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Re: Bug/insect noises

Postby Echo » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:55 pm

Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby asirimarco » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:50 pm

I agree with you - they drive me freaking nuts - my husband loves the sound. It is so loud! And when one gets in the house - even louder.
asirimarco

Postby Redetotry » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:48 pm

Those things have been here for a couple of months. Sometimes so loud in all our trees it hurts my ears. But, my little dog Winnie loves catching them! I have to watch her though as her throat is so small one got stuck and I had to pull it out as she was choking, YUCK!! When she doesn't want to go out to potty I tell her there is a BUG out there and she flys out the door. I just played the sound and she came running to looking for it.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby mtngal » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:22 pm

Thanks for the cool website Echo! I think the cicada we have in Austin is a different species but I have to tell you, I actually loved it after I got over the creepy feeling that came from the similarity to a rattle snake. I started listening to the different insects singing back and forth in the trees, and the end of the song which drifts down to a whisper, then silence. Loved it!
Diana
mtngal

Postby Bethers » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:44 am

Diana and I must be strange - cuz I like the sounds too - always did. Then again, there is a time and place for them - don't want them everyday :) And I don't like hearing birds before I want to get up in the morning - but I delight in them after I'm already up.

And let me tell you - since I'm hard of hearing, it is a real treat to me, to be able to wear my hearing aids and hear all the insects out there - I often fall asleep and turn over where the hearing aid hurts my head and I then have to take them off - as I find it easier to go to sleep to all the noises of the world. Funny - you might not think you like them - but have the normal noises missing from your life, and they become dear.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Mtntophoundz » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:27 am

I don't mind bugs...but when I am trying to sleep I find them very annoying. Then to make matters worse I just turned my son (11yo) loose with this website. Somebody shoot me now! lol I think I have heard everyone of those so many times that I have them down pat. Oh the joy of raising a boy!
Mollie
A hubby, 2 skin kids,
Fur-sons Shane & Rascal
It is in the woods we return to reason and faith..... ~Emerson
Mtntophoundz

Return to General Talk