Saturday...Morning...it''s Raining

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Saturday...Morning...it''s Raining

Postby Barbzeee » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:31 am

Saturday...Morning..It's raining ....yes, it's raining in the North East corner...and it's the weekend...family came last night for the Labor Day weekend cook out...not too much of a crowd..total will be 20 which for my family is a small GTG...the other group is out on the Hamptons.. which before I leave for Florida I will attend that..as that will be an early Christmas party...my going away for the winter party...LOL Hey ya gotta do what ya gotta do...It will be a great visit and of course Loud...and lots of Music.. and as always Pasta of all kinds... (visualize this) only thing won't be a goat on a roast...LOL..but never the less it will be lots of hands moving..:)... then I won't see any of them till I come back the end of April..oh my goodness...!!! Nah..I'll get those surprise I'm in the neighborhood calls...LOL Yeah I have a few that also come down to Boca Raton..been doing that for years..so no, I don't get away completely...I'm surrounded LOL...but it is a good thing ...I mean they are loving caring and also got a few tips for ya...kind of family..oh yeah and the kiss on the cheek both sides...by the time you leave you need a face wash..LOL..How my DH has endured this...He's a good man..well he kind of has too be !! that's my story for this morning...oh and thanks for the listening to me vent..it's one of those things you kind of have to do every once in awhile...and speaking of venting......

RetiredHappy...(Karen) Wow...yeah I hear you venting...dunno about that come back in a couple of days to re check in and if you don't like your spot come back up...but then again a lot of places that I've been too were pretty good about that.. I mean if the spot wasn't right for you..you were able to change it... Have to ask some of the other Gals, that use campgrounds a lot.... HOw about it..?

Liz...I just am in awe of your drive up to NY State...some great areas you checked out...and of course you got that great rig that you can do all those ins and outs..twists and turns...that are some of the great advantages you have...but lordy those places and prices you can't beat that.... A lot of the State Parks in Pa..don't let pets in...shame..but we are working on that here in Pa..our dog clubs are trying to get changes made...

Cedar...I know you will be connecting with Liz...that should be a great weekend..and hey.. I sure hope you don't have our rain...not until your weekend is over...Enjoy and have fun..ya hear !!! Pictures, of course.:)

Avalen (Ava) I had heard on the news last night before I went to bed about this unusual storm that hit AZ ..Holy chit... I mean to tell you...I'm so glad to hear you are ok and no injuries...I don't know, I'm not good about lightening.. I'd be under the covers... I mean .. I get really nervous with it.. I'm gonna go read that site that you posted when through.. but thank God you are ok ...

Getup n'go (Janice) Good luck on your last week...getting things packed up and ready to hit the open road... Have you decided on which way you are venturing out...and perhaps you'll get to connect with a few of the Sista's on the forum... and perhaps not connecting with that Writer was a good thing.....Sounds like he had a few personal problems ..none of which was yours... !

RV Granny..( Lori and Ernie) reading your getting ready already made me have hitch itch... yeah.. in another few weeks I'll be ready too... have a great weekend with your family and then make sure when you can ..let us know where you're at...

Sunseeker (Jill and Tommy) enjoyed chatting with you and hey, glad you like my little campground.. Ain't much but cozy..and friendly people.. and kind of hang in there for a bit..cause that Gustav is coming in strong...

Marslet (Sharlotte).. I sure hope you are getting out of town.. Please let us know how you are or where you are ? Be safe dear friend...

Bethers what's the situation with your area too...are you under any alert ?

Sistas please all keep safe....

Welcome Kelpie...(Kellie) and Eddie...:) aah 4 months to go.. congrats..and can't wait to hear of your Adventures... glad you came on board to join us... great group and boy you know already we don't miss much... ifn' ya get a chance post a picture of your rig on the board.. Show your Rig... and you can post pictures of Eddie in the Pet section.. We'll keep ya busy here...and oh.. any good recipes ya wanna share.. hint hint we'd be willin to try LOL>... again welcome to the group.. love having ya with us !!!

Ok, I hear stirring and foot steps coming down the stairs...uh oh my quiet time is over.....LOL....

Echo.. enjoyed your questionare...LOL yeah I'm lay back kinda gal...LOL.. Ready with our coffee pot and hey..got some good cinnamon buns.. big jobs...ooooooh yeah..

May your Adventures be Great ones and your Journey be Safe too...

God Bless....

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Re: Saturday...Morning...it''s Raining

Postby asirimarco » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:27 am

Good Morning.....just looked outside and we have a very red sunrise - isn't it "Red skies in the morning Sailors warning."? We sure need more rain - got a few sprinkles yesterday and day before but they weren't much help. How can it be Labor Day Weekend already - seems like the redbuds and tulips were just in bloom.
Have a good day -
asirimarco

Postby Shirlv » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:10 am

Good Morning All, I drove in rain yesterday to get to Ft. Whaley Campground. It had stopped by the time I arrived so setup wasn't a problem. The ground in Maryland was so try it had soaked up every drop. This a nice cg but pricey because it is close to Aasateague Island (home of the wild ponies) and the resort town of Ocean City. My children and grandchildren will be staying in Fenwick, De which will be about a 20 min drive for me. We will meet up almost everyday. Youngest daughter will be staying a few days with me. I remembered everything except, can you believe, the Margaritias. It is cloudy and they are calling for rain today so I will spend the day trying to find where I shoved everything. Prayers for those in the path of bad weather. stay safe.
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Postby avalen » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:14 am

Good morning all, one of the things I like about the weekends is getting to
come to Barbzeez table for my morning coffee. Lots to do today, grocery
store, Home Depot and then Camping World, mostly in that order too.
The storm the other night did some damage to my fence, bent the brackets
that make it stand so I've had to stand gaurd over the escapeable section to
prevent the dogs from getting out and then rush them back inside when
their done. They are giving me attitude cause I won't let them check out the
big gap in the front of the yard. :lol: Camping World has the dicor self leveling
sealer I need to caulk the roof, been needing to do that for awhile but its pricey
stuff and everything was budgeted tight over summer. Everything else for the
weekend is routine chores.
oh, and btw Barbz, I do read your entire column, I just don't get to until dinner
time during the work week, and of course I read all the responses too.
Ok, thats about it for me, gotta get this second cup slugged down so my brain
will function better and off to read some more posts.
Everyone have a great day.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Echo » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:11 pm

Now that it's not morning??? GOOOOOOOD AFTERNOOOOOON to all. :lol:

Couldn't post this morning. My fan of all things woke me up this morning. It woke me up cause it was shutting off and on. Damn power went out again. It does this at least once or twice a week here? Have no freaking idea why??? I have a battery operated alarm so the power going out doesn't mess me up that way and usually the power is back on by time I get up. But not this morning. That meant I had NO COFFEE!!! :evil: OMG I thought I was gonna lose my mind! :shock: I couldn't stand it I got dressed and was at the corner store at 6am to get some coffee. YUCK it was not the best coffee I've ever had, hell it wasn't even good coffee, but at least it was coffee. Barbz you have no idea how badly I wanted to be at your house this morning for when your percolator was done percolating! I might have to pick up one of those single burner thingies that you screw right onto the little propane tanks and some instant singles!!! I just can't be going thru very many mornings like this morning.

Dummy me, after running to the store and getting coffee and coming back home I realized that without power I couldn't check in. :cry: Dummy me again! :oops: I forgot about the battery in the laptop. :oops: I did finally remember that I had battery power in the laptop and that I had my aircard I could use to fire up the laptop to check in and read the morning catch-up coffee post. :oops: But after all that I had just enough time to read it but not post back. We had to go to work today, the big boss made it mandatory to work 8hrs today. Well guess what? I was danged if I was gonna do it. I wasn't even gonna go in at all today I was so mad. But my immediate supervisor was so horrified that she was gonna have to write me up for refusing to work today and the fact that Kelly went in I decided I would go in for 4hrs. I will still get wrote up but not as badly. I have got to check the labor laws here in TN. I know it's a "work at will" state but that's about all I know of the labor laws. They wanted us to work tomorrow too. Cause it's the last day of the month. But it really is worthless to work tomorrow cause any payments we take tomorrow can't be dated for Sunday. And they asked for volunteers for Monday. Kelly and I both said yes to 4 1/2hrs.

Beautiful day down here today!! It has rained for the past 3 days I think? We really needed the rain and while it started out as a fast and furious storm it slowed and became a slow steady rain that the ground actually had time to soak up! But today is almost perfect, only thing that would make it better would be a nice breeze.

Now that I'm home? It's housework for me. This place is a disaster area. Gads haven't hardly done a thing in here for the past two weeks. This new schedule sucks. Had last Friday off but still felt kinda crappy and just said the heck with it. But it's gotta get done now. Can't stand it any longer. :) I'll be checking in later on to see what ya'll are up to.

Love to all
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Return to Morning Coffee