You're going back where?!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

You're going back where?!

Postby Sparkle » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:35 pm

I'm a glutton for punishment! I finish here on the morning of September 10th and I'm heading straight for the Kaibab Lodge on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon where I suffered for 6 months last year. They have had to fire so many people for a variety of reasons - blatant stealing - knife fights - drunken brawls -drug taking and dealing - that they have no one left to work the Front Desk. So as I don't steal, wouldn't knife anyone, and haven't had a good drunken brawl in an age and seein as how I'm just a gal thet cain't say No I'll be there until October 31st. I'll earn more there in 6 weeks than I did after 3 months at Crooked Creek. I was going to visit friends there anyway, so I might as well get paid - right? I'm sure there will be stories. :o
Sparkle

Re: You're going back where?!

Postby Barbzeee » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:55 pm

Well Sparkle at least you'll be able to post and it will always be interesting... and hey...it will sure keep your life never dull.... but you know you have a plan ...and hey.. that's what life is all about... Intrigue and Drama..

Just know I'll be one of your avid readers...:)

Missed ya

God Bless
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:47 pm

Sparkle,... I'm here on the other end of the wire, waiting to hear the next story. Take care of you and don't get hurt if knives start to fly! :o
Cedar518

Postby Bethers » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:49 pm

Yep, you be a glutton for punishment. I sure hope they treat you better now.

Then, how about coming here for a month or so after???
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:48 pm

maybe they will appreciate you better this time, and one weekend I'll make my
way up there and say hi!!!
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Paulette » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:24 pm

Sparkle, 6 weeks doesn't sound that bad, and it is familiar territory. Just make sure they treat you good this time around! I'm just excited to finally have you posting again!

take care
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby snowball » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:07 am

hmmm
maybe we will have rethink our route to Quartzsite but then maybe I'll need to reread your post and see when it is you will be there we aren't leaving ID/UT till into Nov.
Be safe there
Sheila
snowball

Postby Getupngo » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:40 am

Sparkle, Kaibab is so gorgeous. I know you'll make the best of this. You DO know the lay of the land, and you have some standing with the management now. If nothing else, YOU know you can tell them to put it where the sun don't shine if they're not good to you. Just be true to you.

Maybe I can get down that way as well ... :)
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby Sunseeker » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:15 am

I would also like to visit up that way. Maybe it will work into our travels as well.

I only know if it came down to a knife fight OR a drunken brawl with our Sparkle involved..I know who I'd put my money on :lol:
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:01 am

Hey Sparkle - if you're headed south after October why not stop by the Texas GTG, 11/3 thru 11/7?
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Sunseeker » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:16 pm

Would THAT be fun, or what??!!
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Bethers » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:39 pm

Maybe she'll listen to you guys - she loves TX - I suggested she come to our gtg - and I suggested she come spend a month down here with me - and she is avoiding answering me LOLOL Just teasing you Sparkle - I know you don't want to make promises you can't keep - but we sure would love to have you at the GTG. And you do have to leave Kaibab before you get snowed in there.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Liz » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:38 pm

Well they should pay you double, I think. I'm glad you're going to be someplace where we'll hear from you. TX gtg would be a great next stop; think about it. I loved the North Rim, but was only there 2 days and have never been to any other rim to compare. Of course I was just visiting too, so saw no such fights, etc. Travel safely, ok?
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Sparkle » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:32 pm

Beth, you KNOW I have to stay on the Beach at Port Aransas, and to get there I have to go through Texas, and Quartzite and the GTG are both in Texas....I want it ALL! Jill and anybody else that wants to see that darned hole in the ground, you can be sure of a warm welcome.
Sparkle

Postby Bethers » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:48 pm

Sparkle, the beach you stay on is in walking distance of me - so you might just get sick of me LOLOL And yep - I want it all also - so why shouldn't you?

But Quartzite isn't in TX - that's in AZ -
Beth
Bethers

Return to General Talk