Bye Bye Awning

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Bye Bye Awning

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:00 am

Well, got a price for a Carefree electric awning with adjustable pitch - wait for it - $3,000 installed. Not going to happen. While contemplating a less expensive electric awning we had a huge storm roll thru yesterday where the skies opened up and gave us a drenching. I now have all three windows on the driver's side of the coach leaking, badly! The water was in the track and running down the wall until I started sopping up with towels. Called repair guy this morning and he said window seals should be replaced about every five years if they're rubber especially when you do a lot of camping in hot desert areas. Soooo he's coming out today to get me a price and see what I need. If it ain't one thing, its another. Guess that's true with everything not only RVs.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: Bye Bye Awning

Postby Barbzeee » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:22 am

Karen, I reseal all my vents every year as I've had leaks up around the dome and down into the bathroom wall..So every year when I get the rig services they caulk and check all areas.. just had the front windshield re sealed for a leak came up.. yep.. and even replace windshield wipers if I forget to cover them when I park.. as they snapped on me while driving in a rain storm... wonders yes... So yeah.. it's like you brush your teeth daily well with the RV's you have to caulk them all the time yearly.... as the hot sun and them birds eat that stuff.....

Sorry to hear about the awning price...but you know I'm sure Camping World runs sales..not sure how far you are from one either... however, just keep checking...

Owning a rig is not cheap..cause everything that goes for some reason is never on sale or it's inflation.. I always figure every time I pull in.. at least 300 to start off.. and that's getting away really cheap...

Then I start to rationalize.. well I don't smoke and I don't drink..(Only once in awhile) and I really don't go out much any more and hey... I have to enjoy something....sooooo that makes up for it...well in my books it does....

Glad that's all the damage you had with a bad storm... I'm not good with storms...I'm always looking for a place to hide ...LOL getting me that tornado room ASAP... LOL now can it fit the Motor home..??? :)

God Bless

Last edited by Barbzeee on Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby asirimarco » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:25 am

Aint that the truth. One thing gets fixed another needs it. Good luck with the windows.
asirimarco

Postby Bethers » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:14 pm

I have a 99 with the only thing I've resealed being the edge of the rubber roof where it got damaged by a gas station sign. I need to redo that whole edge again - as when the rain is really bad, I'm still getting some water in there. Let a professional do the job last time - doing it myself this time.

Next time I'm at a CW, I want to have some other things resealed - like the window above - in the upper bed area - as I don't like the looks of it - and I don't feel comfie doing that one myself. I also know I need to replace my air conditioning vent cover - has a few cracks in it. I'm safe while sitting, but not when I start on down the road for miles and miles. (I replaced the fridge vent cover - did myself - on my way here.)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to General Talk