Rubber Knees

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Rubber Knees

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:24 pm

Okay, this morning I was a good girl. Took my bike down to the river and rode the bike path. Did about two miles out and back to the car. Considering this is the most exercise I've gotten since I got here, my knees are now like rubber and I need a nap. Let's face it, I'm a woose. The paved path goes on forever rambling along the river. There were some kind of white flowers in bloom that smelled so sweet. Gonna try and do this at least 3 or 4 times a week.

Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: Rubber Knees

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:31 pm

What a wonderful place to ride your bike! I want one just like yours with a basket on the front. It's hard to find just a plain ol' bike. Wish I was there & could ride with you. :)
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby Paulette » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:35 pm

Good place to start...nice and flat. Looks like a nice place to ride. Way to go!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Liz » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:01 pm

Beautiful bike path, and now that you,ve discovered that, you'll want to do more. The more often you ride, the easier it'll get, and the farther you'll go. Soon you will no longer feel like a woose! What is a woose, anyway?
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:57 pm

Hard to find just a plain old bike. Got my at Walmart, around $100 - basket extra. Had a bike with hand brakes a long time ago - darn near killed myself first time I used brake. This is the way I remembered - back peddle and the bike stops - GRADUALLY. Wish I had company, too but as wobbly as I am, not sure if anyone would want to ride along side me. Can't seem to go in a straight line - maybe if I'd relax a little. :lol:
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Barbzeee » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:28 pm

Karen.. hey.. that was a great ride... just do it slow and each time a little more.. but for me.. Girlfriend I'd not make it down the path or to the path.. my knees would have quit just looking at the bike.. Hey.. next time take some pictures of them flowers... You did good !!

God Bless

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:57 pm

You did a LOT better than I did a few years ago when I bought a bike. It had been about 40 years since i'd ridden a bike,... i took it out the driveway and back and never rode it again. I gave it to my daughter. Took my old knees weeks to get over that! Back to walking for me.
So,.... youbetcha you did great!
Cedar518

Postby Bethers » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:57 pm

If I would have had trails like that, I would probably have kept my bike. The first year on the road, it rarely left the bike rack - 2nd year similar - so I sold it. Talk about wobbly- but I was more wobbly because I was having to ride it in traffic - scared the bejesus out of me. That's why the scooter - still scary to me, but not as much so - as I can "own" the road, where the bike had to stay on the side and let everyone wizz by.

You did real good - and I hope you can follow your plans for 3-4 times a week. It looks peaceful on that path - and your knees will get steadier, I hope.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Mtntophoundz » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:50 pm

Sounds like you had a nice ride. I have a bike, but I am not very good at riding it. I am woobley too and then it has gear, what in the world do you do with gears on a bike? I guess I too will stick to walking!
Mollie
A hubby, 2 skin kids,
Fur-sons Shane & Rascal
It is in the woods we return to reason and faith..... ~Emerson
Mtntophoundz

Return to General Talk