Cukoo's Nest Hospital to be torn down

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Cukoo's Nest Hospital to be torn down

Postby Paulette » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:25 am

Read that in the news today. Might be an interesting place to visit some day as they are going to put in a museum too. It's located in Salem, OR. The movie was filmed there. The even hired a bunch of the patients as "extras". However, it was sad to learn of the "room of the lost souls"; a room that contained the unclaimed cremains of patients who had died there between the late 1880's and 1970's.

Anyway, I loved that move. I loved the book, and the movie was portrayed good with Jack Nicholson.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Re: Cukoo's Nest Hospital to be torn down

Postby Barbzeee » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:52 am

Paulette... I thought that was a great Movie.. and of course one of my favorite actors Jack Nicholson....I was just looking at that DVD strange must be ESP... but interesting fact.. thanks..

God Bless

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Bethers » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:08 pm

How did I miss that place on my trips to Salem? Have an old h.s. g/f there - and thought I hit most of the places there. See, no matter how much we think we've seen in an area - there's always something else.

I agree about the movie. Was a one of the few movies I thought did justice to the book. I do give Jack Nicholsen credit for that. I think he probably fit the character better than we know :)

So, in what you read - they're tearing down the hospital and putting up a museum?
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Paulette » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:10 pm

And building a new hospital. Yeah, Jack Nicholson made the movie for sure.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Return to General Talk