The No Husband/No Kids Get-Away

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

The No Husband/No Kids Get-Away

Postby dpf » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:17 pm

The three of us...the fourth member couldn't go at the last minute.

Our cabin was the one on the far left.

View from our deck....we really had a great time!
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Re: The No Husband/No Kids Get-Away

Postby Bethers » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:21 pm

Wow - I wouldn't have ever left the deck :)

Looks like you and your friends had a great time!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Barbzeee » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:24 pm

Hey Pat... you did good.. ok what color did ya go ..:) yeah you know you said you were gonna do your hair color so what color.. is this before the color or after the color...hahahaha... Hey gal.. you had a blast by looking at those gals.. You had a Terrrrrriffffic time hahahaha... Now you gonna tell us all about it ....Pleaseeeeeeee...LOL or wait till I write tomorrow morning and make up "My Story" LOL Good one Pat.... Glad you showed us the pictures.. and by the looks of the place, looks really nice..........

God Bless....All ears and eyes

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Sunseeker » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:37 pm

How fun!!! Sorry you gals didn't have a good time ...maybe next time! Yeah, right! The deck view was wonderful.
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Cedar518 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:51 pm

The smiles on your faces tells the story! Looks like you had a great time!
Cedar518

Postby dpf » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:06 pm

First I have to give a little background information....this used to be a 4-H camp and I went to it when I was a kid in the '60's. The place was a real pit. I was in charge of the plans for this get away and when I found the website I just about split a gut laughing before looked at the website! It was sold to a group to be used as a camp for the hearing impaired and they have completely renovated it. There are three small cabins and three mid-size cabins (that's what we were in) and a huge cabin were built about five years ago and are rented out year around to help support the camp. The kids who are at the camp stay in bunk houses. The last camp ended August 3 so the bunkhouses can be rented by any group. The dining hall is used for wedding receptions, etc. There is a gazebo that is used for weddings and another hall that can be used for dances. And a 10 pad campground. http://www.camplakodia.com Companies rent the entire facility for training sessions through out the year and it is used for many family reunions. And in the Fall it is used as a hunting lodge. It is staffed completely with hearing impaired people...we wrote lots of notes! Then we thought we had a short in our light fixtures the first night because the lights were flashing...it was one of the staff ringing the door bell! Probably the only thing that we worried about was if the chef ever tried signing with a butcher knife in his hands! Ouch....

The family in the cabin next to us were a blast...one of those it's a small world things...we ended up knowing people who they knew. The Arts were celebrating their oldest son's 40th birthday and we helped....for two nights! The three of us hit the beach during the day and floated around on air mattresses and would go out to eat supper and then just come back to the cabin. Next year we want to stay more that three nights. It was so relaxing!

Okay Barb...the hair...my hair is/was dark brown but my about 1/4 gray is white wiry little devils! So I just use a dark ash blond to color the white....nothing that makes a drastic change...just looks highlighted.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby avalen » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:42 pm

what a totally awesome place to have a vacation. Funny about the lights flashing but
I guess for the hearing impaired the doorbell wouldn't get much attention. I'd definately
be out floating on the lake like you. The hair looks good and the funky sunglasses are
a hoot!
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Mtntophoundz » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:27 am

Boy, sounds like you had a nice time. The camp sounded neat too! So pretty!!!
Mollie
A hubby, 2 skin kids,
Fur-sons Shane & Rascal
It is in the woods we return to reason and faith..... ~Emerson
Mtntophoundz

Return to General Talk