The Rally - Albuquerque - 2009

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

The Rally - Albuquerque - 2009

Postby Bethers » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:51 pm

Well, after I so enjoyed The Rally last year in GA, I intend to go to the next on this coming spring in Albuquerque, NM. Yes, I know it's early to plan, but since it could be a long distance for many - I thought I'd throw it out there now for any of you to start considering. It would be great if we could have a group there.

I'll probably volunteer again (gets my site paid for - if I take a dry camping site, partially paid for otherwise) - but am considering not this time, and just being a real attendee - specially if others are going to come, too.

If others are interested and we put in together, we could probably get parking near each other also (especially the sooner we do it).

The Rally
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: The Rally - Albuquerque - 2009

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:25 pm

Oh Beth I LOVE New Mexico. What rally? When? More details as I love to plan ahead and need to so I can work around my workamping.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:27 pm

LOL - the details will still be sketchy right now - but I did put a link to it at the bottom of my post :) And you can look at pictures and stuff from the one in Perry, too. I'll be going for the early bird days, too - at least that's my plans right now. Then after the rally, want to head up to Santa Fe for a couple days - before will probably visit some of southern NM.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Getupngo » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:40 pm

Wow. A Rally within striking distance for me!!! I'd like to go if all works out for me in the spring. What fun! I've only gone to regional FMCA rallies.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby Gentleladybear » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:33 am

I just got the attached email on the rally, thought I would share.

Sedaka Live at the Rally
2009 in Albuquerque
Music's Legendary Pioneer to
Lead Entertainment Lineup

Neil Sedaka, legendary pop singer, songwriter and pianist, will kick off the entertainment lineup on April 17 at the 2009 Rally in Albuquerque, New Mexico. It's just one more reason you should plan to RV west next April and get your kicks at the tenth anniversary of the Greatest RV Rally in the World.

A classically trained pianist, Sedaka is a prolific and versatile author of more than 1,000 songs with countless hit singles and platinum and gold records. He recorded chart toppers, including "The Diary," "Oh! Carol," "Stairway to Heaven," "Calendar Girl," "Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen," "Bad Blood," and "Laughter in the Rain." His song, "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do," was recently listed by BMI (Broadcast Music, Inc.) as one of the 50 most performed songs of the 20th century.

With a career that spans more than six decades, Sedaka is widely recognized not only as a performer of his own material but also for the montage of hits he has penned for others such as "Puppet Man" for Tom Jones, "Workin' on a Groovy Thing," for The Fifth Dimension, "Solitaire" for The Carpenters, "When Love Comes Knocking At Your Door" for The Monkeys, and "Love Will Keep Us Together" for Captain and Tennille. Currently completing a world tour, Sedaka's concerts continue to be enormous draws in Las Vegas, Reno and Atlantic City.

In addition to the exceptional entertainment at the Albuquerque Rally, make plans to join in the Rally's world–record attempt for the Most People Wearing Balloon Hats. The current record of 1,876 people wearing balloon hats in a single location was set on August 16, 2006, in Hillsboro, OR. Just don a balloon hat and help pop the record!

From entertainment to activities to exhibits, there's a lot more planned for the industry's biggest event of the year. Click here for the latest details or to reserve your spot for The Rally 2009.

April 2009
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

The Rally Dates
Early Bird Dates

• Neil Sedaka wrote chart topper, "Oh! Carol," for former girlfriend Carole King and another hit, "Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen," for his then close friend Annette Funicello.*

• The first balloon passengers, in 1783, were a rooster, a sheep and a duck.**

*Wikipedia
**Albuquerque Convention & Visitors Bureau

www.TheRally.com
and 877-749-7122

All of the email didn't come through on the copy and past but at least here is some informtion I can share.

Nan
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby avalen » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:24 am

oh I love Neil Sedaka, wish I could go but I know I can't so I'm going to content
myself with reading your stories when some of you do go.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:15 pm

I got that email, too, Nan - and I'm looking forward to seeing him. All the entertainment at the last one was a blast. And I was part of breaking the Guiness record they broke this past spring (most couples dancing - I got a man from the singles coffee in the morning to go with me LOL) and they have one for this spring that will be most people wearing balloon hats, or something like that - and I'll do that one, too. Just is fun!
Beth
Bethers

Postby carold » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:36 pm

Sounds like fun, but will be in south FL until April 1. :cry: :cry: carold
carold

Postby Sunseeker » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:37 pm

We'll hopefully discuss this more at the TX GTG, but it sounds like fun to me. I'm glad we don't have to make a committment till after the first of the year. I'll let ya'll bring the topic up to Tommy ;) .
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Gentleladybear » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:59 pm

Beth remember you going to that one. I attended one at Daytona Beach and had such a great time. So much to see and so much to do. They had an extreme make over of a motorhome. That was fun to watch each day. Had great concerts each night with great performers. Enjoyed that rally very much.

Nan
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby Bethers » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:51 pm

OK, bumping this to the top. Sparkle and I are planning to get our tickets this coming week. Karen is a maybe. If any of you are interested and want to try to get in the same parking area, we need to submit together - so just throwing this back out there.

Of course, we can always meet up on the grounds (phones are wonderful) but just want to give everyone the chance.
Beth
Bethers

Postby Sparkle » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:00 pm

Oh Nan, I thought there was going to be an extreme makeover for a person. I need one!
Sparkle

Postby Orchid » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:37 am

My neighbors are already signed up for the ABQ rally. They are my RVing inspiration. They, too, were at the GA rally last spring and had a ball. Well maybe someday I'll get to go, too. Cheryl
Orchid

Return to General Talk