FRIDAY OCT 4th

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

FRIDAY OCT 4th

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Oct 04, 2024 10:26 am

Good absolutely chilly morning. I got up to 39° dang. My house was cold so instead of freezing to death because yesterday I didnt want to turn my heat on, today I turned it on when I got up. To heck with being cold and having cold feet, hands and nose. I will turn it back off after the temps outside warm up a bit. Supposed to get up to 70° so that part is perfect.

Sandi so sorry to read about Abby. Hope you can find something to stave it off like Beth did with Peaches. There is no cure for kidney disease as you probably know but there are some things you can change. I am sure Beth will give you some suggestions. Sheila have a good trip.
Martha glad your weather has cooled down makes the farm work so much easier. Anne is probably just a puddle in her neck of the woods. They are breaking records down there.

Housecleaning is on my agenda today. Washed a couple of windows yesterday but have way more to go. But doesn't have to be done all at once. Still busy dusting in all areas due to the sawing that went on in my ceiling LOL But I love my lights so a little needed dusting isnt unusual around here anyway. Getting ready to make my project list for the cooler months. Some are smaller projects and others a bit bigger. I like a project every day. Usually smaller ones as I like to feel I accomplished something every day. I like tidy. I hate chaos. Right now I am pretty tidy and no chaos BUT need to do some deeper cleaning. Like vacuum the furniture and along the walls where the vacuum doesnt do so good. Henry does a good job but he doesnt do the deep down vacuuming so I do it ever couple months with my big vacuum.

Time for some breakfast and get this day started.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Re: FRIDAY OCT 4th

Postby Cudedog » Fri Oct 04, 2024 11:52 am

OregonLuvr wrote:Martha glad your weather has cooled down makes the farm work so much easier. Anne is probably just a puddle in her neck of the woods. They are breaking records down there.

Good morning, Karen, and all who follow. 70* sounds purely amazing.

Wednesday topped out at 110*, yesterday was "only" 106*, today might be "only" 102* - 103*.

Puddle? Puddle?? Please don't say puddle!!

Made a really BIG mistake on Wednesday, when I went out to my car to do a quick errand (when it was 110*), and THIS is what happened!!

LOL. :roll: :lol:

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby SoCalGalcas » Fri Oct 04, 2024 1:17 pm

I am a puddle like that car when it is hot! Cute picture.
Sandi, I know Abbie is so very special to you. It really hurts when our fur babies get sick. I know you will take good care of her. I feel for you.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby JudyJB » Fri Oct 04, 2024 6:45 pm

On a positive note, my son says his dog is doing better. Hopefully, lack of jogging with him and kids not encouraging her to run by chasing a ball are helping. Being a Brittany, she is normally a very high-activity dog and loves to run, but they have tried to keep her calm and quiet, with only a little running allowed. She has been a great family dog, and when I took her camping, she rolled over on her back when small children wanted to pet her. (She did have a couple of instances, however, when she could not resist going after a groundhog.)

Got rain today, so I stayed inside and did some catching up on executor work. Want to estimate how much in taxes I need to withhold when I disburse money to all of the many beneficiaries. I will be glad when everything is done, and am hoping no one complains. Did my best to document everything.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In ID, then WA & OR, and finally to CA. Winter: NV, AZ, & NM

Return to Morning Coffee