Friday and where is everyone?

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Postby Bethers » Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:29 pm

I left Rapid City, stopped in Keystone and visited with Marni and Rich briefly. Drove through Custer State Park again, visiting the wildlife some more, then hit the road south. I'm stopped in Scottsbluff right next to the monument at Riverside Park.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Friday and where is everyone?

Postby JudyJB » Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:17 pm

I'm here, but had a busy day. I climbed up on bunk and tried to check things but could not find cause of front TV not working, but if there is something I really want to see, I can watch the one in my bedroom. Hoping technician on Wednesday can tell me what is wrong. Last night I did clean off one of the boards I use to raise my rig a bit and used it to prop up bed so I could get some stuff out I needed. I also called Fleetwood and Camping World and trying to find source of new struts. Will drive to CW or get Fleetwood to 2nd day air them, but their ordering system is down.

Went out and got COVID shot, then filled rig up with gas, and dropped some bills at the post office. Then to Walmart and picked up a few things, including an air cleaner. It was $98 but I don't want to get into smoke this year and have it kick off my allergies as it did a couple of years back.

Back home and put things away and sorted stuff out, made one week prescription daily container, but need to call pharmacy to see if I really have refills of several, as it looks maybe if doctor refilled them or me in July.

Anyway, I am beat and need to take trash out, then i can rest. Need to add a bit of water also, and tomorrow I am going to work on thermostat and maybe wash my rig, as I found out they allow it here! It is really dirty from 4 months without a wash. Might only do one side at a time, as it is hard on my shoulder.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In ID, then WA & OR, and finally to CA. Winter: NV, AZ, & NM

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:29 pm

I am here but late in the day today. Was busy most of the day. Also got my car washed and it was kind of breezy so I got a shower while doing it. But it was so dusty and dirty I had to be able to see out of the windows hah
Fetuccini alfredo for dinner and now a couple of cookies, which I didnt need.
Going to meet Laura for breakfast tomorrow so that will be fun.
I have the electrician starting work on Monday here. Excited to get some lights up and a couple of ceiling fans. Time for a little R&R now
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:45 pm

Another frustrating and costly day :roll: .

I was going to take the RV (aka, Money Pit) to the RV dealer to drop off this morning. I went to start it and...nothing. The battery was totally dead! I called Good Sam and had a guy out here in a half hour. He jumped it and finally got it started. I let it run for about 15 minutes. I was really low on gas so I stopped at the gas station down the street. After putting gas in, I tried to start it, and nothing! This time, I called my mechanic's shop since they are just a mile from there. He sent one of his guys over to jump it. This time it wouldn't even start with a jump. He went back to the shop and got a new battery, came back and put that in. Started right up! I drove it to the shop so he could check to make sure it wasn't the alternator, which luckily, was OK. So now the RV has a new battery. I had to cancel the drop-off at the dealer until Monday.

I think this RV is cursed! Or maybe I am! :shock:

Rested a little when I got home and then finished up the junk boxes in the living room so that is done. I need more boxes/bins tho, for the last minute things I will pack next week. Will stop at WM tomorrow to see if I can find something on sale again, or I can use cardboard boxes for stuff going to the new place (clothes, bathroom stuff, etc). Now just a couple things in the porch to figure out what to do with, then will pull out the few small bins in the shed. The last several days will be cleaning this place. I know the new owner is having someone come in and do a good cleaning, but I want to get the cat hair and dust cleaned up. Have a few little fixes around here to take care of too. I need to put on a new outlet cover in the porch and remove window stickers on the slider doors (I put those on so I (and the cats) wouldn't walk into the doors thinking they were open! It happens!).

We had storms in the area today. Joshua Tree National Park (on the other side of the mountains to the east) had some flash flooding. I only heard about 10 drops hit the roof, just enough to make muddy spots on my Jeep :roll: . I will be washing the Jeep next week, so not a big deal with that. Just wish we had gotten some decent rain here. We haven't had a good rain out here for a long time!

Have a good night...
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Cudedog » Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:57 pm

Good evening, everyone.

I'm almost always here, reading and lurking when I'm not griping about the weather.

Speaking of which, it topped out at a toasty 101* again here today, although I guess it is now officially "late September". At least it is after the 15th. which makes it late September in my book.

Out walking with my Joe, I am beginning to see that the leaves are falling. We do get a minimal amount of fall color here, but the leaves I am seeing blowing along the ground are just crackly, dead and brown. No color at all. So maybe it is the ongoing heat that is bringing them down, or maybe the change of seasons. It sure is getting dark early, so the days are really shortening.

Hoping Sue is doing ok. You there, Sue (check your pm's)? I worry about Sue when she doesn't post - I always enjoy starting my morning with Sue, as she is so often the first one on here.

I don't often buy candy bars, and I wasn't going to buy one today, but when I was checking out my groceries I briefly glanced at the rows of candy bars beside the checkout stand. My eyes nearly bugged out: $2.59 for your regular, normal-size, candy bar. Holy smokes. The last time I looked, they were $1.25, and that seemed a high price to me.

And Cheetos! I like Cheetos, and I usually allow myself the smallest bag once per month. Not anymore. The smallest bag of Cheetos (maybe 2 ounces) was a fast $2.59. No more Cheetos for me - maybe never!

This inflation thing is getting downright scary.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:23 am

Anne, it was 101 here too. Is fall ever going to get here?

I went to bring my son some mail and the pumpkin bread. Going to Lafayette takes a big chunk of time out of my day. When I got home I mowed some in front of the barn. They haven't brought the cows back yet or they could eat the grass. They may be waiting to see what weather next week brings so they don't have to take them out again.

For the longest time I only had one Hummingbird coming to my feeder. Then there were 4 for a while. Now there are so many sometimes I can't count them all. They are going through 2 cups of sugar water everyday.

Barbie, hope you have found all the RV problems. Does the RV have a generator that will start? Some motorhomes have a switch by the steering wheel that will let you use the coach batteries to start the engine. I carry a battery charger/starter and have used the generator to jump start the motor. The last couple of times I have started my motorhome the battery light has stayed on for a while. I don't remember how long it's been since I changed the battery. I need to go get it checked at Auto Zone before I decide to go somewhere.

I passed by the property in Maurice and the guy that bales hay there has finally mowed. I can't tell if he baled hay or not, but I think it was mostly weeds.

The Oreo cookie people have a new Coca-Cola flavor cookie and there is a Oreo flavored Coke Zero. I didn't get any cookies but picked up one of the cokes. Hard to say what it tastes like except really sweet.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby snowball » Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:38 am

I miss judged the timing to get to Sugar City so we were late late... thought 1.5 hours would be long enough... didn't take into account the slow down to 30 35 25 on and on we left at 12;09 later than I planned so I was pushing it anyway but going out with a older person is like going with a toddler at the door I'd better go to the bathroom... good thing she did so we didn't have to on the trip... so when we got to Driggs called and talked to the gal/owner who was going to be doing her hair... she said hurry but don't speed and she would need to fit her in around other appointments... being 20 min. late totally understand was just grateful that she let her come... had talked with dd#3 about meeting us for a late lunch when I thought we would be out by 4 nope can't be lucky if I don't work until 7 ok so called dd#2 and said that we were running later than planned would you be able to meet us for supper in Driggs sorry mom been sick for 3 weeks.. so I being the mom said have you been to the dr (she said it was sinus type thing) she said did you go when you didn't feel well well yes I did oh well how long did it take you 1 wk and then again the next week sorta popped her balloon :lol: :lol: I told her if it's hanging on that long it probably needs help... guess we will see if she goes... then dd#3 called and said she was giving it up do we still want to go to by now supper ok that works... so dd and her son and his family meet us at Applebee's and we had supper... so very late when we got home... stuff is till in car kid downstairs will bring it in after work tomorrow and there will possibly be more as I need :roll: to go to the store... too far away to get perishables so still need milk and something for dinner on Sunday think I am going to make goulash for supper tomorrow
actually found a small crock pot so bought it hopefully it will be good... bought tooth brush replacements the other day couldn't decide if they were compatible with the toothbrush and I wasn't overly happy with it so got a new toothbrush :roll: and other things toilet paper ect flonase it's so expensive not even sure it works... but got a 2 set as it was cheaper than buying 2 single ones but so expensive... things are expensive Anne as you said... did get some of the canned soups that I use when I can't think of anything else when it's just the two of us... although they didn't have the ones I really like....
Beth have a safe trip back to AZ
Barbie that is too bad that you had to get a battery hopefully it will sell quickly
that meal sounded really good Karen hopefully you totally enjoyed it... yielded the temptation of getting some crumble cookies they are so good and so expensive but normally I will take them and put them in a zip lock bag and freeze them... so they last longer even last longer if I over look one :o I did that finished it up last night was so good...
Judy more ambitious than I am but it's nice that they will let you wash the rig there... is it possible that the tv just gave it up?
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:25 am

Anne, where were you shopping? I just checked the Walmart in Benson, AZ and a regular sized candy bar is $1.32 and Safeway $1.49. The price you said is insane.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Morning Coffee