Smoky Tuesday

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Smoky Tuesday

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:44 am

Good morning gals,

It is smoky smelling here today. Not sure where there are fires that are causing that, but there is an air quality alert here for it.

Woke up early this morning. Still get a lot of anxiety when I first wake up. I listened to 2 YouTube meditation videos this morning. They do help some.

Dropped off the RV at the RV repair shop and they will inspect the coach and fix the toilet. I filled and dumped the tanks twice yesterday, after putting a bottle of stuff in the black tank last week to dissolve what was in there.

I worked on the kitchen yesterday and got all but the food sorted and packed. I think I need to go thru some of those bins again and downsized even more. Will go thru the food today and then work on the living room and porch.

Martha, I saw yesterday about the hurricane heading for you. Where do you stay in Lafayette? That is in the path of the storm. Please stay safe! Do the kitties have a safe place to go for shelter? Keep us posted on what is going on and how you are doing!

Anne, good luck with your continued house hunt in Oregon.
Beth, safe travels!
Lyn, glad you are in your travel trailer now and enjoying it. I bet the dog likes it there too!

Have a good day...
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: Smoky Tuesday

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Sep 10, 2024 12:54 pm

I picked up loose things in the yard and on the carport this morning. They picked up the cattle this morning. Eddie tried to put the tractor on the hill but of course it won't run today when we really need it to run. He will have to come back and pull it up with a truck. I should have waited until today to move the truck. I will leave the cats in the house when I leave. I only have two outside cats now. If I think there is a chance of a tidal surge I will put them in the house too. Every weather update moves the landfall a little to the East. If the eye will hit here or to the East it will pull water out instead of pushing it in. I will go to my son's in Lafayette. I will see how bad the weather gets today and will leave tonight or in the morning.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Redetotry » Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:39 pm

Martha I hope it works out that the storm misses you. It sounds as though you are pretty much prepared.

I had a friend request from Kathleen Wallace on FB yesterday. The photo was her and it looked like a legitimate request. Today though when I looked for her page I only found one and it doesn't have a photo of her and shows Liz as her only friend. Is anyone else friends with her.

Beth I hope you journey is going well. I just had an acupuncture appointment and I am in need of a nap I am sooo relaxed. Barbie wish you were here to be able to have a treatment.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Irmi » Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:47 pm

Martha, please stay safe and check in when you can.
Irmi

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:57 pm

BJ, if I get a friend request I click on the name and look to see if they have any friends or posts. Usually it's a scam if they have very few friends or posts. You could do a search for Kathleen's name and see if she has another page that looks legitimate.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby OregonLuvr » Tue Sep 10, 2024 6:08 pm

Good afternoon. Expecting rain tomorrow so was out picking my strawberries and some of the tomatoes as the rain causes them to split if I dont. The onions I have left in the ground will be okay and also picked the strawberries. Then I will cover my chairs, other than that let it rain let it rain let it rain. Our firefighters need it and pray no lightning.

Ran some errands this afternoon, went to Costco and got a rotisserie chicken, toilet paper, paper towels and a few other things. Still got out of there under $90 which is somewhat of a record for me. I also picked up a chicken for my neighbor. Our yard sale is this Friday and Saturday but I am not participating. I hate garage sales, the selling part anyway.
Came home had some chicken and a veggie and some sliced tomatoes and cucumber. GOOD.

Martha hope you dont get hit badly. You sound about as prepared as you can be, hope you will be safe at your sons.

If I get a friend request from someone I already think I am friends with I look on MY friends list and see if they are already there. If they are I know that request is a fake.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Bethers » Tue Sep 10, 2024 6:43 pm

Kathleen isn't on FB much anymore. But she just posted her car for sale yesterday or day before. I'm sure that was a fake. Martha, sounds like you've got everything sorted out. I hope nothing does damage.

I'm at the free area on Holloman Lake next to the site force base (white sands on the other side). Peaches and I stayed here several years ago, also on a hot day. Ty and I are sitting outside the car. We're behind the car facing east so in the shade and in able to see some planes taking off etc. I'm hoping there will be a nice sunset west. Luckily there's a nice breeze back here since the temp is 92 right now. Supposed to be mid 60's overnight and the high where I plan to go tomorrow is mid 70's.

I need to get a new car adaptor for charging my new phone in the car. It told me it doesn't like the one I have and didn't work with it. It looks like it's charging on a charge adaptor I brought with. Otherwise both phones could die before my first motel night lol Just telling you in case I don't touch base. Plus the state park I'm hoping to stay at is usually spotty service. As long as the phones get me there.

I already fed Ty and myself. Going to grab a book and relax.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:53 pm

Beth, do you have a tent or are you sleeping in your car?

Got a few minor issues (luckily) taken care of inside the RV today. Just waiting for the new title before I can bring it to the RV dealer.

Didn't feel too good today. Couldn't shake the anxiety. So I didn't get too much done with the kitchen. I think I will wait on going thru the food cupboards until later on. I need to start on the living room. But right now all the bins are in there so they need to get moved out on the porch before I can work on the living room.

The sky was hazy with smoke all day and the sun made everything look orange thru the smoke. There are two fires n the lower mountains east of LA and the winds really picked up from the west so it is blowing all the smoke into the valley here, along with the dust. Air quality is poor for the next couple days.

Martha, stay safe!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby snowball » Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:27 am

woke up to smelling a lot of smoke so decided to check the weather app and see what it said.... read that we have a air alert due to smoke from the fire on Towogettee (totally misspelled and I went to check to see how it was spelled on the alert and it's been lifted) so we will live with it being misspelled :lol: about that time the phone rang and it was the gal that I talked to about a boat ride was going to answer and say have you heard of the alert?? but she called to say that due to the alert they didn't think today would be a good day to go for a ride... can't even see the Teton's ... it was so bad at that time I checked my oxygen level and it was 88 on oxygen... then it went up so it was ok but it really made me feel like I couldn't breath so I closed my bedroom window and didn't do anything that I actually was hoping to do
listened to a pod cast read scriptures and knitted on the dish cloth ... and tackled that hat I hope I am doing it correctly... it looks right it takes the two rows to make the star... need to repeat those a few times not sure as in the tutorial she was working on a preemie hat or new born not sure and hopefully this will fit a 3 month old... hope it looks small if it's too small I can always make a different one... once I got it down it wasn't too hard... hopefully the mom will like it
did get some of the laundry folded but to be honest was more interested in the hat... will take care of it when I go to my room... hopefully before I think of something else I'd rather do
Martha here is hoping it misses your area and sounds like you are prepared the best you can be
I was going to ask Beth if you have a tent for non motel nights... have a safe trip where all do you plan on going on your trip?
Barbie when do you need to be out of your house? it sounds like you have been working with bins for so long I'll bet you are just tired of it... do you know yet what you will be doing or going to when you get to Tucson?
BJ did you check your friends to see if you are already friends with Kathleen? that is usually what I do when I see a name that is familiar are is asking to be friends...
Karen so envy you of having fresh tomatoes and strawberries... sounds so good
you all have a great day
sheila
snowball

Postby Pooker » Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:28 am

Hello all - I'm west of Barbie and air here isn't very smoky, but it's snowing ashes and sky is gray and yellow. Don't know which fire all the ash is coming from. Fires, especially big ones, seem to be happening every year nowadays. At least today and all week is supposed to be in 80's here! Wahoo! Wondered if the thermometers were stuck over 100 all summer. I love 80's.

Martha - You've done about all you can do. Stay safe and dry and keep us posted, please.

Beth - I also wondered if I had missed something about your travels - Sleeping in car? Motel? Be safe.

Sheila - Glad you are staying inside during this bad air quality time. Breathing is good!

Evie
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Sep 11, 2024 9:43 am

Evie, there is a fire west of you in Trabuco Canyon and one north of you north of the I-10. Neither are close to you but depending on the winds, you are getting the ash from one or both of them.

Skies are clear here today (Wednesday).

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:15 pm

Martha, thinking of you today. Glad you were able to get the equipment to higher ground. Is it my imagination or do persons in hurricane weather get more warning to evacuate than persons in fire danger? No smoke in SD right now. Sounds like it is going East not south.
Beth have a nice trip. Have you done this type of traveling previously?
Boy, Annie, you have a big dilemma to sort out about where to move. I have been reading “great places to retire to. You need a huge spread sheet to see all the differences! With headings labeled property taxes, temperature year around. Health care. Cost of electricity. Have electricity or natural gas. I am guessing the cost of food and gasoline although different wouldn’t make that much difference to you? Vets in area.? Libraries? Property taxes? What else?
Sounds like Judy will be going through the same situation soon? Add State taxes. If there are none, other taxes will be higher.
I would move out of California ina heart beat if not for a few things. My kids are all here and I need my doctors .
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Cudedog » Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:48 pm

BarbaraRose wrote:Anne, good luck with your continued house hunt in Oregon.

Thank you for thinking of me, Barbie. I wish for you a speedy sale of your RV, and a safe trip - and happy arrival - to your next destination. Wherever that might be.

My best wishes to you.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Cudedog » Wed Sep 11, 2024 12:54 pm

SoCalGalcas wrote:Martha, thinking of you today. Glad you were able to get the equipment to higher ground. Is it my imagination or do persons in hurricane weather get more warning to evacuate than persons in fire danger? No smoke in SD right now. Sounds like it is going East not south.
Beth have a nice trip. Have you done this type of traveling previously?
Boy, Annie, you have a big dilemma to sort out about where to move. I have been reading “great places to retire to. You need a huge spread sheet to see all the differences! With headings labeled property taxes, temperature year around. Health care. Cost of electricity. Have electricity or natural gas. I am guessing the cost of food and gasoline although different wouldn’t make that much difference to you? Vets in area.? Libraries? Property taxes? What else?
Sounds like Judy will be going through the same situation soon? Add State taxes. If there are none, other taxes will be higher.
I would move out of California ina heart beat if not for a few things. My kids are all here and I need my doctors .
Lyn

Thanks, lyn will post more in a bit
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Return to Morning Coffee