Saturday, September 7

Let's start our day with a good morning here.

Saturday, September 7

Postby Irmi » Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:14 am

Good morning ladies!

Tina, have a good time at the dog show! I know lots of you are still dealing with hot weather and we are, too, but not to the extent Karen and Anne are having. The end of next week we are only supposed to get into the high 80's. Sheila, I wish you didn't have so much on you. Beth, good idea to change your schedule some. Judy, I can't imagine campgrounds having 15 amp service, other than for tenters. Glad you were allowed to use your generator. Has anyone heard from Velda? I know Beth gave an update after Chris came home. I think about her wondering how she is.

I got a new laptop and everything works! Lol. It was trying to misspell words intentionally so the "h" would show up. I am finally catching up since returning from our trip. It was unbelievable how much we took with us for the two weeks, brought back and had to put everything where it belonged, on top of doing laundry. We also found a really nice thrift store in MD that had only high dollar clothes and everything sold for $ 8.00. I got a pair of white slacks, white capris, and a couple tops, Steve got shorts and a shirt or two. I can't even remember. So we came home with more clothes than we left with. Yesterday we took lots of winter jackets out of the motorhome closet and stored them under the bed.

Tomorrow is my first Sunday playing for church and this coming Friday I play for my sisters church for a hymn sing they're having. I'll be doing lots of practicing between now and then. Tomorrow we are having a potluck after the service and I'll be making a macaroni/shrimp salad. The Father of our church rescheduled a baptism for tomorrow that was originally scheduled for last Sunday, but "they" wanted me at the organ. That family picked out all the hymns and fortunately I know them, but still want to practice.

Enjoy your day and stay cool!
Irmi

First Saturday of September

Postby Colliemom » Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:16 am

Morning. Meteorological Fall started last Sunday as I mentioned then, and it definitely feels like fall here. After a few beautiful mid 70’s days, we crashed into fall weather yesterday with highs struggling to make the mid 50’s and windy with lake effect rain showers. Currently it is cloudy and 45°. Had it been clear last night, we would have dropped into 30’s. Today is looking pretty much the same, but maybe a little closer to upper 50’s.

So given the weather yesterday, I was going to do some house cleaning chores, but being out of salt for my water softener, decided that heading to town was more important. So, went and did that, picked up a new gas can as well, and a few things at Meijer. Then went to a Chinese buffet. Took care of lunch and dinner both. Got a couple short dog walks in and spent time doing a new Diamond Painting. I set my custom aside to work on a small Christmas one I want to donate to friends church for a silent auction and dinner event they are doing later this month.

Shelia, to answer your question about my mattress, I bought a Serta Posturepedic mattress and also a new box frame. Thry are not cheap, but figured my health and a good nights sleep are more important than the $$. But some of the cost was delivery, disposal of the old mattress and box spring, etc. So far I like it. Still getting used to sleeping on a bit firmer mattress. But my back is happy. Piper put her stamp of approval on it too. She’s currently stretched out on it sound asleep.

Judy, I hear ya on the hot weather. I don’t handle it well anymore either. We have some coming in later this coming week. Not looking forward to that since my AC went poof. But I have a fan and am going to get a different one this week. If humidity stays down and we have a breeze, then it’s not bad. O,us nights cool off. But those of us who are older, remember that for many years, we never had air conditioning, and we managed to survive, but we were younger than too. Tina, you should have comfortable temps in Ann Arbor this weekend. Have fun. Martha, I agree bout smart cars. I’m still figuring out stuff in my truck. I found the online manual and have it downloaded in my IPad.

Time to get dressed and get moving. Going to do the house chores I didn’t do yesterday. Won’t take long. Clean my bathroom, wash kitchen floor and do some dusting. So have a nice day everyone.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Saturday, September 7

Postby OregonLuvr » Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:22 am

Low 90's until Wed when we drop down to upper 60's ha ha and might even have a couple of rain showers, we shall see. Anne is suffering so much more than I am but I am still whining LOL Like so many of you I used to tolerate the heat much better than I do now. I would so much rather be cold than hot. Irmi says
I got a new laptop and everything works! Lol
I am kind of disappointed it was fun figuring out what you were saying and not that hard ha ha ha I am pretty sure you dont need much organ practice. Nice you are a special request for the baptism.

Sue after the fire I bought 2 new Queen size mattresses and I got one medium firm and one firm. I love my firm mattress and so does my back. It isnt "hard" just firm with great support. I put the medium one in the guest bedroom and I slept on it a couple of times and it has really good support too. And no complaints so far from guests. I wasnt sad I lost the old matresses in the fire because I was getting ready to buy a new one for my bed anyway....whew as spendy as they are I would have been irritated losing it. And this way I didnt have to pay to have them hauled away..See there is always a bright spot LOL

I am not sure what I will do today after my housekeeping chores this morning. Maybe not a darn thing. My house is pretty clean so maybe I will start cleaning my blinds so I can wash my windows when it cools down outside. I like cleaning inside and out at the same time. I dont know how the blinds get so dusty!!!! Might wash my car this morning after it warms up a bit.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby asirimarco » Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:28 am

Good Morning to all - just a quick check in to let you all know we are still here. Still not doing much as summer continues on - been up to 109 this wee and only cools down to 90 at night. So sick of it. Bill has not been doing too well this month, more not so good days than good days. Has his nights and days mixed up. Get up about one o'clock in the morning then naps two or three times a day. He says he is fine just bored and maybe a little depressed, my thoughts. The first week it cools down to a temperature that is livable we will take a few day trips in the car somewhere - any where. Next week we are supposed to have a couple of days under 100, just barely 98!
I've been working on diamond painting - need to figure out what to do with some of the finished ones. Also now working on Halloween covers for the throw pillows.
The management made another 4-sided inspection and got the LETTER yesterday. I have to get my oleanders trimmed to "Below the lowest edge of the roof" So have a call in to the gardener. A couple of days ago my cell phone got so hot I could barely touch it. So trip to cell store and got a new phone. By the time I got to the store it had cooled down, but just didn't trust it any more.
I was checking out campgrounds - my goodness the prices have gone up. Sticker shock for sure.
asirimarco

Postby BarbaraRose » Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:15 am

Good morning gals!

Still waking up with anxiety, but now it is more about getting everything done on time for moving. I will spend this weekend totally working on sorting and packing. I still don't have much energy, and get tired quickly, but I will just work a little, take a short break, work a little more, etc.

The RV should be ready to pick up today from my mechanic. That is gonna cost a bit. Needs new brakes and tires! :o Then Tuesday, I will take it to the RV repair place near here and get an inspection of the coach and get the toilet fixed. I am hoping there won't be too many issues with that. After that, it goes to the RV dealer for sale.

Did a haircut yesterday and also got a refund back from my home owners insurance company, so I made $100 for the day. Good to have a little money coming back in!

I need to call U-Haul too. They only will allow me to have the trailer for 3 days. I will need it for 4 days, so I need to call and find out if I can do that for not much more money. I plan to stop overnight halfway to Tucson, and I need one day to load it, two days to get there, and one day to unload and return it. I just can't do 6 hours on the road anymore. I did that going out there last week and was just exhausted by the time I got there. And with a U-Haul on the back, and two nervous cats, I just can't push myself (or them) for that long.

I better get up and get some breakfast, and then start in on the bathroom. Plan to get the kitchen done today too. Then tomorrow, the living room and porch.

Temps are coming down now, hopefully for good! Today will be 110* and by the end of the week, will be in the upper 90's. I can live with that and so can my AC!

Carol, good to hear from you! Sorry Bill isn't feeling well lately. Maybe once the temps come down and he can get outside and you can take some day trips, he will perk up again. It has been a very long, hot summer for all of us! I am sure we will all feel better once the fall temps move in.

Have a good day!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:20 am

Irmi I got so used to you without h's. Karen I laughed out loud at your comment about them. I'm glad, but also sorry, that so many of us have no/ much less tolerance for heat. And most of us lived with no ac for some, if not all, of our childhoods. Carol so sorry Bill is doing worse. I hope when it finally cools down that helps him.

I really need to clean the inside of my car. It was nice this morning but after walking TY I came inside to cool off (sun gets me even though temp wasn't bad) and drink an electrolyte drink. I think I'll go work on it in short spells.

I hope U Haul will be understanding Barbie.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Sep 07, 2024 1:27 pm

There are a few people at the house past me where the lady moved out. They are doing target shooting with shotguns. Luna was freeking out and had to try a bunch of places to hide. She decided that the best place is under my desk on my feet. I sure hope the shooters don't move in there. All the cats came back in except Frosty.

Irmi, we will miss your missing h. lol Your church is lucky to have you to play for them.

Barbie, how does U-Haul expect people to move if you can only have a trailer for 3 days. I thought you could rent a trailer and return it where you moved to. Sorry you are having to get the RV all fixed up and are going to sell it. You could use it to move your stuff.

Carol, sorry Bill is still having so much trouble.

Luna keeps throwing the cover off her big bed so this morning I washed it. Maybe she doesn't like that it smells like cat. The cats sleep in her bed sometimes. I keep a waterproof pad and a smaller bed over the big one because it's so hard to wash.

Since it's been raining so much the Hummingbirds stay around the feeder all day. I filled it up yesterday and it looks like I need to make more food. I might have to go to the Dollar Store and get a bag of sugar.

It has only gotten up to 76 today but it's raining again off and on. I hope all the rain in the Gulf doesn't move in. I haven't heard a gunshot in a while so maybe it's safe to move.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Cudedog » Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:10 pm

Acadianmom wrote: It has only gotten up to 76 today but it's raining again off and on. I hope all the rain in the Gulf doesn't move in. I haven't heard a gunshot in a while so maybe it's safe to move.

Martha

Martha, I do hope those shooters go away soon. I'm kind of like Luna when it comes to the sound of random gunshots.

Do you think these people might be your new neighbors, or just random trespassers/squatters?

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Sep 07, 2024 3:08 pm

Anne, I think one of them was the ladies son. I sure hope they don't move in over there. Probably ten years ago they use to hunt wild hogs over there. It sounded like World War III when that was going on. That hasn't happened in a long time. They are some funny(not Ha Ha funny)people. When their grandpa owned the land and had cattle we had to deal with him sometimes if the cows got out. If we had a nice heifer that got in his pasture he would want to buy it for half price. Sometimes Harold would sell him one just to keep the peace. The guy fell out with his brother and didn't speak to him for yeas. Harold sold the brother some cows and then the neighbor would speak to us. His granddaughter was living there and started having mental problems. She moved in with her daughter so now it's the great grandkids that are seeing about the place. I doubt they would rent it to anyone but family. It's so much fun living in the country. :lol:

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Bethers » Sat Sep 07, 2024 3:32 pm

Another plus to changing parks in Texas last year was getting away from people doing shooting by the fields/ waterways that were originally an attraction for me. But it was so close that when I'd hear that at night it scared me. Sometimes it was fireworks. I didn't like either. I hope they leave, Martha.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby chalet05 » Sat Sep 07, 2024 4:44 pm

Greetings from Hay River in the Northwest Territories! I expect we'll be headed toward Montana and my train home tomorrow but won't reach Montana for several days. Have seen so much burned forest left from over the years including this year, and the smoke is in the air.

Have been without cell service for long periods so haven't been keeping up on here but have read a little here and there. Barbie, I must admit I was shocked when I read you were putting the Tioga on the consignment lot - had to go back and read that you had bought it. Carol, sorry to hear Bill is having a rough time. Tina, hope you enjoy your trip. It's hard to believe how in such a few years we look at what our bodies can handle even without medical issues.
Sheila, you just keep hanging in there and be sure to let me know the Washington dates when you have them. Perhaps you are thinking of Li who lived in Washington, but she moved to Texas a couple years ago. There is also a Lenore, but I don't know where she is. Sorry for those of you with the high heat. That has sure been the case at home. Beth, always nice to be able change plans when needed. Irmi, can't believe your trip is over already - seems like you were just leaving! Martha, I sympathize about the shooting neighbors and hope it's temporary. My upstairs neighbors are GONE! So far, the apartment is still for rent as of today. Shirl and Lyn, always happy to see your posts. Sue, thinking of you and your 46th parallel mentions as we will cross the 60th in a day or two into Alberta. All I can remember.

So far highlight of the trip other than of course seeing my grandson was sticking my foot in the Arctic Ocean after seeing the sun set over it, the 85 mile former ice road that is now available year round as of 2017, and Northern Lights although friend doesn't think it was as spectacular as expected but I was done sitting around waiting for it after several days. No one was turning the switch on!! Kansas daughter finally posted on FB that my son-in-law died of a heart attack - what I expected but glad to have it confirmed.

Onward!
Anita
chalet05

Postby Redetotry » Sat Sep 07, 2024 5:56 pm

I almost feel bad saying the high here today was 72 with a good breeze, in fact I had on a light jacket when I went to the farmers market this morning at 8:00. I also had on a long sleeved shirt when I walked at 4:30 this afternoon. Tonight it's supposed to get down to 46, hard to believe but of course it's going to warm up next week but only to 90's. We do need rain though so if anyone has extra sent it our way. Martha I'm thinking you would be willing to share.
I thought I saw where someone had asked about Velda but I can't find anything. Has anyone heard how she and her son are doing? Irmi good to see you are home and getting organized. I know you are looking forward to getting back to your church and I'm sure they have missed your music. Anita you will be happy to get home to no neighbors upstairs. Sounds as though you've had a wonderful summer. Tina enjoy your trip !
All the local news have been preempted by football ugh so guess I will get the dogs fed. Emma is off to another show and won't be back until tomorrow evening,
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Bethers » Sat Sep 07, 2024 5:59 pm

I've emailed Velda and she usually responds within a day or two. Hopefully she will soon and of course I'll pass on anything I hear.
Beth
Bethers

Postby Bethers » Sat Sep 07, 2024 7:36 pm

Here is part of Velda's email to me:
"Chris still needs so much help, I’m exhausted by end of day. He finally has a hand surgeon appointment next week, after my begging for months!
No camping for me, can’t leave him alone for long.
I’m still struggling with issues from vaccine injury and the auto immune issues it brought on."
Beth
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:23 am

Arrived in Banff this morning after stopping in a nearby town for propane. I hooked up electric, and then ran to catch the shuttle to town. They have lots of shuttles around here, but the schedules are confusing, so I stopped at the visitor center to get some info. Then I made a reservation for a gondola ride tomorrow morning. I'd rather have waited a couple of days, but it looks like clouds and maybe rain the rest of the week, and no sense going in a gondola when you can't see anything! I'll have six nights in Lake Louise to relax and enjoy the scenery.

Lots of excitement around here tonight. I went out about 7:30 pm to put some water in my tank for the night, but got distracted by female elk wandering around near my campsite and a on the edge of the campground, by the main campground road. There were maybe 10 cows and an equal number of calves there, munching away on the grass, but you could hear the big bulls bellowing in rut nearby. Pretty soon, one big bull slowly started across the road toward the ladies he planned to court, when a couple of rangers in trucks with red flashing lights appeared and tried to shoo him back into the woods and get all the female and calves back that way also. Did not want fights around campers! When yelling and flashing red lights did not work, the rangers got out paint ball guns and started shooting at the bull, and threatening to shoot females, but apparently, they had all been through this before, so most of them headed away from campground.

However, almost every camper was out of his or her trailer or motorhome, and watching the excitement, so people started chatting in groups. I went down a couple of sites to tell a couple who I had earlier told about how much I liked Waterton Lakes, that if they went there, to make sure they brought lots of food because the "market" there sold only the basics and focused on t-shirts and souvenirs--long drive to a real grocery store. So got into a conversation with them and then another couple, and ended up not getting home and inside until two hours later, at which point my dinner needed reheating. I had a headache from not eating enough today and a lot of muscle aches from walking around downtown. Ready for bed soon. Whew.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In ID, then WA & OR, and finally to CA. Winter: NV, AZ, & NM

Next

Return to Morning Coffee