No. Cal. Weather Report

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

No. Cal. Weather Report

Postby Cudedog » Tue Sep 03, 2024 7:03 pm

4:58 p.m., just checked both of my thermometers (have two so that I can compare - one is the old-fashioned mercury kind, the other one is the electronic-with-sensor kind) topping out just now at 108*.

Holy smokes. It is supposed to "cool off" all the way down to 90* by next Tuesday.

What is the weather doing in your neck of the woods?

Please help me to imagine a cool breeze. LOL.

By the way, Beth - a friend has a Kia Soul, and she quite likes it, other than the fact that she says it gets pretty poor gas mileage. Also I understand that the Soul is prone to theft, as Kia doesn't have a very robust anti-theft set up for their vehicles.

If you think about it, that's gotta be pretty low. . . stealing someone's Soul. It don't get any worse than that. :roll: :lol:

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Re: No. Cal. Weather Report

Postby Bethers » Tue Sep 03, 2024 7:42 pm

Good joke. But I wonder what year she has. The ones I'm looking at have the best mileage in their class. Highway averaging 30+. Yes, my current car highway is averaging 40+ but for the way I'm wanting to use it if like that space. And it sure beats the under 10 my motorhome gets. And driving to SD and then to Texas next month, I might decide to keep going with the car.

The weather is insane. I changed my mind about going to SD late August because of it. They are getting cooler nights but still quite high days. I don't head north until next mTuesday or Wednesday. Just checked and the cooler day temps off highs 70's and 80's this week will be back to 90's the beginning of next week. Not normal for up there. Fingers crossed. I should be careful what I wish for. They could go right down and have a snow storm lol
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby OregonLuvr » Tue Sep 03, 2024 7:57 pm

We are having another burst of hot weather high 90's and 105 on Thursday then will slowly go back down to the 80's and eventually 70's. I am so done with this hot weather. It is cool in the mornings low 50's but doesnt last too long. 86 here ight now at 6pm

Anne glad to hear you will have a bit of a cool down anyway. Out of those triple digits. Beth hope the weather cooperates for you. I am enjoying my new car. It gets great gas mileage I average 32-33mpg on the highway 27-28 in town. I am just not used to it being so much smaller than my Equinox. Doesnt take much to fill up the back hatch. Oh well at least I am not traveling anymore so it really is only an issue once in a while. Like when I have to haul bags of mulch or dirt like I did last year. I just made umpteen trips to Lowes. Luckily it is right next door to my park. And we ended up on a first name basis with the fellow that loaded it for me all the time.

Just finished dinner and now time to relax and watch a bit more of In Plain Sight LOL Crazy show
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Bethers » Tue Sep 03, 2024 8:42 pm

Karen, what car do you have now?
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby OregonLuvr » Tue Sep 03, 2024 9:13 pm

I bought a Buick Envision Essence SUV

Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Cudedog » Tue Sep 03, 2024 11:45 pm

Wow. Karen. Nice ride!

Anne
The Stone Wind
Cudedog

Postby Bethers » Wed Sep 04, 2024 11:16 am

That's really nice Karen. That's midsized and I'm going for the small size and, true to form for me, less expensive. I should play the lottery. I'd be happy with a midsized win lol. But you have to play for any win.
Beth
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Sep 04, 2024 12:16 pm

115* today and 120* tomorrow :shock:
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Cudedog » Wed Sep 04, 2024 12:52 pm

BarbaraRose wrote:115* today and 120* tomorrow :shock:

Yowza. That is HOT.

Barbie, I'll bet you are really looking forward to when you can finally get the heck outta Dodge.

Beth - as I recall, my friend with the Soul (that has a Soul? :roll: :lol: ) said that the mileage was about 23 - 24 mpg. So I guess what a person thinks of as "good gas mileage/bad gas mileage" is relative.

Beth, I have a Nissan Versa 4-door sedan (which is not a SUV) and I think it is considered to be on the small size. As a matter of fact, I ended up getting one because someone here on the Forum recommended the Versa some years back. Previous to that, I had never heard of the car.

It gets about 28 mpg city, about 38 - 40 mpg highway. And is really quite roomy, and comfortable to drive. About the only thing I hold against it is that although the engine is quiet, I do seem to hear a lot of "road noise" while driving it.

Speaking of driving it - it is a fun car to drive, and handles really well. The one I have is a manual transmission, and I love it!!

Anne
The Stone Wind
Cudedog

Postby Bethers » Wed Sep 04, 2024 1:47 pm

It depends on the year of the Soul. Newer ones get better mileage. I get 40 highway with my small sedan. I like the car, it's been good to me. But I'd like having the suv/hatchback for the kind of traveling I see in my future. I may just keep what I have. At least for the foreseeable future. Or not. Lol
Beth
Bethers

Return to General Talk